PDA

View Full Version : General Chat it's been said before.....but I can't help it. HID's.

alpine_aw11
03-26-2010, 02:43 PM
So it seems like the first thing a lot of people do to their piece of shit Hondas(or I guess just imports in general) is put shitty drop in HID kits in their reflector housings.

Would one of you please stand up and explain why you're so fucking dumb?

Nerdsrock22
03-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Probably because it's cheap and noticeable.

/just a guess, I've never even looked at them.

alpine_aw11
03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Well the only reason I posted this was because of what happened to me last night. Some guy in an Accord came over a Hill going towards me, and I just got blinded by shitty looking blue light because god forbid a ricer having headlights that actually work properly. So I turned around and followed him, turns out its just some complete shitbox. Probably worth 300 bucks. So I threw a handful of change at his busted ass piece of shit and passed him because his car was so slow he would never catch me.

So just to warn you, if I happen to be one of the people you blind in your POS with your POS HID's you're going to have a change bomb coming your way.

5speed
03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Haha, change bomb is priceless

ava_Z32
03-26-2010, 03:08 PM
are my HID's in my projectors safe from your change bombs? lol

alpine_aw11
03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Yes. As long as they are aimed correctly. Nothing wrong with using projector housings. In fact, all of the dipshit assfuck ricers I'm speaking of should buy ebay projector housings. They will match up great with your piece of shit car anyway. That last part wasn't for you Ava, I like that Z.

HypnoToad
03-26-2010, 03:15 PM
I never plan on putting HIDs in my car,cause I know how much other peoples piss me off and blind me.

marcos713
03-26-2010, 11:16 PM
the change bomb is kinda childish of you IMO. if you dont like then oh well deal with it just like every body else has to. i know if some1 change bombed me or threw anything at my car for that matter, i'd get their tag and call the popo on their ass. and you say "POS hondas" like all of them are. if you have money to buy yourself a nice car then ok, but that doesnt give you the right to call all hondas POS's. and your only 19 yourself so either you must have a a really good job to have yourself a nice car or some parents with money. just my :2cents:

ava_Z32
03-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Yes. As long as they are aimed correctly. Nothing wrong with using projector housings. In fact, all of the dipshit assfuck ricers I'm speaking of should buy ebay projector housings. They will match up great with your piece of shit car anyway. That last part wasn't for you Ava, I like that Z.

ahaha preciate it. but yeah i hear what you're saying. i can't stand getting blinded by that shit at night.

DeeAOne
03-27-2010, 02:23 AM
There are new cars out now with oem lights that are just as blinding. Hid or not.

Terror
03-27-2010, 02:26 AM
adjustment screws, some people dont know what they are apparently...

alpine_aw11
03-27-2010, 04:07 PM
the change bomb is kinda childish of you IMO. if you dont like then oh well deal with it just like every body else has to. i know if some1 change bombed me or threw anything at my car for that matter, i'd get their tag and call the popo on their ass. and you say "POS hondas" like all of them are. if you have money to buy yourself a nice car then ok, but that doesnt give you the right to call all hondas POS's. and your only 19 yourself so either you must have a a really good job to have yourself a nice car or some parents with money. just my :2cents:

I don't drive a fuckin Bentley. I drive a very clean DSM in good condition, that I happened to buy myself. And I don't give a shit what anyone says about the change bomb, these douchebags deserve it. And you're definitely dumb because I never said anything close to all Hondas are POS's. But if someone does buy a POS Honda, for some odd reason HID's are just so fucking necessary. I guess if you have shitty blue lights that blind the fuck out of everyone it makes you hot shit at the V meets or something.

oneSLOWex
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
LOL you are gonna get your ass arrested or shot doing shit like that. Yes stupid blue headlights are blinding when people don't take the time to adjust them, but you still shouldn't act like a child and chase people down to throw change.

Oh, and if they are not pointed up in the air and aimed at the road...you can see better with HIDs than regular bulbs as long as the color isn't above 5500 - 6k.

alpine_aw11
03-27-2010, 04:13 PM
They're acting like children. OMFG THESE MOTHERFUCKING LIGHTS ARE SO COOL EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE BLINDED BY MY HOT SHIT BLUE ASS FUCKING LIGHTS. THESE BITCHES WERE 50 BUCKS OVERNIGHT FROM JAPAN ASSHOLE!

Seriously, I do not care about these people.

SlowEG9
03-27-2010, 04:13 PM

you would call the cops for having illegal headlights in YOUR car?

oneSLOWex
03-27-2010, 04:14 PM
They're acting like children. OMFG THESE MOTHERFUCKING LIGHTS ARE SO COOL EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE BLINDED BY MY HOT SHIT BLUE ASS FUCKING LIGHTS. THESE BITCHES WERE 50 BUCKS OVERNIGHT FROM JAPAN ASSHOLE!

Get mad and move on then if you "dont care". I have 5k HIDs in my reflector headlights and never get flashed or anything and ive seen my car driving down the road at night. Spending 5 minutes to aim your headlights makes a shit load of difference.

SlowEG9
03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
on the other hand, ive seen an assload of trucks with them lately that apparently feel the need to put them in fogs as well...even in daylight they are blinding as shit in a truck.

oneSLOWex
03-27-2010, 04:18 PM
on the other hand, ive seen an assload of trucks with them lately that apparently feel the need to put them in fogs as well...even in daylight they are blinding as shit in a truck.

That shit actually pisses me off...especially lifted trucks because no matter what they do the damn things are right in your eyes when you are coming at them.

TSiFTW
03-27-2010, 04:19 PM
No offense to you dude, I also drive a DSM 1g, so you should know there are no projector housing for my car. Yes I have HIDs but they are properly adjusted and do not blind you. Thing is though with as much money and hard work that is in my car now if anyone change bombed it I guarantee it would be the worst day of their life. Period

SlowEG9
03-27-2010, 04:22 PM
That shit actually pisses me off...especially lifted trucks because no matter what they do the damn things are right in your eyes when you are coming at them.

theres a lifted toyota tacoma and a few fords around here that i ALWAYS pass daily...

oneSLOWex
03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
theres a lifted toyota tacoma and a few fords around here that i ALWAYS pass daily...

There is a little group of lifted newer dodge trucks around here that still think HIDs are there to look cool and they rock the shit day and night. Makes me wish one of their shocks with blow out when they are going down the road.

whatever210
03-27-2010, 06:47 PM
wow. throw change at my car and trust me i will catch up or get close and you might find 40 cal bullet holes on your car/window. just sayin.

SeePlusPlus
03-27-2010, 07:50 PM
you're going to have a change bomb coming your way.

Ha brilliant! I'm partial to the qt drink bomb or a nice chick fil a sauce packet myself

alpine_aw11
03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
wow. throw change at my car and trust me i will catch up or get close and you might find 40 cal bullet holes on your car/window. just sayin.

If you're dumb enough to have shitty HID's that blind people, then I highly doubt you know what to do with a gun. Faggot ass e-thug.

Sunkenkarma
03-28-2010, 04:26 PM
If you're dumb enough to have shitty HID's that blind people, then I highly doubt you know what to do with a gun. Faggot ass e-thug.

So you are pissy because some guy had too bright of HID's, and decide to make a thread on importantatlanta? Especially since this topic has been covered too many times. And you dont associate DSMs with "POS Hondas"? They are in the same category bro, except hondas can actually stay POS's, DSMs just blow up.

alpine_aw11
03-28-2010, 04:37 PM
So you are pissy because some guy had too bright of HID's, and decide to make a thread on importantatlanta? Especially since this topic has been covered too many times. And you dont associate DSMs with "POS Hondas"? They are in the same category bro, except hondas can actually stay POS's, DSMs just blow up.

My DSM is perfectly reliable. Bro. I have to laugh at you talking shit about my 6 bolt when you have a rotary. And that last sentence was just generally retarded. You must have some faggoty 10ks in your car or something.

Sunkenkarma
03-28-2010, 05:20 PM
My DSM is perfectly reliable. Bro. I have to laugh at you talking shit about my 6 bolt when you have a rotary. And that last sentence was just generally retarded. You must have some faggoty 10ks in your car or something.

I wasnt talking shit about "your" Dsm, Just the dsm Reliability as a whole, and I dont need to put HIDs in my car, they are bright enough stock. I didnt know DSM's has a better track record than rotarys with reliability, lulz. I was simply trying to figure out why you must rant about shitty cars with HIDs, Im in part agreeing with you, it pisses me off just as much. I dont know if I would go through the trouble of "Following" a ricer, and then ricer flybying them and throwing change, haha.

whatever210
03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
lol your more than welcome to find out. turst me its not e-thugin....its truth.

alpine_aw11
03-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I wasnt talking shit about "your" Dsm, Just the dsm Reliability as a whole, and I dont need to put HIDs in my car, they are bright enough stock. I didnt know DSM's has a better track record than rotarys with reliability, lulz. I was simply trying to figure out why you must rant about shitty cars with HIDs, Im in part agreeing with you, it pisses me off just as much. I dont know if I would go through the trouble of "Following" a ricer, and then ricer flybying them and throwing change, haha.

I can only take being blinded and almost run off the road so many times before I get angry and take action.

alpine_aw11
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
AND OMG LOL IM GONNA GET SHOT

whatever210
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
AND OMG LOL IM GONNA GET SHOT
as long as you know. dont do dumb shit and you wont have to worry about it

KevinT707
03-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I do realize that I am guilty of the 'HID in halogen lamp' thing and I promise that I will retrofit them once I get a job mmKthx

alpine_aw11
03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
I do realize that I am guilty of the 'HID in halogen lamp' thing and I promise that I will retrofit them once I get a job mmKthx

If you don't have a job you should have spent the money on something that will actually benefit your car. If your wheels are legit then your point is invalid as well.

claybird
03-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Well the only reason I posted this was because of what happened to me last night. Some guy in an Accord came over a Hill going towards me, and I just got blinded by shitty looking blue light because god forbid a ricer having headlights that actually work properly. So I turned around and followed him, turns out its just some complete shitbox. Probably worth 300 bucks. So I threw a handful of change at his busted ass piece of shit and passed him because his car was so slow he would never catch me.

