PDA

View Full Version : BARRETT PKWY | TONIGHT

BABY J
03-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Whos's gonna roll up for some cars and coffee?

I think I'm gonna roll through....

e30pwr
03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
if cobb doesn't run us out like last night, i might be there. lol

MINI
03-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I'll be down there but not with the Coop. Won't ride through but I am picking up HIDs.

BABY J
03-27-2010, 04:33 PM
So yall got ran off? LOL. Was some1 ricing around? Playing loud music?

e30pwr
03-27-2010, 04:37 PM
here's the list of shenanigans i viewed:

loud music
strobes and green flashing lights used on car while circling the lot
some POS eclipse running out 1st in and out of the lot

so typical stuff. at least no disco status tiburon this time.

peg leg
03-27-2010, 04:52 PM
i might come out and chill

DB4LYFE ™
03-27-2010, 06:18 PM
i b dur!

~DB4LYFE

BABY J
03-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Then it's settled - I'm coming through in the hatch.

trajedy
03-28-2010, 01:30 AM
barrett has become a display of flashing lights from what I've seen. It's always the kids with the angel eyes and underglow out there doing the stupid shit. The prelude with the body kit and whale tale spoiler asked one of my buddies if he wanted to run for pinks? lol, someone has been watching too much fast and furious.

e30pwr
03-28-2010, 11:26 AM
barrett has become a display of flashing lights from what I've seen. It's always the kids with the angel eyes and underglow out there doing the stupid shit. The prelude with the body kit and whale tale spoiler asked one of my buddies if he wanted to run for pinks? lol, someone has been watching too much fast and furious.

shit, somebody needs to balls up run him, and then just trash the car.

cjhutch
03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't go to the meets, but I do come off 575 exit 1 to get home. Lately on Fridays I've been seeing some guys in Camaros and Mustangs going up and down the road revving and mashing it between the lights. The last two times I've seen a white E30 in the mix and a couple of Hondas. I know you guys just want to have fun, but with crap like that going on I can't see why you all wouldn't expect the cops to run you off. 575 is right there, if you want to get some high speed runs in or hear your exhaust just get on the ramp and have some fun.

BABY J
04-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Bring your horsepower and your fucked up fitments out 2nite.

Revmaynard
04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Pass.

loverboy_gnd
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
sound interesting... whats the address of said meet?

BABY J
04-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Starbucks in front of Knuckle-up and Town Center Mall. Be there.

loverboy_gnd
04-03-2010, 05:06 PM
iight i be der :goodjob: what time you guys meeting?

driftyboy
04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Varsity thursday night...
Garage Zero friday night...

Nah, I'ma stay in and get some sleep tonight.

BABY J
04-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Roll about about 8 or so if you'd like.

loverboy_gnd
04-03-2010, 05:24 PM
town center mall in kennesaw right?

BABY J
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
TTT

Pretty good turnout last week - although EL OH FUCKING EL at the Pep Boys Christmas Light Crew w/ the underbody neons and flashing lights. That def gave me and a few guys a retro-rewind back to 1990 something. ha ha

csmiths
04-09-2010, 08:05 PM
see you there

CHADbee
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
nobody wants to ride out with me....guess imma just chill at the house. il catch up with you guys at the spot tomorrow evening.

e30pwr
04-09-2010, 11:07 PM
it was nice. tit bit cold, but whatever. whoever brought that army truck, props, thats legit

CHADbee
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
it was nice. tit bit cold, but whatever. whoever brought that army truck, props, thats legit

hahha thats repiks from MCE if it was this one....

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/3139220/800/M35A2/IMG-4006.jpg

e30pwr
04-09-2010, 11:21 PM
indeed it was. i was impressed.

