PDA

View Full Version : computer question

EJdm
04-03-2010, 08:54 AM
i now bought 2 virus protection but like every week or so when i turn on the computer its telling me i have virus??? but both virus protection doesnt scan anything...all the time when it pops up virus detected its a different brand asking me to buy for full protection...its making me not able to open up firefox...so guys the questions is WTF is going on???

Just_CHill
04-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Sounds like you have a virus... Might need to salvage all the data you can (pictures, music, documents,) and restore your system to the factory image.

91LudeSiT
04-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds like you have a virus... Might need to salvage all the data you can (pictures, music, documents,) and restore your system to the factory image.

ROFL you obviously know nothing. OP you need a decent virus protection, I recommend avast since it is free. Make sure you run the full scan to find what is causing your issue..

EJdm
04-04-2010, 08:19 AM
i bought a 6month protection vista antimalware and then a 1yr antivirus soft pro...both scan nothing....but now its show that i keep having virus like every 1-2 days and now i cant open firefox and only internet explorer...

91LudeSiT
04-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Ok man, both of those ARE malware in themselves. If you paid for them you should report it to your credit card company and get your money back. You need an antivirus from a reputable company, again I suggest avast since they have a free subscription.

Here are a couple of links you should check out:
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-internet-antivirus-pro.html

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-vista-antimalware-2010.html

Just_CHill
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
ROFL you obviously know nothing. OP you need a decent virus protection, I recommend avast since it is free. Make sure you run the full scan to find what is causing your issue..

:cry:

More than one way to skin a cat. Might not be the best way but I bet you it would solve his problem. Save the time and hassle of trying to find the "perfect" virus scanner to find his problem. Unless he is an advanced user, most likely he's not going to find everything that's being fukked by this virus even if the virus scan find a file or two that has been infected. But hey, I could be wrong and your little program might work. Either way, OP good luck with solving your issue. Also if you do choose to restore you computer to the factory image, make sure the first thing you put back on your computer is a good virus scanner and spyware/maleware scanner.

Ed
04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
it's awesome how some people fall for those malware ads.

my mom almost bought it. I would've punched her in the face if she did.

guinness
04-07-2010, 07:15 PM
This is my advice on the situation. You need a "program" that doesn't run off the frame of the system, as in from a USB. If I was you, I would go to Google, type in Stinger, and download the free scanner to your USB flash drive. Keep in mind that you need to download it from a different computer because it sounds like the virus you have on your computer is blocking all scanner .exe from running. This was what the last major Microsoft virus build did and caused so many problems for so many people. Once you have it on your USB, just run it from there and let it do it's thing. I use the Stinger on a lot of machines at my company that people come up to me, when I'm there, with problems similar to yours. That is imo your first, easiest, and best option for at least making some head room with your issue. Good luck with it.