PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ CV axle boot need help

singhondeck
03-30-2010, 07:35 PM
So i was doing a oil change today and i saw this, my drivers side boot is leaking, the fluid is stuck all across that side.

Whats the best way to get this fixed, what does this boot do? Does it jus protect whats inside?
Please help me out, id really appreciate it

The Power steering fluid level is normal

Picss
Drivers Side-Broken
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/ahuja_gur/1999%20Nissan%20Altima%20GXE/Image002.jpg
Passenger Side-Not leaking
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/ahuja_gur/Image001.jpg

SLow_POke
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
that is you cv boot, and has a tear in it. tghe boot keeps the grease in that the cv joints need, once u start running out of greas its going to wear those joints and then you will start hearing a clicking sound while turning.

I believe an auto parts store sells the boots you will just ned a mechanic to install it.

punkr6
03-30-2010, 08:33 PM
that is you cv boot, and has a tear in it. tghe boot keeps the grease in that the cv joints need, once u start running out of greas its going to wear those joints and then you will start hearing a clicking sound while turning.

I believe an auto parts store sells the boots you will just ned a mechanic to install it.

yea, you can buy just the boots, but if it's clicking, go ahead and replace the axel. It will come with a new boot...

singhondeck
03-30-2010, 08:48 PM
its not clicking rite now, so i know it happened recently...but i talked to a mechanic, he said he'll replace the axle+boot=150 bucks, but i dont wanna spend that much money, but he was saying that either way labor is gna be same..FUCKKK

ANYONE KNOWS a place where they'll jus replace the boot itself +grease inside it

SLow_POke
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
naw man i mean he could prob do it. but it is less messy for him to just replce the whole axle. i dont think u will find anywhere cheaper unless it is someone u know that will hook u up.

DirtyMechanic
03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
altima right. less than 50 for the boot and shouldnt be more than 2.5 hours for labor. now those altima boots are quite easy. so if you take it to... a small shop they should because able to do it within a hour or so... i dont know where you are but i would take it to friends auto off pleasant hill. ask for James. i worked with him. and he knows the nissans for sure like me. im sure he can do it quick and cheap for you.

Barefoot
03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
its not clicking rite now, so i know it happened recently...but i talked to a mechanic, he said he'll replace the axle+boot=150 bucks, but i dont wanna spend that much money, but he was saying that either way labor is gna be same..FUCKKK

ANYONE KNOWS a place where they'll jus replace the boot itself +grease inside it
so he is saying axle and boot 150 not including labor.

Theycall_Metue
03-30-2010, 10:19 PM
The Power steering fluid level is normal
sorry but this just cracks me up

but i talked to a mechanic, he said he'll replace the axle+boot=150 bucks
f that
auto zone/advance auto zone/o'reilly
you can probably get a new/refurbish one for around 50-90 bucks and takes less than 30min to replace

dont forget, they are lifetime warranty, which is +++++++++++++++++++++

oh and i meant the whole half shaft aka axle, not boot

singhondeck
03-30-2010, 11:52 PM
this place is called buis auto repair on cruse rd, he said hell rpelace the lhalf the axle for 150 including labor

singhondeck
03-30-2010, 11:54 PM
altima right. less than 50 for the boot and shouldnt be more than 2.5 hours for labor. now those altima boots are quite easy. so if you take it to... a small shop they should because able to do it within a hour or so... i dont know where you are but i would take it to friends auto off pleasant hill. ask for James. i worked with him. and he knows the nissans for sure like me. im sure he can do it quick and cheap for you.

yo what place is this, lemme know man wud be greatly appreciated..i chekd online the boot itslef w/ grease pack is 15 bucks..loll

Barefoot
03-31-2010, 06:55 AM
this place is called buis auto repair on cruse rd, he said hell rpelace the lhalf the axle for 150 including labor

it includes labor its a far good price. i would have charged the same.