PDA

View Full Version : References

Slomaro Z28
03-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Just wondering if we could start a reference system for new members:thinking: If they don't have 3 good references they can't sign up. The new member section has more FS threads than the Flea Market here lately.:screwy:

Example:

Same guy....both threads

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?284546-whats-sup-new-member-to-ia-but-been-on-here-b4

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?284564-210whp-h22-omin-power-skunk2-6500-obo

loverboy_gnd
03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
i think it may be better if a mod is assigned to monitor the new member section and enforce the rules a bit, you have to take in consideration some people who come across the website may have just moved to atlanta.. or just curious about the scene, so they may not know anyone they can use as a reference, and i think they deserve the opportunity to check here out jus as much as someone who knows people. jus my:2cents:

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Put a hold on new members. Bandwidth is getting too small for the newbs.

Slomaro Z28
03-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Probably your .02 because of your join date, lol. But yeah wouldn't hurt to have another mod or 2 in there.

5speed
03-27-2010, 10:22 PM
like this lol http://bippu.com/

Probably your .02 because of your join date, lol. But yeah wouldn't hurt to have another mod or 2 in there.

Will Mod for Reps lol

Slomaro Z28
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Put a hold on new members. Bandwidth is getting too small for the newbs.

I agree, even after they can post elsewhere it's stupid shit.

like this lol http://bippu.com/

Will Mod for Reps lol

I PM'd Paul and asked if I could do that section......no response though.

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Half of them come here trying to sell stuff first. I think they should be limited to certain sections up until a specific post count. on 240atlanta, you can't see certain things or go to certain pages until after a set post count.

Slomaro Z28
03-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Half of them come here trying to sell stuff first. I think they should be limited to certain sections up until a specific post count. on 240atlanta, you can't see certain things or go to certain pages until after a set post count.

That's how it is here now too......That's why they post it in the New Member section. I personally am not going to buy something off here unless the person has been on here for a while and is a reputable member.

I mean post your shit on Craigslist, Ebay, or Autotrader.

loverboy_gnd
03-27-2010, 10:33 PM
its not about ma post date i agree with the person who said lock the section un til you build up post count that sounds more logical than lettting people in by who you know

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:34 PM
And half the newbs that put "JDM" in their name and drive....oh i don't know....a PROBE give the true JDM enthusiasts a headache.

loverboy_gnd
03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
And half the newbs that put "JDM" in their name and drive....oh i don't know....a PROBE give the true JDM enthusiasts a headache.

looooool i see what you did theeeeeeere

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
:ninja:

Slomaro Z28
03-27-2010, 10:40 PM

LOL, like the guy with SVT in his name and a big H as his avatar or the guy with Z28 in his name driving a civic......oh wait :ninja:

its not about ma post date i agree with the person who said lock the section un til you build up post count that sounds more logical than lettting people in by who you know

The section is locked, or it was. Either pay $10 or get your post count up. I'm just ranting, I know we can't do it by reference :cheers:

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Rants are good for your health. I still own the SVT but bought my Del Sol today. Name is old. I'm waiting on the name change to go through.

Slomaro Z28
03-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Rants are good for your health. I still own the SVT but bought my Del Sol today. Name is old. I'm waiting on the name change to go through.

My Z is gone, but I figured I wouldn't worry with a name change.

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:50 PM
I figured I would try to have it changed to something non-automotive so I won't have to change it again if I ever get a new car.

loverboy_gnd
03-27-2010, 10:52 PM
^^ yh kinda y i went with loverboy_gnd, and not Lancer_Gtr or accord guy or sumn

Bacon
03-27-2010, 10:59 PM
My name only stems from the time when there were three SVTs on our family.

Back On Topic: ban newbs.

Slomaro Z28
03-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Both threads in my OP were deleted.

EG_Ryder
03-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I figured I would try to have it changed to something non-automotive so I won't have to change it again if I ever get a new car.

why do you say that like you're not going to sell the del sol in a couple of months lol

Bacon
03-28-2010, 04:19 PM
The Del Sol is staying. The 240 just wasn't in very good condition.

00 blk G20t
03-28-2010, 09:50 PM
That's how it is here now too......That's why they post it in the New Member section. I personally am not going to buy something off here unless the person has been on here for a while and is a reputable member.

