PDA

View Full Version : Sales guys....

Nemesis
03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Does anyone else really dislike the majority of them? No matter where Ive worked, in Telecom, in I.T, etc, Ive ran into sales guys, and everytime Ive met them the majority seem like they never left college.

- They feel like going out with their "buds" to get drunk is the totally awesome thing to do on a weeknight and come to work hungover

- They want the latest and greatest in electronics but dont know a flying fuck on how to use them

- They want to appear like they're rich as fuck but really are broke asses because of how much booze they buy

- The majority of them are single, they talk about fucking women all the time and brag about shit, but you know they cant keep a stable relationship to save their sad middle aged lives.

I dont know maybe its just me. Im a friends with a couple of them but damn if most of them arent the biggest douches ever!

Me86Rob
03-29-2010, 12:04 PM
True story?

punkr6
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
True story?

Co-Sign...

e30pwr
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
sounds like you have only met those fresh out of school. all the ones I have met through my dad's many years in telecom have been pretty humble people.

Nemesis
03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
sounds like you have only met those fresh out of school. all the ones I have met through my dad's many years in telecom have been pretty humble people.

Nope, the ones Ive met have been selling 8+ years, some as long as 15. Not fresh out of school either at the age of 35ish.

Gotta remember, meeting them and working around them are totally different. You dont get to hear "water cooler" talk, and see the dumb ass office shenanigans.

e30pwr
03-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Nope, the ones Ive met have been selling 8+ years, some as long as 15. Not fresh out of school either at the age of 35ish.

Gotta remember, meeting them and working around them are totally different. You dont get to hear "water cooler" talk, and see the dumb ass office shenanigans.

good point. hell my dad's turning 50 here in a month and the majority of the guys he has worked with have been 45+. They'll wise up real quick, who are you working for that you have to deal with these?

Nemesis
03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
good point. hell my dad's turning 50 here in a month and the majority of the guys he has worked with have been 45+. They'll wise up real quick, who are you working for that you have to deal with these?

Well not necessarily in the company I work for, but coming from a few different professions.

e30pwr
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Well not necessarily in the company I work for, but coming from a few different professions.

From what my dad and a few other older guys that I've talked to a couple times most of those "young fish" will burn out pretty quickly and sometimes just run through jobs like water.

Bajjani
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Define "sales guys"
If I see my sales team in the office, they better be doing paperwork on a job they sold otherwise they're not doing their fucking job.

ct9a gsr
03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I sell stuff...
I'm a guy...
I rarely drink...
I don't appear to be rich (I think)... nor am I poor...
I never talk about my sex life...

Does that mean I win? =D

Echonova
03-29-2010, 02:49 PM
I sell stuff...
I'm a guy...
I rarely drink...
I don't appear to be rich (I think)... nor am I poor...
I never talk about my sex life...

Does that mean I win? =DYou win respect... To some people that's more important.

Elbow
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Most of what is said in here is true.

TSiFTW
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
That is the typical salesmans attitude. I'm not defending them but keep in mind what it takes to be a good salesman. Bullshitting, small talk, good people person, and pushy, now transfer that over to their lives. Most salesmen are loud, obnoxious, annoying, and full of shit, but it is those qualities that make them good at their job.

Gorilla Eg!
03-29-2010, 03:53 PM
been in sales since I was 17, its true my friend, MOST sales guys dont know a damn thing about respect OR customer service, but any of them that actually want to do well in this job eventually find out that good customer service and respecting the customer is the ONLY way to set yourself apart from every other jo blow and get repeat/referrals, and that is the best way to make money....Dan

Mantooth
03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I, personally, don't know ONE salesman that I give two shits about. All the ones I've been "friends" with or associated with have been complete pieces of shit.