PDA

View Full Version : the whole tattoo on the forearm/neck thing

tony
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm seeing a growing trend among adults working at mcdonalds, wendy's, and other dead end jobs lately, getting a visible tattoo on your neck or forearm where it would be hard to cover up. For people like Allen Iverson or P. Diddy I can understand because they are financially set but why in the hell does someone who depends on a paycheck do this? Is there a more obvious way to say I do not want a job where my appearance matters which would be 95% of the time?

I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm really curious about this.

PSINXS
11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
^agreed. same goes for those with multiple facial piercings, gold teeth, crazy hairdos/colors. If u dont look professional u wont get any professional money.

tony
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
But the thing is, you can change the crazy hair, piercings, etc. A tattoo is pretty much permanent, why the hell do you get something like "peachez" written on your damn neck? Especially when your name is on your uniform. It irritates me to no end that someone that dumb is handling my food.

1439/2000
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
But the thing is, you can change the crazy hair, piercings, etc. A tattoo is pretty much permanent, why the hell do you get something like "peachez" written on your damn neck? Especially when your name is on your uniform. It irritates me to no end that someone that dumb is handling my food.

Bubblez on your throat = "We're not hiring right now."

quickdodge®
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I have several tats on my forearms, but in my job, I can make very good money without worrying about it. I think the same way, though. Later, QD.

Kevykev
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Youthful Mistakes

02lx
11-02-2005, 09:14 PM
my tat, I think tats should mean something, to me it does not matter where you get it, but be mindfull of your field of work, and how you plan on being presieved through life. Like for me the tat on my back is the Jamaican coat of arms, and that means something to me, because that is who I am and where I am from, and being here is america and knowing that I am going to spend the rest of my life here, you want to never forget where you came from, next month I am getting the Jamaican national bird on my arm

Pablo
11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
nice tat

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I wonder the same thing. Especially people who want to be in the corporate business world.

tony
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Very true I cant argue that, I got one on my arm when I was 18.. but the only thing it reminds me of are the stupid decisions I made when I was younger. Tattoos of meaning are nice, cherries on your neck though.. totally different story.

1439/2000
11-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Very true I cant argue that, I got one on my arm when I was 18.. but the only thing it reminds me of are the stupid decisions I made when I was younger. Tattoos of meaning are nice, cherries on your neck though.. totally different story.

Cherries on a girls neck at Bruster's would just make me want topping. I would hire that girl.

gtikid
11-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Yea man nice tat. It looks really nice. Funny the tattoo subject got brought up b/c my brother is doing a tattoo on his sister in law in the living room right now. Anyways, i have a tattoo, but it's on my back, on a shoulder blade. And that's where i plan on getting my other ones. I agree with Tony. They do look unprofessional, well depending on the job your doing. Like QD said, his tattoos don't affect his job. If that's the case then get them where ever you want, ya kno. But then yea it is hard to get a "professional" job with tats on your arm. I personally wouldn't get a tat on my arm b/c i don't like the way they look and I don't like the image they would give off to people, especially a girl's family. Don't want them thinking i'm something i'm not, since we all know that's the case most of the time

thinkfast®
11-02-2005, 09:28 PM
good call Julian. we know you ain't no gangbanger holmes :D

I got a few on my arms, plan on getting a fe more on my back/shoulder/leg... I just think that neck/throat/eye/forearm shit is played out, I see a lot of peeps gettin shit just to get it, ya know? where I come from you get some ink done that shit means something! Like all them chicks w/ the tramp stamp on the lower back, no offense but you think thats gonna be sexy in 20 years? hell, in 10 years?

gross

gtikid
11-02-2005, 09:32 PM
good call Julian. we know you ain't no gangbanger holmes :D

psh!! nigga i'm crazy!! :crazy: hah yea right. That's what I mean. A girl's parents would be like "Omg this little ese is trying to get our daughter pregnant, then try to get away with not paying child support!"

quickdodge®
11-02-2005, 09:32 PM
a tat on my arm b/c i don't like the way they look and I don't like the image they would give off to people,

That's true. One on arm, from shoulder to wrist it says LONG BEACH and the other arm, shoulder to wrist, it says CALIFORNIA and on one forearm, it says STRETCH and the other forearm, it says DA EAST. That's just me and where I'm from. But it is gangsta and looks it. It has caused a riff in me and girls relationship because of her family not liking what my tats meant. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
My last tat is gonna be on my bacc, though. So it can be easily hidden. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Fuck what the chicks family thinks, thats what I say. if they on some "he's bangin' and I dont want him around my daughter" then you don't need that kinda stress homey. I done been around PLENTY folks that got to know me, yea I dont have no tatts on my forearms/neck but I sometimes get perceived as some shit that I ain't.

don't get it twisted though, I'll cut ya.

BigBoi
11-02-2005, 09:37 PM
My last tat is gonna be on my bacc, though. So it can be easily hidden. Later, QD.

what you gettin Mike? "QDIZZLE" across your back lol

Jimmy B
11-02-2005, 10:33 PM
<~ no tats, and not gettin any.. only time i contemplated it was when 2-3 close deaths happened back to back... it would be a memory tat.. but i dicided not to

uproot
11-02-2005, 10:45 PM
i saw a dude with the word "gay" tattooed on his neck....

...nuff said.

DrivenMind
11-02-2005, 10:53 PM
I thought about a tattoo like a lot of people my age, but I decided that at my age, I still have a lot to experience before I do as permanent as a tattoo.

If I did one I would want it to be meaningful, and timeless. What might seem important and meaningful to me now might not be in a few years so I'm better off waiting till I've gone a little further in life.

thinkfast®
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
yea because we all know how lovely barb wire, fairies and chinese letters are :D

gtikid
11-02-2005, 11:19 PM
yea because we all know how lovely barb wire, fairies and chinese letters are :D

o and you can't forget cute little playboy bunnies or the sun

thinkfast®
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
oopsie :fruit:

wes_297
11-03-2005, 02:13 AM
i have been denied jobs because of my piercings and the only ones u can see are my eyebrow, my ears, and maybe my tongue. i now have 2 tats both can be covered up and i want more but, at the same time i know that eventualy i will have to remove my visable piercings when i start a career/profetional job.

Dragonfly5338
11-03-2005, 02:36 AM
yup, i keep my tats easily hidden by professional clothes (pants, button shirt, etc). just for the possibility of me regretting it in the future, hehe.

The Ren
11-03-2005, 03:25 AM
yup, i keep my tats easily hidden by professional clothes (pants, button shirt, etc). just for the possibility of me regretting it in the future, hehe.

I have 8 holes..all in my ears..I'm a Vet Tech so I have to becareful where and what I get.. and cause of the whole jewish thing I couldnt do a tattoo... My boyfriend on the other hand has 6 tattoos... 3 of which are very visable.. and my family HATES them..

SilverStoneZ
11-03-2005, 07:20 AM
I have 2 tattoos on my forarms very visiable. I half agree with what you are saying but the bigest thing in getting the corperate job is more of how you present yourself at an interview if you act like a slack ass food server for fast food than no you will never get the good job. I moved to florida and landed a drafting job in less than 2 weeks of being down here and they had no prob with the tattoos. I have also met with several of our clients most of the time i get a heads up so i choose to ware a longsleeve shirt but i have never been asked to cover them up I suppose that could be because of the way i hold myself. Anyway thats just my :2cents:

Kristi
11-03-2005, 08:04 AM
i don't understand the tattoo thing. i don't like em

quickdodge®
11-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Except mine. Mine denote gangsterity. I'm a hard ass caucasion that's not to be fucced with and that turns your gangsterless ass on. Later, QD.

BTEC
11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
well i still want to get a tat and have wanted one for years but i dnt know what to get. i want it to have meaning. i am not in the biz that i need to wear a suit or shirt and tie so i dnt have to worry about looking professional in that manner. i build fast cars and if everything goes well, i will be wrking for myself soon. i think tats in that field are somewhat of an atrraction. thats my oppinion though.

but im with tony on the other stuff like Mc Donalds, Churchs, KFC, etc.. It kinda gives me the impression that u really dnt care about ur job and how my food comes out.

civic95
11-03-2005, 08:36 AM
I think it depends on the person, and the what the tattoo is. Some people can pull it off, but they still have a professional/intellegent demeanor. Now if you have a tattoo of a cut with blood drops running down your arm, talk with slang, your hair looks all greasy, and unwashed thats not helping you.

Kelly_Rene
11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
See this is why if I get a tatto its going to be in a place where I can cover it up. Because I want to be a professional person

BTEC
11-03-2005, 08:44 AM
FF employee: Yo, wasup man what can i gitcha?
Me: yeah, let me have a number 2 with no onions, supersize with a coke to go.
FF employee: uh numba 2 right/ and you dnt want no onions? aight, aight.
FF employee A yo mike!! dnt put no onions on that #2 dog!! aight cool, cool. is dat it mang?
Me: uhhhhhhhhh, yeah.
FF employee: aight yo total gone be six fiddy sem.
FF employee: forty three cents in yo change, preciaet it.

sixfifty
11-03-2005, 09:02 AM
^^^^so many places you go to!

Kelly_Rene
11-03-2005, 09:10 AM
its so true

PSINXS
11-03-2005, 09:17 AM
^any wesley chapel fast food place is the worse. or sometimes they dont even say nothing. they just look at you n wait for you to order.

