PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Just Cause 2

Vteckidd
03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
So this game came out tuesday, and almost no place i went to besides a gamestop at town center mall was even promoting it or even had it listed as a "new release".

I never played the first Just Cause, this one was getting decent reviews so after beating GOW3 and basically we have a lull before then next batch of games come out, i decided to give it a try.

So far, its pretty fun. The environment is over 400 square miles on an island called Panau. So far ive experienced rain, sunshine, nighttime but there are moutains in the distance with snow on them that i havent traveled to yet. Its basically a Grand Theft Auto game with tons of weapons and cool vehicles.

It can be tedious traveling from one way point to another because of the dense jungle. I find helicopters make the traveling much easier. If you are 5-6KM away and are on foot nowhere near a road, good luck lol. The missions are pretty straight forward, semi Grand Theft Auto no real breakthroughs here. Basically kill whatever baddie you come across or steal/disarm/destroy whatever item they pick for you at that level. You gain point for destroying your environment which leads to opening up other worlds and missions.

The most fun i will say though is the grappling hook they give you. Endless possibilities result from its use. you can shoot a line to the hood of a jeep and then to the ground making the jeep flip in the air (Dark knight style). You can lasso a bad guy to a ceiling, a passenger off a motorcycle, climb thousands of feet in the air on the side of a building, etc etc etc

Much like just causing destruction in Grand Theft AUto makes for the most fun, the grappling hook and the different vehicles make for the most fun in Just Cause 2.

If you like Grand Theft Auto style environments and missions, mixed with a little more military style theme, youll enjoy this game.

I heard it is also in the neighborhood of 60-80 hours of gameplay so it will keep you busy until SPlinter Cell Conviction or any other of the April games come out

The Ninja
03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Thank-you for the review. :goodjob:

You on XBL?

AlanŽ
03-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Thank-you for the review. :goodjob:

You on XBL?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVPqruhfJA

I am gonna go pick this up today now just cause i watched this vid