PDA

View Full Version : Skunk 2 Intake Manifold

Motivation
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I need suggestions on installing a Skunk 2 intake manifold onto an H22A in a Del Sol. We have everything swapped over to the new manifold, but, when it is in place, it is touching the hard lines for the brake. Also, that is with out the IACV installed, yet. Which goes on the back of the manifold, therefore, taking up more room. We have taken out the motor mounts and tried tilting the motor to install. I just need some more clearance between the manifold and firewall. Are there anyways that would make instaling this easier? Possible having the motor sit a little tilted towards the front so it will miss the brake lines? I've heard I had to beat the firewall in more. But, trying to avoid this due to the fact of the brake lines being there... Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Motivation
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
hmmmm.... ?

blown_ss
04-04-2010, 09:11 PM
dude my buddy has one installed in his 92 prelude and there is maybe 1" between the manifold and the firewall. all i can think of is try to move your hard lines but that will take some work. check out honda-tech, im sure someone has done it.

punkr6
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
best bet is to move the lines, if you wanna stick to the skunk2 manny........

Motivation
04-04-2010, 10:10 PM
dude my buddy has one installed in his 92 prelude and there is maybe 1" between the manifold and the firewall. all i can think of is try to move your hard lines but that will take some work. check out honda-tech, im sure someone has done it.

Yeah, but the h22 fits a little easier in the prelude than it does a del sol.

Yeah, I am going to look for some write ups tomorrow. Just was going to see if anyone on here has done it.

I'll probably have to move all the lines it looks like. :-/

Tech5
04-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Your going to have to beat the firewall in and or move the lines ....simple easy and you can make it look really good if you take your time.... its not the skunk2 fault as your putting this in a car that it was not designed for... I have done mannnny of these in your car, civics, integras