I mean post your shit on Craigslist, Ebay, or Autotrader.

whats wrong with people trying to sell parts? i know that there's parts i'm looking for that i wish people would post up for sale. you can take me for a perfect example......i have been in the import scene for way over 10yrs now. why am i just now joining import atlanta you ask? i never needed to buy/sell used parts. i didnt want other people knowing what my cars had etc. (all things you worry about when you drive a hondas) for the record everything i have sold,every transaction could not be more perfect. Its a win/win situation each time.....the person gets the part they are looking for and i get rid of a part i dont intend to use. thats what makes this forum revolve round and round.....for every coilovers FS thread there is a hey" look at my drop" thread......

now the people that cant post in the right section......i dont know what to say about them....:thinking:

but i will say to all the people with 2007 join date that think they are hot shit......dont assume just because someones join date is 2010 that they are a "noob" to the import scene or even the import scene in atlanta for that matter.(ive been in ATL for 16 yrs now)

Echonova
03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
whats wrong with people trying to sell parts? i know that there's parts i'm looking for that i wish people would post up for sale. you can take me for a perfect example......i have been in the import scene for way over 10yrs now. why am i just now joining import atlanta you ask? i never needed to buy/sell used parts. i didnt want other people knowing what my cars had etc. (all things you worry about when you drive a hondas) for the record everything i have sold,every transaction could not be more perfect. Its a win/win situation each time.....the person gets the part they are looking for and i get rid of a part i dont intend to use. thats what makes this forum revolve round and round.....for every coilovers FS thread there is a hey" look at my drop" thread......

now the people that cant post in the right section......i dont know what to say about them....:thinking:

but i will say to all the people with 2007 join date that think they are hot shit......dont assume just because someones join date is 2010 that they are a "noob" to the import scene or even the import scene in atlanta for that matter.(ive been in ATL for 16 yrs now)While you make good points, why should IA let you come on this site and hock your goods while not participating in anyway with the site. You want free listings just because you've "been in the game"... Go to Craigslist.

But to anwser the question, the new 4.0 version is supposed automatically prevent you from posting in the FS section if you don't meet the requirements once the bugs get worked out. Be patient. Paul's a busy man.

Mantooth
03-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Fuck you, and the horse you rode in on, bish.:tongue1:

00 blk G20t
03-29-2010, 12:36 AM
The FLEA MARKET is FREE for our "Regular Members".
Our regular members have been on Importatlanta.com for a certain period of time and have meet certain status and are able to use our forum for FREE.

what is the period of time? what does status mean in internet talk?not banned?

in no shape or form am i trying to bash import atlanta....just trying to understand the rules more i guess.......seems like there is alot of competition to sell the same parts going on....i have had people(not naming names) neg rep me for starting individual sale threads for all my items....but you know what?....everything i have posted has sold...

Slomaro Z28
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Fuck you, and the horse you rode in on, bish.:tongue1:

Not sure who you are talking about. But in no way am I including you in my rant, lol. :cheers:

The FLEA MARKET is FREE for our "Regular Members".
Our regular members have been on Importatlanta.com for a certain period of time and have meet certain status and are able to use our forum for FREE.

what is the period of time? what does status mean in internet talk?not banned?

in no shape or form am i trying to bash import atlanta....just trying to understand the rules more i guess.......seems like there is alot of competition to sell the same parts going on....i have had people(not naming names) neg rep me for starting individual sale threads for all my items....but you know what?....everything i have posted has sold...

I am not saying you shouldn't be able to sell your stuff. If you had read what I posted, it was people signing up and their first post is trying to sell crap in the NEW MEMBER Section. If all you want to do is sell your stuff and not introduce yourself and be a part of the site, then go to CL. I am not bashing on people for their join date or post count or even rep, just people who sign up only to make a buck. If they want to sell here then pay the $10 or be a part of the site is all I am saying.

BTW you have parts I want and need, but I have to buy my kids easter and stuff first.:cheers:

Mantooth
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Not sure who you are talking about. But in no way am I including you in my rant, lol. :cheers:lol, I know. I just never get to use that line, and saw the perfect chance glistening in the distance..:cheers:

Slomaro Z28
03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
lol, I know. I just never get to use that line, and saw the perfect chance glistening in the distance..:cheers:

Got ya :goodjob: