PDA

View Full Version : 2005 volvo xc90 AWD - driver heat stays on/driver seat heater doesnt work

Schugg
03-29-2010, 01:37 PM
my aunt is visiting my parents and im here visiting too, she was telling me even when she has the AC on the passenger side will blow cold air, but her side will still blow heat. i know nothing about volvos so i checked the fuses in the engine bay and didnt see any probs. she does not have her owner manual so i cant check the ones under the dash.

she also said the driver side seat heater no longer works. seen something on the internet about a relay under it but i couldnt find one.

anyone have any ideas on what it could be, or where i could get the info from the owners manual on the internet?

5speed
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
If there is a library near you go there and find a guide for it. Just take a picture of the fuse layout and all on you cell phone. Libraries around here have alot of guides/manuals for various types of vehicles.

EDIT: I see you are from Conyers lol

Schugg
03-29-2010, 01:56 PM
haha i dont even remember where i library is, but ill go check. going to look online real quick to see if there is any downloadable ones. how long you been in conyers? i know you?

Barefoot
03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
i had a volvo last season with the same problem. the actuator that controls the vents needed to be recalibrated at the dealer. there was 2 of them i believe.

DVSRX-7
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Bare feet got it

Barefoot
03-29-2010, 09:33 PM
there is a TSB about it someplace online.

Schugg
04-01-2010, 11:56 AM
she took it to volvo and they came up with the ac on the driver side vent wouldnt blow cold because the seat heaters had something wrong with them. and by unplugging the seat heaters it fixed the ac, but she has to deal with no seat heaters. haha kinda weird

Barefoot
04-01-2010, 01:04 PM
That's wierd can't say I've ever seen that. I will add that to my list.