PDA

View Full Version : CAR REVS OUT OF CONTROL! PLZ HELP.

94gsrteg
04-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Ok IA, im going to be as detailed as possible so listen up.
first off i drive a 94 integra with gsr tranny and ecu with a ls engine.

im not gonna lie, this only happens when im trying to race, im not sure what exactly causes this ( i dont try to enduce it because its dangerous for the car and me. but anyways i believe when i take the car to around 6k rpm at WOT it get stucks and keeps reving past the LS redline of 7k to to the gsr redline of 8.5k. so i put it in netureal and turn the car off asap.im surprised the engine hasnt blew up yet. this doesnt happen at all when im jus daily driving the car..

ive got out the car, and with the car off pulled the throttle cable to wide open several times and cant get it to stick open.

please help, what could this be? dont want to blow my engine.

jdm-civic
04-04-2010, 11:41 PM
lol i had the same problem with my rex. my problem was that when i would open the throttle real quick, the throttle cable would get hung on the outside of the the thing holding the end of the cable so when i try to let off, the cable would just stick at WOT.sometimes i would have to kick the gas petal and press it to get it unstuck.

XanRules
04-04-2010, 11:54 PM
stop street racing, you dumbfuck.
Problem solved.

97_c1vic
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Stop trying to race. Problem solved

EDIT: What XanRules said.

94gsrteg
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
to those who said stop racing, you guys took that in the wrong way, i mean accelerating hard. but seriously, grow the hell up. how immature of an answer is that?

PRODIGY
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Have you taken your car to get serviced by a Toyota dealership recently?

XanRules
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
how immature is street racing?
And what planet do you live on where racing is the same as accelerating hard?

Have you taken your car to get serviced by a Toyota dealership recently?

that. was. awesome.

ilbcnu123
04-05-2010, 12:10 AM
"not racing" isnt going to solve the problem morons. Regardless if hes racing or not, he has a problem that is not normal. So instead of telling him not to race, contribute something helpful.

First thing i would check is if something is catching on the throttle cable or if the butterfly valve is getting stuck.

94gsrteg
04-05-2010, 12:15 AM
how immature is street racing?
And what planet do you live on where racing is the same as accelerating hard?

that. was. awesome.
im not gonna even bother arguing with you.. because you're obviously a retard.

97_c1vic
04-05-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm not the dumbass that said it only happens when I'm trying to "race".

XanRules
04-05-2010, 12:51 AM
"not racing" isnt going to solve the problem morons. Regardless if hes racing or not, he has a problem that is not normal. So instead of telling him not to race, contribute something helpful.
I'd say telling him not to race is helpful.
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"then don't do that."

94gsrteg
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
RESOLVED :D
part of my filter from my CAI came off( small round metal piece) and was wedging itself in between the throttle plate, and was getting stuck when throttle was wide open.

skeet
04-07-2010, 08:51 PM
what kind of filter does that?

94gsrteg
04-08-2010, 12:37 AM
what kind of filter does that?
im not sure what brand it was. it believe it was caused in part because the car is pretty low, and the filter would hit the ground every now and then. so after that metal piece broke off inside the intake i was sucking straight air off the ground for like a week or so( without me noticing). since then i jus went with my short ram intake. and a new filter...probably need an oil change now,lol. it did it today and my ls was bouncing off the gsr tranny's redline. so i pulled over and snatching the intake off to see a round metal disc underneath my throttle plate...
i celebrated by racing my friends ls with a few bolt ons gotta love that gsr tranny :p

jdm-civic
04-08-2010, 12:39 AM
^^i had a gsr tranny in my ls swapped crx........it was pure sex!

94gsrteg
04-08-2010, 12:55 AM
yea its nice cuz the gears are shorter, but i dont take it to redline, i shift at 7k (ls redline) cant wait to swap a gsr back into the dc2.
all the time when the throttle was gettin stuck ,i was granny'ing the throttle, and it seemed like in that whole time period every ricer in my city wanted to get next to me and pull....and i dont play that shit, ill drop it low and dip on you in a second,lol.

jdm-civic
04-08-2010, 01:00 AM
true! doing 80 on hwy is a bxxxx tho for ls rpm!

94gsrteg
04-09-2010, 12:09 AM
yea my mpg sucks ass..

jdm-civic
04-09-2010, 12:11 AM
turst me my friend, i know all about it!

J-ROCK
04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
yea its nice cuz the gears are shorter, but i dont take it to redline, i shift at 7k (ls redline) cant wait to swap a gsr back into the dc2.
all the time when the throttle was gettin stuck ,i was granny'ing the throttle, and it seemed like in that whole time period every ricer in my city wanted to get next to me and pull....and i dont play that shit, ill drop it low and dip on you in a second,lol.

the words of a true ricer!

94gsrteg
04-09-2010, 02:46 AM
get the hell out of here. im far from being a ricer... i dont initiate races. i dont go around revin my engine, and i dont have any body kit, wing, or neon lights. so do tell on how i am a ricer?

J-ROCK
04-09-2010, 03:20 AM
you can have a clean ass car and still be a ricer its in your actions to! you said that your throttle stuck when you where racing or accelerating hard in your original post then said that when it stuck open every ricer in your city tried to race you so you must have been racing in the first place or accelerating hard at every red light so basically your actions are reflecting the image of a ricer to me!

94gsrteg
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
you can have a clean ass car and still be a ricer its in your actions to! you said that your throttle stuck when you where racing or accelerating hard in your original post then said that when it stuck open every ricer in your city tried to race you so you must have been racing in the first place or accelerating hard at every red light so basically your actions are reflecting the image of a ricer to me!

well if that was true then i guess you can consider me a rice but thats not what was going on buddy... but if you were paying attention to what i've been saying, you would have known that during this period, i drove at half or less of WOT... cuz at WOT that piece of metal got stuck. i dont accelerate hard, and i do the speed limit... speeding in a red integra, with an exhaust on the highway or anywhere is the fastest way to get a ticket,lol.
but yea, dont come over the internet calling me a ricer when you dont know me. what the hell do you drive anyways?

J-ROCK
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM
well if that was true then i guess you can consider me a rice but thats not what was going on buddy... but if you were paying attention to what i've been saying, you would have known that during this period, i drove at half or less of WOT... cuz at WOT that piece of metal got stuck. i dont accelerate hard, and i do the speed limit... speeding in a red integra, with an exhaust on the highway or anywhere is the fastest way to get a ticket,lol.
but yea, dont come over the internet calling me a ricer when you dont know me. what the hell do you drive anyways?

well at the moment i do not drive anything as im building my integra!

XanRules
04-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Get a room, you two.

J-ROCK
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Get a room, you two.

im workin on it! lolz no homo

XanRules
04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
im workin on it! lolz no homo

how in the world can two guys getting a room together not be homo?
I don't think you know what this word means, son.

J-ROCK
04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
how in the world can two guys getting a room together not be homo?
I don't think you know what this word means, son.

its a joke you know one of those things people make when they are not bein serious! chill out just a little

XanRules
04-13-2010, 08:28 AM
its a joke you know one of those things people make when they are not bein serious! chill out just a little

no u

e_pirate1337
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
lol, you guys