PDA

View Full Version : Religion Judas Iscariot

ISAtlanta300
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
In the spirit of Holy Week, a question.

Would Judas Iscariot be in heaven or hell?

Discussion point 1: He betrayed Jesus, so he may be in hell

Discussion point 2: Yes, but he also 'fulfilled' the prophecy. He was a necessary tool. If he hadn't done it, Jesus would not have died for our sins. So he may be in heaven.

So which one is it? Would he be punished by doing "God's will"? For doing something that was pre-destined?

Or woudl he be rewarded for it?

StreetHazard
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Discussion point 3: There is no heaven or hell. And Judas is a myth

ISAtlanta300
03-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Discussion point 3: There is no heaven or hell. And Judas is a myth

Maybe, but I am just curious on what some of the answers may be.............

5speed
03-30-2010, 12:54 AM
I am not sure. That is all.

geoff
03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
this is a good question. i don't think judas was condemned for betraying Jesus. His sin would of been forgiven when Jesus died on the cross. He went to hell because he committed suicide. He felt bad and felt sorry. all he had to do was ask for forgiveness.

Vteckidd
03-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Option 4: Hes partying with Biggie an Tupac

MR2DR
03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
I actually wrote a paper concerning Judas and his role a couple of years back. To answer your question though, only God knows.

I mean it can be argued that he hung himself/his inner splattered all over the fields and thus he went straight to hell. But it also be argued that he repented right before dying.

Here's a question for you: Who betrayed Jesus more: Judas or Peter?

StreetHazard
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I actually wrote a paper concerning Judas and his role a couple of years back. To answer your question though, only God knows.

I mean it can be argued that he hung himself/his inner splattered all over the fields and thus he went straight to hell. But it also be argued that he repented right before dying.

Here's a question for you: Who betrayed Jesus more: Judas or Peter?

*yawn*

can't, not gunna, don't wanna

geoff
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Well Judas could not repent for committing suicide. Yes he repent for betraying the Lord but the fact still remains that he took his own life and even after the ascencion of Jesus, Judas' name is still looked down on. And as far as your question of who betrayed Jesus more, the answer is that they all denied Him. No one went and stayed by his side. Just as His closest followers denied Him and turned away, we today do the same. God help us.

ueyedgr8tness
04-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Well Judas could not repent for committing suicide. Yes he repent for betraying the Lord but the fact still remains that he took his own life and even after the ascencion of Jesus, Judas' name is still looked down on. And as far as your question of who betrayed Jesus more, the answer is that they all denied Him. No one went and stayed by his side. Just as His closest followers denied Him and turned away, we today do the same. God help us.

u sir or correct:)