PDA

View Full Version : I'm not knocking religon, but...

§treet_§peed
04-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Have any of you ever found it slightly funny when someone says things like....

Since I found Jesus or religion, I quit drinking anything alcoholic, I quit smoking cigarettes, I quit this, I quit that, etc., etc.. Has any of this ever got on anyone's nerves?

punkr6
04-04-2010, 04:13 PM
No, I think it's a good thing for a lot of people.

§treet_§peed
04-04-2010, 04:15 PM
No, I think it's a good thing for a lot of people.

Lol I agree in some cases. BUT, I find it funny in others. Because some are doing it for show or attention.

I'm not trying to say being religious is bad, unless you're ultra religious or doing it for the wrong reasons.

ShooterMcGavin
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
to each their own, although manys' "own" is pretty retarded.

punkr6
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Lol I agree in some cases. BUT, I find it funny in others. Because some are doing it for show or attention.

I'm not trying to say being religious is bad, unless you're ultra religious or doing it for the wrong reasons.

It helps some people, and some people use it for their own gain. If one dope head can sober up because he found Jesus, Then I'm all for it...

§treet_§peed
04-04-2010, 04:22 PM
It helps some people, and some people use it for their own gain. If one dope head can sober up because he found Jesus, Then I'm all for it...

O I agree in cases like that. I'm just referring to those that use it in the wrong way.

Halfwit
04-04-2010, 04:42 PM
no your not. the only thing u stated about were the people that say they bettered their life after finding christ/jesus/god/buddha/allah.

oh yeah and i need those rosetta stone files. peace.

Halfwit
04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
just kidding i know what u mean. u find it funny that alot of ppl use that as an excuse, why dont they have the will power to change themselves?

and that u dont like the people that usereligion for personal gain.

hallelujah

Me86Rob
04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey man whatever helps people with their demons.

Since I found alcohol, I have smoked the green alot less.

§treet_§peed
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol Casey and I take it you found a woman you want to impress. PM me your email and ill send them to you. I'll have to do it separately cause it's a pretty big chunk. O and you'll need a ISO burner to burn the files to a cd. But yea religion can be a double edge sword.

Lol Rob, more booze less weed huh.

G.C
04-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Since I found Jesus or religion, I quit drinking anything alcoholic, I quit smoking cigarettes, I quit this, I quit that, etc., etc.. Has any of this ever got on anyone's nerves?

yup. but i keep my comments to my self because it always leads to arguments.

Echonova
04-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not knocking religon, but...You realize that when you use the word "but" it means ignore everything I previously said because this is what I really mean.

I think you're a cool guy and all, but... I have not found that nearly as annoying as an imature, ignorant, little napoleon complex having kid making threads about it because they "know better" and "smarter".

§treet_§peed
04-05-2010, 04:37 AM
Then would you of preferred I said something like...

I'm not knocking religion, I just hate it when... ?

Thighs
04-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Why can't WEEE be FRIENDS?!

God I forgot how good is is for killing time... but yeah religion? I'll pass. Not that it makes me any different from others who think differently, just my choice. I don't give a shit if people use it as a crutch or whatever. Not my business. What's really annoying is people who care enough to bitch about it.

Thighs
04-05-2010, 05:42 AM

God I forgot how good is is for killing time... but yeah religion? I'll pass. Not that it makes me any different from others who think differently, just my choice. I don't give a shit if people use it as a crutch or whatever. Not my business. What's really annoying is people who care enough to bitch about it.

Bajjani
04-05-2010, 07:24 AM

So is posting the same thing twice. The exact same thing.
And I wouldn't describe it as a crutch. And people do not just randomly change, it takes some event in their life to inspire change. If that event is they found faith in a higher power, then congratz to them, because it is more than most. And when I say more than most, I mean they are doing something they didn't have the willpower to do before.

Also, for those of you who think religion is a bunch of BS or don't believe or whatever, I pose a question. If you don't believe in a higher power, but someone claims they did it with the help of faith in a higher power, don't you ultimately believe they did it themselves?
So therefore they overcame their issues themselves where others couldn't.

Paul
04-05-2010, 08:41 AM

it shows how weak people are - i'm not religious but i see that the only thing in this world people have to hold on to is fear.

Bajjani
04-05-2010, 08:52 AM
it shows how weak people are - i'm not religious but i see that the only thing in this world people have to hold on to is fear.

How is it weakness? Like I said in my post above, if you don't believe in a greater power and someone claims they do something with the faith in said greater power that you feel doesn't exist, ultimately they did it themselves then.

Elbow
04-05-2010, 09:04 AM

So religion is for the weak?

Dietcoke
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/1035298/christians-nail-themselves-to-cross

5speed
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I find it funny, but it is a good thing I guess. I think it is stupid that it takes religion to stop doing what harms you, and reflects negative of you.

Kevykev
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
funny 'weird' or funny 'haha'

blaknoize
04-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Paul did mention weak in the right manner. I dont require or need a religious superpower to put down a smoke, or stop drinking or stop eating high fat food. I also do not need religion to make sensible decisions in life or to help balance my check-book.

I do believe that there is a higher-power beyond our Government, but I dont dwell in it or rely upon it. My family (mainly my Aunt and Grandma) are deep in it (maybe due to the black community needing it and racial tention from the day) but I havent found it necessary to pray and preach and ask for assistance and/or direction when it comes to life decisions.

But nevertheless, I am a firm believer in one solid message ground into me and my spririt from childhood. As quoted by all whom worship the LORD: "When Praises Go Up, Blessings Come Down..." I've seen it occur randomly in some instances to others and even in myself when I do ask. Someone or something is up-out there, or its just you convincing yourself and making it happen.
Kinda like when Bugs gave Daffy that energy water in Space Jam (if u watched it) and he did his thing on the court.