I ahd a church's chicken girl give me attitude.
Me:I would ike an 8 piece with 2 peppers and fried okra.
Girl:do u see an 8 piece up there? Pick something else.
Me:(turns n walks away)

A simple we dont have an 8 piece special at this time, would you like 10? would ahve worked.

uproot
11-03-2005, 09:18 AM
FF employee: forty three cents in yo change, preciaet it.

i think that should be "foty"

4bangin
11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I think it depends on the person. I personally do have visible tattoos if I'm wearing short sleeves, but I own my own business. This has been the case since I was 15. Every male in my family has owned their own business for as long as I can remember, so I guess it's in my blood. I have confidence in my ability to run a successful business, and think that I will continue to do so. I did think about what you're saying before I ever got tattoos though, I figure if my business fails, the tattoos on my arm will be a reminder that I need to push myself harder and start something new so that I don't have to rely on a shithole job and paycheck. If all else fails, I'll work for my dad, hah.

But yeah, someone who doesnt have the motivation, determination or simply the smarts to push themself to be great, shouldnt get visible tattoos ;) I'm neither for nor against the idea of getting tattoos, I think it 100% depends on the person in the equation.

BigBoi
11-03-2005, 09:44 PM
If all else fails, I'll work for my dad, hah.

haha.. at least u have a backup plan.. cuz i know i wouldnt hire you with those fucked up tattoos...

lol jk man.. i go back on the 13th to finish mine, i'll send u pics then or post them up .. u never sent me those finished pics of yours

4bangin
11-04-2005, 06:56 AM
lol jk man.. i go back on the 13th to finish mine, i'll send u pics then or post them up .. u never sent me those finished pics of yours

Awesome :) Excited? I havnt gotton the pictures yet. Brandon gets the final say so on what pictures go up and he wasnt there when we photographed it, so we have to take more next week. Not sure if they will put up what we snapped, if they do I will let you know!

chrisdavis
11-04-2005, 08:50 AM
I have five. Four can be hidden with a short sleeve shirt and a pair of pants. The last one is on the inside of my wrist and is very close to my skin color. I chose the color very carefully as I always wanted a tat on my wrist but I didn't want something obvious. Most people assume it's a scar or birthmark.

soxfan30
11-04-2005, 09:23 AM
The thing about these types of tats...you know what type of decision you're making when you get them done. I have three very visible tattoos on my forearms, and hell, I'll probably add more in other visible spots. The death spot will be my knuckles if I ever get that done. I knew what I was getting into when I got them, so I accept responsibility for the fact that I'll be looked down upon by the general public, and that if I have to work, I'll have to cover them up at most jobs. It also means long sleeved shirts in the summer lol. For the most part, all I've done lately is retail, and usually there's an issue with it, but I always ask beforehand during the interview. But getting back on topic, I understand people's arguements about why someone might not like them...I notice that fast food jobs are full of people with tattoos, mainly because those companies don't really care-their employees are making minimum wage anyways, so what does it matter? But hey, to each their own, Peachez...

Julio
11-04-2005, 03:50 PM
I never understood this..

Most people Say:

I get tatoos because It means something to me..
So why the hell make it visible? Whats the diffrence between visible and not?
Ah shit look at me .. I have a tatoo.. blah..
I have one, is not visible, very rarely show it to anyone.
Meaning my ass.. I dont buy that story.

Sorry, My opinion =]

BigBoi
11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Awesome :) Excited? I havnt gotton the pictures yet. Brandon gets the final say so on what pictures go up and he wasnt there when we photographed it, so we have to take more next week. Not sure if they will put up what we snapped, if they do I will let you know!

of course.. it doesnt look like much now cuz it is just the outline.. so i cant wait til Dave shades it in. Brandon doesnt seem to be there much.. the two times i was there he wasnt lol.. how the hell does he make his money. It's cool on the pics, i'm sure he will want to post the final piece since he already has some on the site.

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I have a tattoo.. but no one ever sees it... That's exactly why I got it there.. I plan on getting another one soon, somewhere that can be covered up as well.. I don't wanna be 50 with visible tattoos.. lol

My only problem.. the tattoo I have now is a turtle (long story behind this, no time to explain) on the right side of my lower abdomen, so if i ever get pregnant, it's gonna turn into a sea turtle! lol

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-04-2005, 04:02 PM
speaking of, does anyone know of a website where i can find cool tribals?

mumbles
11-04-2005, 04:04 PM
tattoos are a sign of self expression all of mine are not visible but i have 3 hrs of work in one arm and probably have another 6 to go. my tatoos are things that will never leave me my passion for cars. and yes i have a turbo, nitrious bottle, selinoide with pistons and more flames to come

mumbles
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
there are way to many to choose from just google tribal tatoos and look at what all comes up. i would suggest color in the tribal it looks sooooo much better that way

Dragonfly5338
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM

hey yo - this is a good site for a bunch of different tats.

http://www.luckyfishart.com/index.html

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/ is a good one too. Both those you have to pay for the design, but it's only a couple bucks and you get a nice stencil to get a better looking tat.