PDA

View Full Version : No More Traffic Light Ticketss!!!!!

geezy
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
So i heard theres some kind of spray you can put over your license plate and incase you pass a redlight and the camera snaps your tag supposbly it wont get your info due to the spray..
im not sure how it works

anyone heard of this?

TSiFTW
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I've heard it doesn't really work.

jdm-civic
04-04-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.phantomplate.com/
my bad wrong link

Bacon
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs457.ash1/25122_379093828877_779918877_3825874_8066940_n.jpg

wut?

ItsBlack
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
No, said the mythbusters.

bdydrpdmazda
04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
i heard of it about 5 years ago when it came out, there is also a clear film you can put over your tag also...

jdm-civic
04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
my bad this is the right link
http://www.phantomplate.com/

quickdodgeŽ
04-04-2010, 08:37 PM
So i heard theres some kind of spray you can put over your license plate and incase you pass a redlight and the camera snaps your tag supposbly it wont get your info due to the spray..
im not sure how it works

anyone heard of this?

Seems like it would be easier and cheaper to just not run red lights. Later, QD.

loverboy_gnd
04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Seems like it would be easier and cheaper to just not run red lights. Later, QD.

true but ive been in situations where the light turned yellow, and there would no way to stop in time without smokin your tires, and if you continue going you would only make it just as the light turns red, most people dont intentionally run red lights, but its wht the situation called for

skeet
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.ghostplates.com/licence_plates.html

ItsBlack
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM
true but ive been in situations where the light turned yellow, and there would no way to stop in time without smokin your tires, and if you continue going you would only make it just as the light turns red, most people dont intentionally run red lights, but its wht the situation called for

I can agree with this. I try not to run red light also, but if theres another car behind me I wont risk him running into me. It happened before

quickdodgeŽ
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
most people dont intentionally run red lights, but its wht the situation called for

People should learn to NOT use the word "most" unless they have facts to back that up. I've always learned to slow down when approaching traffic lights just in case they do turn yellow. Problem solved for me. Later, QD.

loverboy_gnd
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I've always learned to slow down when approaching traffic lights just in case they do turn yellow. Problem solved for me. Later, QD.

lol, unfortunately alot of people dont think like you QD, but you are right, slowing down assuming the light will turn yellow would help you stop in the event that it does, but for those of us who are driving regular speed, when it does turn yellow, stopping in time can be a serious pain. but i have a question fro you QD, havent you ever been in a situation where the light turned yellow, and you knew stopping would be a problem? and what did you do?

Stuntman G
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=hiddenlicense :piss::police: :ninja:

quickdodgeŽ
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
lol, unfortunately alot of people dont think like you QD, but you are right, slowing down assuming the light will turn yellow would help you stop in the event that it does, but for those of us who are driving regular speed, when it does turn yellow, stopping in time can be a serious pain. but i have a question fro you QD, havent you ever been in a situation where the light turned yellow, and you knew stopping would be a problem? and what did you do?

In my car, I haven't been. In my truck, I have been caught up, I won't front. I had no choice but to get through it with horns blaring. I know it happens. IO wasn't trying to be an asshole. Later, QD.

loverboy_gnd
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=hiddenlicense :piss::police: :ninja:

damn james bond much

punkr6
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
People should learn to NOT use the word "most" unless they have facts to back that up. I've always learned to slow down when approaching traffic lights just in case they do turn yellow. Problem solved for me. Later, QD.

exactly, If people tried to obey the law as much as they tried to get around it, a lot of lives could be saved, and a lot less injuries on the roadways....

geezy
04-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Wow thanks for the info guys and yes those sprays and tag covers are needed in some situations!

ilbcnu123
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
edit double post

ilbcnu123
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM

and safer?

DavidV
04-05-2010, 05:58 AM
i wonder, my sister has a protective screen for her iphone where you can only see the screen if you are directly in front of it. It you try to look at it from an angle, you cant even tell if it is on or not. If only you could find this type of screen big enough for your licence plate.

tK FuRy
04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
learn to be more aware of your surroundings.

Or just lift before every traffic light, in case the light turns yellow/red, or an asshole jumps out of the intersection in front of you.

SLow_POke
04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Someone else mentioned just pay attention. I guess If your trying to get away with it with protective film, you do it quit often...... and in case of an emengency where u do have to blare thru a redlight and you get a ticket in mail, dispute it i belive they record also and not just pictures. Problem SOLVED.

allout13
04-05-2010, 07:09 AM
No, said the mythbusters.

^^^this
they tested the spray as well as a few other methods and it didn't work. IIRC the only thing that did work was blowing by going ~300mph

AnthonyF
04-05-2010, 07:10 AM
There is only ONE true thing that works, I forgot the name of it, I think it is the shark fin. I will try and find it for you. It allows your plate to be completely visible from the rear BUT when the car is turned or the camera is off the side, the fin acts as a mirror and shows the same digits on one side of the plate.

-Ant,

AnthonyF
04-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Found it, well another version of it:

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/SeikoSangyo/photofin/photofin.php

-Ant.

Greddypacked
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I can agree with this. I try not to run red light also, but if theres another car behind me I wont risk him running into me. It happened before

This almost happened to me the other day. Light turned yellow, it seemed to be a photo enforced light so I hit the brakes then checked in my mirror the guy behind me almost runs right into me. So I go up a little and to the right he barely misses me then he runs the light. Im like these dang photo enforced lights cause accidents, not prevent them.

geezy
04-05-2010, 08:55 AM
This almost happened to me the other day. Light turned yellow, it seemed to be a photo enforced light so I hit the brakes then checked in my mirror the guy behind me almost runs right into me. So I go up a little and to the right he barely misses me then he runs the light. Im like these dang photo enforced lights cause accidents, not prevent them.

True

oneSLOWex
04-05-2010, 09:00 AM
That spray doesn't work and Im pretty sure the plastic covers dont do shit either. They tested both of them on a episode of mythbusters a while back with an actual traffic camera setup on that test strip they always use. they were both tested at different speeds if i am correct and they could always see the tag number no matter what.

AnthonyF
04-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Found it, well another version of it:

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/SeikoSangyo/photofin/photofin.php

-Ant.

What this guy said.

-Ant.

Elbow
04-05-2010, 10:43 AM
You could just simply stop at stop lights and avoid running them or doing anything else illegal. Seems easy to me, oh yeah, it's free!

90_ACCORD
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
there is a lot of that stuff out. never works

KodyH
04-05-2010, 11:05 AM
If you stopping for the light would endanger others, you could fight it. Most judges would throw it out if you were respectful.

VickNotic
04-06-2010, 02:20 AM

donno bout you but i love it when some1 rides close to the rear and i would surely put my insurance to the test, just cause i want a new car. 8D i could care less if it's just the rear .. :yes:

i mean i've been paying for insurance for soo long now and I need to put them to work .. sometimes and i'm with geico 8D

geezy
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
donno bout you but i love it when some1 rides close to the rear and i would surely put my insurance to the test, just cause i want a new car. 8D i could care less if it's just the rear .. :yes:

i mean i've been paying for insurance for soo long now and I need to put them to work .. sometimes and i'm with geico 8D
so your the little lizard :ninja:

98strat
04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
electrically charged plate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1eW3QlaQM

oneSLOWex
04-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Isnt anything at all covering your tag illegal no matter what it is?

Thegrizz
04-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Only one i know that works is one they sell at meggamaxx ,and its basically a cover. but when you run a red light you hit a switch on the steering wheel and the film in front of the plate blacks out...now if you can be hauling ass and hit that switch props too you...and obviously..im pretty sure it's not all that legal