SC400TUNER92
04-10-2010, 01:54 AM

Ya just have become a bunch of ladys up there in barret lol why does car culture scare you lol i mean what has the tuner scene come too in barret mini vans with car seats lol its not exactly like the tuner scene got created by a bunch of too scared to express them self up tight scared of the police pansies lol how are you goin to bash some one for building a car to run as close as 10's to possible if not 10's and your goin to bash them for wanting to go balls out to see who really knows how to build a car and drive it lol some one needs to do there home work on the tuner scene and you will discover that racing for pinks starter WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before fast and the furious, so come up with something we havent heard in a while im sorry but im all about tradition wouldnt spend my time under the hood if i wasnt goin to run it a few times thats the whole thrill of building a car, or are ya just into building pretty cars??? all show and no go??? understandable not to do it in public or by the meets for so many reasons its dangerous and it makes us easy bait for cops, but dont act like your better than some one else when in all reality your really just scared i mean id be embarassed too if i was to get smoked by a 19 yr old but at the end of the day id shake his hand pay up and try to figure out what he did to his car to make it run faster, and i wont say im unbeatable but there is a time and a place to find out when and where, the car industry has been inspired by street racing ever since shelby, hemi, and the SS from back in the days actually to take it back even further, find out how NASCAR was founded, it sure wasnt by shivering and shaking behind your car from the 5.0 ... ill be the first to tell ya fuck the popo i aint scared of no popo lol 17 points on my license license suspended once car impounded once 1 over nighter in dekalb county lol and you know what i still get a rush from feeling 100mph+ wind come in my window

ct9a gsr
04-10-2010, 03:32 AM
^^^

lookicantypelikeamoronandsaystupidshittahtnoonewan tstoreadtoo...withoutusingthespacebartoo!

ghostrida3
04-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Ya just have become a bunch of ladys up there in barret lol why does car culture scare you lol i mean what has the tuner scene come too in barret mini vans with car seats lol its not exactly like the tuner scene got created by a bunch of too scared to express them self up tight scared of the police pansies lol how are you goin to bash some one for building a car to run as close as 10's to possible if not 10's and your goin to bash them for wanting to go balls out to see who really knows how to build a car and drive it lol some one needs to do there home work on the tuner scene and you will discover that racing for pinks starter WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before fast and the furious, so come up with something we havent heard in a while im sorry but im all about tradition wouldnt spend my time under the hood if i wasnt goin to run it a few times thats the whole thrill of building a car, or are ya just into building pretty cars??? all show and no go??? understandable not to do it in public or by the meets for so many reasons its dangerous and it makes us easy bait for cops, but dont act like your better than some one else when in all reality your really just scared i mean id be embarassed too if i was to get smoked by a 19 yr old but at the end of the day id shake his hand pay up and try to figure out what he did to his car to make it run faster, and i wont say im unbeatable but there is a time and a place to find out when and where, the car industry has been inspired by street racing ever since shelby, hemi, and the SS from back in the days actually to take it back even further, find out how NASCAR was founded, it sure wasnt by shivering and shaking behind your car from the 5.0 ... ill be the first to tell ya fuck the popo i aint scared of no popo lol 17 points on my license license suspended once car impounded once 1 over nighter in dekalb county lol and you know what i still get a rush from feeling 100mph+ wind come in my window

i think you are misunderstanding. what do whale tales and neons have to do w/ speed? the point thats trying to be made is most of the people that are up there doing stupid stuff like slaloming through the parking lot at 45 mph, doing burnouts, you know the stupid stuff that gets us kicked out... dont have fast cars. and maybe its just me but most cats i know w/ fast cars dont go up to people and say-"wanna race for pinks". I have never met anyone,-at least in the last 5years lol w/ an outdated whale tail and bodykit on a prelude that had a fast car. i am not sayin preludes arent fast but usually when you meet people w/ the type of intellect to make a prelude that fast(10secs) they dont have that combination of parts lol!
what i really wanna know is who is creating the market for this played out stuff? The majority thinks this stuff is pretty gay but yet people still keep poppin up w/ it. it defies economic theory. just let the altezzas and the neon underbody foolishness go. hahaha. i guess if you like it thats all that matters. But its still gay lol.

BABY J
04-11-2010, 01:01 AM
This thread just got fun - LOL

The spot was hott tonite - had a blast. :)

Nismo
04-11-2010, 01:43 AM
This thread just got fun - LOL

The spot was hott tonite - had a blast. :)

Cool meeting you the other night, even though I didnt really introduce myself.:thinking:

i think you are misunderstanding. what do whale tales and neons have to do w/ speed? the point thats trying to be made is most of the people that are up there doing stupid stuff like slaloming through the parking lot at 45 mph, doing burnouts, you know the stupid stuff that gets us kicked out... dont have fast cars. and maybe its just me but most cats i know w/ fast cars dont go up to people and say-"wanna race for pinks". I have never met anyone,-at least in the last 5years lol w/ an outdated whale tail and bodykit on a prelude that had a fast car. i am not sayin preludes arent fast but usually when you meet people w/ the type of intellect to make a prelude that fast(10secs) they dont have that combination of parts lol!
what i really wanna know is who is creating the market for this played out stuff? The majority thinks this stuff is pretty gay but yet people still keep poppin up w/ it. it defies economic theory. just let the altezzas and the neon underbody foolishness go. hahaha. i guess if you like it thats all that matters. But its still gay lol.

I agree to disagree. Lights and huge spoilers are the future.

I'd run you, but I've learned that keyboard commandos are a waste of my precious precious gasoline. Sorry. Plus you dont sound like you learn from your past mistakes.

SC400TUNER92
04-12-2010, 01:14 AM

I mentioned the acting an ass in the lot, i dont condone it, and i agree on the disco light under car neon shit thats for people who grew up with out them lagears in the 90s lol as for the altezzas i have at least put my 2 cents the only reason they are as you say "played out" is only cause 60% of new cars come with them on car from the factory and trust me i did alot of debating on mine and at the end of the day i have a 92 not very many 21st century looking factory tail lights on any cars from the early 90s and frankly i dont want to look like every other sc300/400.. and to sumarize i was just addressing the racing thing in no way shape or for form concerned with what people do to thier cars, one mans junk is anothers mans treasure

tdurr
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
^^ ricer.

fleishelja
04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
last time I went to Barrett i felt like an old man, and I'm only 24. Maybe if a bunch of other nice Lexus' were there.

ghostrida3
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I mentioned the acting an ass in the lot, i dont condone it, and i agree on the disco light under car neon shit thats for people who grew up with out them lagears in the 90s lol as for the altezzas i have at least put my 2 cents the only reason they are as you say "played out" is only cause 60% of new cars come with them on car from the factory and trust me i did alot of debating on mine and at the end of the day i have a 92 not very many 21st century looking factory tail lights on any cars from the early 90s and frankly i dont want to look like every other sc300/400.. and to sumarize i was just addressing the racing thing in no way shape or for form concerned with what people do to thier cars, one mans junk is anothers mans treasure
dude you got one of the nicest toyotas ever made imo. i think the factory taillights look fine and they go w/ the car more than the altezzas. just my humble opinion, but like you said "one mans junk anothers treasure". and as far as the racing thing i am not sayin i drive the speed limit all the time but you are not gonna create some new form of motorsports getting your car impounded and losing your licsence. i went thru that when i was younger. speeding tickets are a waste of money you could be using on makin your car faster or something more constructive than given it away to the highway department.

JGilbert312
04-12-2010, 10:23 PM
dude you got one of the nicest toyotas ever made imo. i think the factory taillights look fine and they go w/ the car more than the altezzas. just my humble opinion, but like you said "one mans junk anothers treasure". and as far as the racing thing i am not sayin i drive the speed limit all the time but you are not gonna create some new form of motorsports getting your car impounded and losing your licsence. i went thru that when i was younger. speeding tickets are a waste of money you could be using on makin your car faster or something more constructive than given it away to the highway department.

I agree, I have lost my license 4 times and finally learned my lesson this time, so now I don't drive like an idiot everywhere I go, I will run my car at the track now and maybe every once in awhile do a run with someone off the track, but I am a lot more aware of my surroundings (cops) and such than what I used to be.

tjmhillz
04-12-2010, 10:29 PM
is this meet monthly or just random. i just moved to this side of the town and im a few mins away. my car is down right now but should be up soon and im down for some meets.

e30pwr
04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
is this meet monthly or just random. i just moved to this side of the town and im a few mins away. my car is down right now but should be up soon and im down for some meets.

pretty much every fri/sat evening from 8-12 unless we get kicked out.

alright, if anybody is down i want to get some cardboard and breakdancers to just bum-rush the disco tiburon and fuck his shit all up. please?

ghostrida3
04-12-2010, 11:53 PM
pretty much every fri/sat evening from 8-12 unless we get kicked out.

alright, if anybody is down i want to get some cardboard and breakdancers to just bum-rush the disco tiburon and fuck his shit all up. please?

i got you son!!!ille bring the old school boom box.

SC400TUNER92
04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
aight im not codoning bad driving if anything the reason why my license finally got suspended was for a improper lane change in riverdale cause them points stay on 3 yrs im just saying you cant rag on some one else when they call you out and then you come on here and talk shit behind they back and then make a corny ass fast and the furious coment, and as for the tails on my lexus the factory ones i guess they just didnt fit in with what im aiming towards with the 2 tone paint and the chrome and the 92 to 97 tail swap has been done so much, to be honest im thinking about goin to some other tail lights that dont look so euro but still not factory but then again i might just get an sc300 all together and do it like it i found mine fairly cheap and did alot of the fixxing to it my self hell i let one slip out of my hands in nov i could have had an sc300 for like 600 bucks and i would have paid to tow it but im not even deep enough into this one to start another one

preludedude
04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Whats wrong with Preludes?

ghostrida3
04-14-2010, 02:11 AM
absolutely nothin, personally i love them, i used to have a 94, but lets be real i have never heard of a prelude running 10s.

SC400TUNER92
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Whats wrong with Preludes?

i second that, never thought any thing was wrong with preludes, or that they was slow, or that they looked bad, or that they are unreliable, preludes are cool so long as it aint a kia lol

preludedude
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
absolutely nothin, personally i love them, i used to have a 94, but lets be real i have never heard of a prelude running 10s.

than you just haven't been around race tracks for a long time, or i just might be old school, i 've seen crazy shit chevy cavilers with 350's and shit and the track i used to go i seen one old prelude that was boosted and had slicks and was running fast as shit i'm not shure the time but deff impressive, but the main thing is you don't get a lude to run 10's not that you can't make it you can make alot of shit if you got the money and resources, but a prelude is a nice everyday driver , fast through traffic and nice to drive, and if it's moded right can run . and i thought the prelude was first made from honda for a sport coupe and did so well on the track went to raceing than they started makeing the s2000 and stopped the preludes .. they had some sick old tunner test track films on you tube from japan about th 4th gen how it was made more for the track since the first models did so well, check it out, it's a yellow one on the videos..

Nismo
04-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Whats wrong with Kia's?

peg leg
04-16-2010, 06:48 PM
anyone heading out tonite? thinking about riding through, if u see a white box white north carolina plates thats me

bcmurphy87
04-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Nice turn out tonight. Saw a really clean skylark ride through later. Was that anyone on here?

BABY J
04-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I missed it last night - will roll thru tonight though. :)

tdurr
04-17-2010, 05:19 PM
^^ id like to check ur car out again man if u show up. look for the accord

85Zbum
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
barrett turned into a christmas light show with all the color changing underglow and the "all show no go" civics and preludes. every once in a while u will see a few nice cars but if ur more than 10 mins away its not even worth the gas! come check out the douglasville meet. its not "huge" but its gettin bigger. check it "douglasvile people" thread

oldschool
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
barrett turned into a christmas light show with all the color changing underglow and the "all show no go" civics and preludes. every once in a while u will see a few nice cars but if ur more than 10 mins away its not even worth the gas! come check out the douglasville meet. its not "huge" but its gettin bigger. check it "douglasvile people" thread

Where is it at? I saw a couple folks at the mall last weekend but thats it.

85Zbum
04-23-2010, 11:51 AM
its in the target parking lot on chapel hill rd at 9. u will see a group of people in the middle of the parking lot. most people get there about 915 or 930 though

bcmurphy87
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
oldschool the dville scene use to really nice. if you were not going out of town this weekend id take you out there. But now i will sit at work all night

tdurr
04-23-2010, 05:36 PM

lulz. ur crazy. there are ike 8 cars that have lights and shit. for the most part every other car is decent. and the function/form is prob split 50/50. All the fast cars just don't talk shit and let people know their fast(accept the doge colt) so maybe walk around and talk to people before you go saying that everyone is all show.
Kthx go to douglasville.

BABY J
04-23-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm rolling through tonight. And funny how "every1 is rice" but no1 steps to the v8 crew when they roll though.

tdurr
04-23-2010, 07:53 PM
lulz i kno right?! i know 2 ppl who would. one did but his girl was blowing up his phone so he had to back out lol

if i didnt have a shitty clutch i would...:ninja:

BABY J
04-23-2010, 08:16 PM
There are a couple in the Stang crew that are serious business... a coupla F-body's that i KNOW hook well for the street but don't know if they make mid-range/high power - and a few onesies and twosies that will only show-up if some1 talks enough smack. There is a little something for every1 on Barrett these days.

85Zbum
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
well the last meet i went to up there was lame. it was about a month ago. yea dont get me wrong there are a few nice cars up there but i dont like meets where people feel the need to speed off when they leave trying to be hardcore. although there was one car that was fast as fuck!! i honestly cant remember what it was now.... oh well but shit maybe some people enjoy going out there but i wouldnt go out there unless i had NOTHING else to do or unless ALL my buddys went out there..... but honestly i think i'd rather sit at home or chill with the ladies:boobies::ninja:

tdhallday
04-24-2010, 01:55 AM
haha im pretty sure the disco tiburon is a friend of mine.. he's a punk. disco on his hood, please :D

Okie_doke.
04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
lulz. ur crazy. there are ike 8 cars that have lights and shit. for the most part every other car is decent. and the function/form is prob split 50/50. All the fast cars just don't talk shit and let people know their fast(accept the doge colt) so maybe walk around and talk to people before you go saying that everyone is all show.
Kthx go to douglasville.

I be from that tharrrrr Douglasville :ninja:

darkshadow
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Rofl whos down for a tornado party tonight at barret!!!.

barrets great to me been going a while it has its up and downs but its allways there.
i can remeber nights were it was pretty much a dam monsoon of rain and folks were still hangin out. another thing is the diversity at barret to me makes it even better you gotta have something to lol at when it rolls threw time to time : )

tdurr
04-24-2010, 06:20 PM
There are a couple in the Stang crew that are serious business... a coupla F-body's that i KNOW hook well for the street but don't know if they make mid-range/high power - and a few onesies and twosies that will only show-up if some1 talks enough smack. There is a little something for every1 on Barrett these days.

Yea a few of those stangs get down, i think a kno of 2 of the fbodies that will move. a few swapped hatches that show up for the honda guys, and everynow and then a pretty cute srt4 that will walk alot of stuff.
btw did u go last night? i got there right as the cop was kicking ppl out.

I be from that tharrrrr Douglasville :ninja:

well ur a noob ricecake that needs to go to the ASAP show tomorrow. :D

Rofl whos down for a tornado party tonight at barret!!!.

barrets great to me been going a while it has its up and downs but its allways there.
i can remeber nights were it was pretty much a dam monsoon of rain and folks were still hangin out. another thing is the diversity at barret to me makes it even better you gotta have something to lol at when it rolls threw time to time : )

lol @ tornado party. Ill prob be sleep. im tired as balls. Ive never been when it rained tho. But the diversity is a good thing. There are alot of random ass ppl who roll through that just make everyone laugh thinking they are hot shit. Its pretty great.

BABY J
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Werd.

tK FuRy
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
so I know someone took a picture of the MR2 powered by an Asian guy ....

:p

PrOjEk_EJ
05-15-2010, 01:35 PM
i went to barrett last night n i see what yall mean bout all the strobes and underbody lights ... and i think i saw the disco party tiburon lol ... there was some nice subies next to me though ..

RianTheBear
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
how late you guys usually stick around... i might bring my dirty old Datsun out if i get off of work early..

BABY J
05-15-2010, 06:47 PM
1am - sometimes 2, depending on douchbaggery, weather and Cobb County's finest.. LOL

PrOjEk_EJ
05-15-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah last night was ok ...

tK FuRy
05-16-2010, 12:34 AM
i went to barrett last night n i see what yall mean bout all the strobes and underbody lights ... and i think i saw the disco party tiburon lol ... there was some nice subies next to me though ..

OMG, I swear I was about to turn epileptic standing by that fucking SUV.

trajedy
05-16-2010, 02:05 AM
aight im not codoning bad driving if anything the reason why my license finally got suspended was for a improper lane change in riverdale cause them points stay on 3 yrs im just saying you cant rag on some one else when they call you out and then you come on here and talk shit behind they back and then make a corny ass fast and the furious coment, and as for the tails on my lexus the factory ones i guess they just didnt fit in with what im aiming towards with the 2 tone paint and the chrome and the 92 to 97 tail swap has been done so much, to be honest im thinking about goin to some other tail lights that dont look so euro but still not factory but then again i might just get an sc300 all together and do it like it i found mine fairly cheap and did alot of the fixxing to it my self hell i let one slip out of my hands in nov i could have had an sc300 for like 600 bucks and i would have paid to tow it but im not even deep enough into this one to start another one

For the record, I was never called out. I'm also not talking shit behind their back. As for the corny ass fast and the furious joke.. If I recall correctly, they raced for pinks so it makes 100% sense. One more thing I also forgot to mention, the kid asked me if my car was a 4 or 6 cylinder. I drive a 5.0 swapped mustang (that I also am still unsatisfied with), so there goes the theory of his knowledge of cars and the possibility of it being fast. Before you bring up the fact that that older mustangs did have 4 cylinder motors, I have a 95 and the hood was popped as I was checking the oil.

*By the way, every post from you in this thread is a run-on sentence from hell.

tK FuRy
05-16-2010, 02:10 AM
For the record, I was never called out. I'm also not talking shit behind their back. As for the corny ass fast and the furious joke.. If I recall correctly, they raced for pinks so it makes 100% sense. One more thing I also forgot to mention, the kid asked me if my car was a 4 or 6 cylinder. I drive a 5.0 swapped mustang (that I also am still unsatisfied with), so there goes the theory of his knowledge of cars and the possibility of it being fast. Before you bring up the fact that that older mustangs did have 4 cylinder motors, I have a 95 and the hood was popped as I was checking the oil.

Wait a minute, Fox Body? if so ... why wouldn't you have a V8, it defeats the purpose of a mustang to have the V6 or in the old case, a 4 cylinder. Just sayin'

BABY J
05-16-2010, 10:09 AM
^^ Hmmm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cLeNgupJ_4

PrOjEk_EJ
05-16-2010, 04:49 PM
OMG, I swear I was about to turn epileptic standing by that fucking SUV.

lol .. that suv was a little much ...

tK FuRy
05-16-2010, 11:53 PM
^^ Hmmm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cLeNgupJ_4

fffffuuuu lol, I knew you were going to pull that video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zi1tm3QXZ4

RianTheBear
05-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Curses... i missed out on the fun. wish i could have rolled out there to see all the sweet rides. I did happen to catch a sweet White S14 rolling down 75 about midnight or so. But thats all i got to see. T_T

ulbsry02
05-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Anyone headed to BP this weekend?

BABY J
05-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Barrett Pkway or the BP in Gwinnett??

S197_GTvert
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM

haha the new v6 makes more powa than the 05-09 GT's and the old turbo 4cyl SVO mustangs were pretty nasty too

Anyone headed to BP this weekend?
location ?