PDA

View Full Version : Early nights are great...

quickdodgeŽ
03-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Nothing like making a quick run to Columbia, SC and back and being home 4 hours early.

The pay staying the same doesn't hurt, either.

Pretty soon, though, I won't be able to make these quick and easy runs as I will be heading over to the day shift. Later, QD.

5speed
03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Good timing. Day shift does suck. I couldn't stand driving that long in that vehicle even thought its not that far.

SlowEG9
03-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Who do you drive for?

quickdodgeŽ
03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Good timing. Day shift does suck. I couldn't stand driving that long in that vehicle even thought its not that far.

The day shift position is what I want, man. I want to be off at night to be home with the family. Columbia isn't the farthest I go. It's crazy. And it can be tough to drive long distances. Some nights are easier than others.

Who do you drive for?

I'd rather not mention, sir. Later, QD.

SlowEG9
03-30-2010, 12:19 AM
The day shift position is what I want, man. I want to be off at night to be home with the family. Columbia isn't the farthest I go. It's crazy. And it can be tough to drive long distances. Some nights are easier than others.

No problem. My dads been a driver forever and night runs are where its at.

quickdodgeŽ
03-30-2010, 12:21 AM
^^^ I hate it. It's really hard for me to stay awake at night and sleep in the day. So for me, it's day running that I prefer. I do make a little more money running nights, but I'll take that loss to be home instead. Later, QD.

5speed
03-30-2010, 12:22 AM

Yeah, I understand. The traffic part is what would bother me. I am also nocturnal, lol. That will be changing soon since I have a job to start soon.

SlowEG9
03-30-2010, 12:25 AM
^^^ I hate it. It's really hard for me to stay awake at night and sleep in the day. So for me, it's day running that I prefer. I do make a little more money running nights, but I'll take that loss to be home instead. Later, QD.

Props to you either way cause I know at night i would get road drone and not be able to keep it between the lines and traffic would piss me off too much to do daytime

tdurr
03-30-2010, 12:40 AM
im a night guy. as long as i got my sleep at some point i could drive all night! haha

hope u get the day shifts like u want qd. that way u can make it to meets that are in late in the day/night

Echonova
03-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Congrats on making it back to the day shift. I'm in B'ham, AL right now... Everything that bad that has ever happened to me on a job has happened in this God-forsaken town. Been shot at, had a knife pulled on me twice, now I'm stuck here overnight.

FML

quickdodgeŽ
03-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Props to you either way cause I know at night i would get road drone and not be able to keep it between the lines and traffic would piss me off too much to do daytime

Thanks. I would much rather deal with traffic than drowsiness. The only real cure for drowsiness is sleep and when I sleep, I lose money. And there's too much of it for me to give it up.

im a night guy. as long as i got my sleep at some point i could drive all night! haha

hope u get the day shifts like u want qd. that way u can make it to meets that are in late in the day/night

Drive all night? You say that now because you don't have to. The drone of the engine coupled with the vibrations in the cab will put you to sleep in minutes. Not to mention going through stretches of road where there are nothing but trees all around. Makes for a very long evening. Yeah, now that my car is really coming along, I'd like to make some meets. Later, QD.

Echonova
03-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Congrats on making it back to the day shift. I'm in B'ham, AL right now... Everything that bad that has ever happened to me on a job has happened in this God-forsaken town. Been shot at, had a knife pulled on me twice, now I'm stuck here overnight.

FMLBTW: I never lost any money and/or anal tightness over previously mentioned bad things. Just hated the police investigations afterwards. They are so invasive.

5speed
03-30-2010, 01:17 AM
BTW: I never lost any money and/or anal tightness over previously mentioned bad things. Just hated the police investigations afterwards. They are so invasive.

ha, I have been there a lot and had people try to pull some shit on me. I am usually with a large group there, so I don't have to really worry about anything. Plus, I am used to it. ATL hoe lol

Echonova
03-30-2010, 01:21 AM
ha, I have been there a lot and had people try to pull some shit on me. I am usually with a large group there, so I don't have to really worry about anything. Plus, I am used to it. ATL hoe lolI used to be not such a nice guy.

But I'm much better now.

In my old days if you came at me with a knife it earned you free travel points on your trip to the ER.

Nowadays, I'll just give you my wallet. It's not worth the trouble.

Elbow
03-30-2010, 10:04 AM
This is the WL not your Blog oldie.

Echonova
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
This is the WL not your Blog oldie.I heard they was blogging in here.

Elbow
03-30-2010, 10:25 AM
I heard they was blogging in here.

LOL. Fucker.

quickdodgeŽ
03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
This is the WL not your Blog oldie.

Very cool. I'll remember this post when I'm ready to start blogging. Later, QD.

YoTa_BoX
03-31-2010, 08:07 AM
For me, Id rather drive nights. Iv always been a night time person, plus coupled with the fact its nearly impossible for me to go to sleep while in a vehicle, unless iv been up for like 2-3 days straight, even then I will prob wait until we stop moving to even think about sleep. My mind is on constant alert as to what is around me, and is racing too much to even think about sleep. I know iv never done it before, and cant say for sure 100% i know im correct. But I know id much rather take night shift if i were driving.

At any rate, I def hope you get to spend more time with your family man.

quickdodgeŽ
03-31-2010, 10:07 AM
I know iv never done it before, and cant say for sure 100% i know im correct.

Like I said above, you never know. It's a lot different than you think. But that's not to say that you would make a good night driver. There are several variables that change heavily from driving a car to an 18-wheeler.

Thank, I'm looking forward to getting back to working days. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
QD, I saw a decal/sticker on an 18 wheeler today that said 1 million mile safe driver..do you have one yet?

quickdodgeŽ
03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Not even close. I'm hovering around 200,000. Being a "local" driver, it will take me longer to reach that mark. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I see. Interesting. That is still a lot of miles..I really don't know how you do it!

quickdodgeŽ
04-01-2010, 03:58 AM
..I really don't know how you do it!

The pay is quite nice. That's a good motivator. Later, QD.