PDA

View Full Version : HID Question

MINI
03-28-2010, 04:09 PM
I purchased a HID kit for my car. The kit is of pretty nice quality and was very simple to install. BUT...:cry:

I ordered purple (no homo) but they are no where near the color purple, more like a baby blue and I hate it. The kit was labeled all over that it was purple. :dunno:

Can anyone tell me what's up or should I send them back because I want purple, NOT BABY BLUE

:cheers: Thanks guys

Bacon
03-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Send them back and exchange them. Out of curiosity, why would you want purple?

Zhu
03-28-2010, 04:17 PM
If I remember correctly I think he has Purple underglow, or something along those lines. So he's probably trying to complement them.

MINI
03-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Send them back and exchange them. Out of curiosity, why would you want purple?

Idk purple just looks good with my Coop. Plus with the higher K there is less output of light so not blinding the oncoming traffic. But the way my headlights are made, the light only goes about 20 feet then stops lol

MINI
03-28-2010, 04:18 PM
If I remember correctly I think he has Purple underglow, or something along those lines. So he's probably trying to complement them.

Yep, I use to, don't have them anymore.

VickNotic
03-28-2010, 04:30 PM
you should have got'm them from IA sponser and you woulnd't have to send htem back etc. but HID are HID and for the blinding others while driving. it would be a nono fo ryou when driving through rain cause you wont see shiEtt I like my 6000k and it's great but hope you get what you wanted

Bacon
03-28-2010, 04:36 PM
You are right about the less output to not blind oncoming traffic but then you have less usable light for riding at night.

MINI
03-28-2010, 04:47 PM
You are right about the less output to not blind oncoming traffic but then you have less usable light for riding at night.

My low beams are pretty much worthless no matter what type of bulb I put in them.

NEW PROBLEM:

They are fine and produce constant light with the lights on and the car not cranked, but when the vehicle is running the lights flicker.

I'm about to say fuck this shit..

tK FuRy
03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I think you got 8000K instead of 10/12000K

MINI
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I think you got 8000K instead of 10/12000K

The box was clearly labeled and so were the bulbs. I'm getting angry lol

Bacon
03-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Did you install them and let them warm up? usually have to do a 10 minute break in or so.

MINI
03-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Did you install them and let them warm up? usually have to do a 10 minute break in or so.

That's what I have been trying to figure out. I will try this.

Side note, I emailed the people about my problems. I probably need a relay to fix the flickering problem because its a BMW/MINI. But the color bugs me soooo bad.

tK FuRy
03-28-2010, 10:37 PM
think about this, cops won't yank you for having illegal headlights.

preferredduck
03-28-2010, 10:43 PM
you should have got'm them from IA sponser and you woulnd't have to send htem back etc. but HID are HID and for the blinding others while driving. it would be a nono fo ryou when driving through rain cause you wont see shiEtt I like my 6000k and it's great but hope you get what you wanted

amen i have a 6k and originally wanted the more blue 8k but i'm glad i got the 6k because visibility in at night in the rain is great with what i have, it's the closest you can get to artificial sunlight.

Bacon
03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
think about this, cops won't yank you for having illegal headlights.

wut? purple isn't very legal.

tK FuRy
03-29-2010, 09:11 AM
wut? purple isn't very legal.

I'm saying that since his light aren't purple like he wanted, he won't have to worry about cops hassling him because he has 10/12+K headlights.

Actually I should have stated my sentence as "think about this, at least cops won't pull you over for having illegal headlights now."

G.C
03-29-2010, 09:54 AM

shutup please. If you have projectors, and aimed right i wont blind anyone

G.C
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
That's what I have been trying to figure out. I will try this.

Side note, I emailed the people about my problems. I probably need a relay to fix the flickering problem because its a BMW/MINI. But the color bugs me soooo bad.

you just got a shitty quality hid kit.

marcos713
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
i say send them back and get a set from Dynamic Sound ( one of our site sponcers)
my friend bought purple 1s and the ended up looking like a light pink so he went and exchanged them for another color

DynamicSound
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
My low beams are pretty much worthless no matter what type of bulb I put in them.

NEW PROBLEM:

They are fine and produce constant light with the lights on and the car not cranked, but when the vehicle is running the lights flicker.

I'm about to say fuck this shit..

You need a canceller kit for all Mini's. The factory Canbus system kicks in when the vehicle is running. The flickering you are seeing the the vehicle's CPU turning power on and off.

Patterson
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
You need a canceller kit for all Mini's. The factory Canbus system kicks in when the vehicle is running. The flickering you are seeing the the vehicle's CPU turning power on and off.

Great info right there. why site sponser is the way to go. :goodjob: