PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER QUESTION!!!

AMD_Civic
03-26-2010, 11:23 PM
SO I JUST GOT MY A1 SWAP FINALLY DONE.. BUT THEN IT WON'T START?? I TURNED THE IGNITION AND IT WON'T TURNOVER...THEN THERES THIS ONE WIRE THAT THE PREVIOUS DIPSHITS USED FOR I GUESS THE ALARM OR SOMETHING AND IT WAS WIRED TO THE STARTER SO I REWIRE THAT WIRE ON THE STARTER AND THEN NOW THE CAR IS TURNING OVER BUT STILL WON'T START??
SO IM THINKING ITS THE FUEL PUMP OR WHATEVER.. HOW DO WE CHECK IT TO SEE IF ITS THE PROBLEM OR NOT??

97_luder
03-27-2010, 02:40 AM
when you turn the key to the ON position, you shuold here the fuel pump come on for about 2 seconds, if you dont then i would check the fuse first

Barefoot
03-27-2010, 07:54 AM
when you turn the key to the ON position, you shuold here the fuel pump come on for about 2 seconds, if you dont then i would check the fuse first

x2

loSiRcity
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
if the fuel pump checks out, look into whether or not your getting spark. you can pull off one of the wires going to your spark plugs and ground it out to see the spark. If no spark then check out your cap and rotor, coil, or igniter chip. sorry for being a little sketchy in the details

AMD_Civic
03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah well i have brand new wires, plugs, and a distributor from a running vehicle... but then there was the alarm thingie like i said, and there are wires cut and everything down there so im thinking that its that..!!

AMD_Civic
03-30-2010, 05:49 PM
okay well found out all my fuel pump, starter, etc everything working fine its just like i said something is stopping the engine from getting power it won't crank or turn over at all.!!anyone have a clue why??

Barefoot
03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
if u cant figure it out give me a call. best rates in town.

ATL86
03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
You might need to print out a schematic and chase down every cut wire. Check your fuses if you haven't already done that.

scttydb411
03-30-2010, 10:40 PM
grounds...very common mistake. check them all. tranny, motor/valvecover, thermostat housing, etc.