PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my 'Rolla. Need a pointers now.

driftyboy
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Title says it all.

Few things I need to find out:

I cut the front springs 2 full coils, and now i have the dreaded ricer bounce (seeing as I have like half an inch of travel now), so I was wondering if you can do the short-stroke shock conversion like on AE86s. And if you can, what shocks should i get?

What's the best way to lower leaf springs in the rear? Put it on blocks and call it a day?

Any lastly, I'm lookin' for a set of fender flares. I've seen them mostly on TE27 Corollas, but I've also heard ZG fender flares fit. So just wondering the best fit for my baby.

Thanks guys!

quickdodgeŽ
03-31-2010, 03:43 AM
I cut the front springs 2 full coils, and now i have the dreaded ricer bounce

That's why I only heat and not cut.

Glad to see you're keeping this car. Other than that, sorry I can't help. Later, QD.

Glides
03-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Yea, shoulda heated them.

The perfect person to speak to on flares would be either John at GZ or Eddie at....well...at Eddie. Eddie is just everywhere.

It's a good idea to keep it, good gas mileage, great shape and it's a cool car.

quickdodgeŽ
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
www.eddie.com

Lolol. Later, QD.

91ma70
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
blocks on the rear, you can probably use mr2 front shocks.

mushroom_toy
03-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Extendable tophats for the front struts?

roscoe
03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
good call keeping it! love the corolla

tdurr
04-01-2010, 12:04 AM
best bet would be to give me the car! haha
but short you can get any GOOD brandname strut short stroked from a mfg(if they bother with performance) and tell them what you want.

and extended top hats would do work if u just wanted stock struts.

puregroove
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Yea, shoulda heated them.

The perfect person to speak to on flares would be either John at GZ or Eddie at....well...at Eddie. Eddie is just everywhere.

It's a good idea to keep it, good gas mileage, great shape and it's a cool car.

:goodjob: I run ae86 coilovers on the te31.. :yes:

Dolemite
04-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Use MR2 inserts, any brand will do to make the ride better, Use 2 inch blocks, in the rear cause when you go to 3 inch you usually have some pinion angle issues on bumps, And dude im sorry I did not check here befor friday i would have told you all this in person and probably had some extra blocks you could have had.

driftyboy
04-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Use MR2 inserts, any brand will do to make the ride better, Use 2 inch blocks, in the rear cause when you go to 3 inch you usually have some pinion angle issues on bumps, And dude im sorry I did not check here befor friday i would have told you all this in person and probably had some extra blocks you could have had.

Lol it's cool man. I made custom 2" blocks out of 2x2 square tubing, so the rear is already lowered.

Dolemite
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I noticed on friday, I knew there was some reason that the car looked so much better, btw I got some springs you could throw in to make the front ride better, I will sell them to you for a great price!(should have told you about that on friday as well sorry)