So just to warn you, if I happen to be one of the people you blind in your POS with your POS HID's you're going to have a change bomb coming your way.

Putting a suspension and headlights are th first thing u should do! I have green HID's. If you throw a change bomb at me, no police will be involved until the ambulance gets there! But srsly, im really immature and CHANGE BOMb IS FUCKING HILARIOUS! LOLOLOLOL i love doing this shit.

DriVaH
03-29-2010, 11:15 AM
lol @ piece of shit hondas.... love the generalization.

C-loS109
03-29-2010, 12:05 PM
damn i also too see Toyota, Nissan, old school beamers and many other makes with non projector HIDs and it always comes down to the Honda. i missed the part where you paid for all those pos hondas ur talking about and im sure u didnt so shut the fuck up about what a person does to their car. so go cry to your mom ... cause i had a civic with HIDs and if i still had it it would still have the 50 dollar overnight from japan HIDs cause its what i liked. so like i said go cry to your mom or something. k?

ilovemyhonda.
03-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Throw change at my car and see what happens. That is worse then you getting blinded with HIDs. If it is really bothering you that bad, why not get there tag and report it to the police? Whatever the case may be, I hope you learn your lesson for throwing change bombs, dumb fuck! I agree with Carlos. Not only Honda's have this done, just so happens it was an Accord who blinded you. I have never been flashed at or received any complaints so I will continue to keep my HIDs.

DriVaH
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Throw change at my car and see what happens. That is worse then you getting blinded with HIDs. If it is really bothering you that bad, why not get there tag and report it to the police? Whatever the case may be, I hope you learn your lesson for throwing change bombs, dumb fuck! I agree with Carlos. Not only Honda's have this done, just so happens it was an Accord who blinded you. I have never been flashed at or received any complaints so I will continue to keep my HIDs.i didn't wanna say anything bout the change bomb... i just wish a fucker would.

alpine_aw11
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
You guys are so fucking dense it's unbelievable, I added imports in general after Hondas. And I specified POS Hondas, I didn't say all Hondas are POS's. Did any of you fuckbags graduate high school? But Honda owners tend to be the dumbest, so that's where it's most common. Stupid crybaby cunts. Reading these replies made me feel like I was in a room with hundreds of chinese infants having their intestines ripped out.

Sunkenkarma
03-29-2010, 04:45 PM
You guys are so fucking dense it's unbelievable, I added imports in general after Hondas. And I specified POS Hondas, I didn't say all Hondas are POS's. Did any of you fuckbags graduate high school? But Honda owners tend to be the dumbest, so that's where it's most common. Stupid crybaby cunts. Reading these replies made me feel like I was in a room with hundreds of chinese infants having their intestines ripped out.

If anyone, your the crybaby. Making a useless thread, crying about some ricer that blinded you with his lights, people will probally read this and go buy HIDs just to piss you off, and to talk about graduating Highschool, wasn't that like a year ago for you? XD:thinking:

-EnVus-
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
There are new cars out now with oem lights that are just as blinding. Hid or not.
This.....
I hate that shit to and i don't rock them but its more about the right adjustment IMO

bdydrpdmazda
03-29-2010, 05:00 PM
The STi has a knob on the dash you turn and it moves the headlights up and down to avoid blinding people with the HIDs...

tdurr
03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
The STi has a knob on the dash you turn and it moves the headlights up and down to avoid blinding people with the HIDs...

thats pretty cool.

but op, ur a bitch. go bitch some where else. kthxbai.

e30pwr
03-29-2010, 06:48 PM

lulz, i share your hatred but i dont get sand in my vagina over it. lol

TougeGTR-33
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM

this

alpine_aw11
03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I just want someone to explain why it's ok for someone to have HID's that put people who do real work on their cars in danger. I literally almost totalled my car that night, it wasn't like oh no I can't see for half a second! It doesn't matter how you aim them in your stock halogen housings, it's going to light the fucking trees up more than the road. When some jackass ricer almost sends you off the road, you will understand.

I would like to thank all the idiots that got so butthurt for making me laugh.

TicketRedBB6
03-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Were they high beam HIDs or something? I've had all kinds of vehicles drive pass me and behind me with HIDs. Yeah, it's normally annoying, but never even been close to me almost totalling my car over. It really sucks when its a lifted truck with HID fogs and lights, right at your eye level if you're in a car. But still, I wasnt about to wreck or risk my life, getting a ticket, or jail time just to throw change at them either.

antiv6
03-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Hids dont really bother me, i dont think its the brightness that blinds people but the blue color makes you kind of stare at the light since its different, then it hurts your eyes since your focusing on it. Trucks in general are annoying if they are behind you and you don't have window tint.

cwhiteboy
03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Man, i'm with you 100%. At least once a week on my ride home from Marrietta, some A-hole has some improperly installed HID's in there car. They are an extreme road hazard, and they fucking know it! There is no way they can't! And you're right, most hondas are pieces of shit. People on here are taking what your saying the complete wrong way, and personally. But then again, it is an internet forum.

tnomud
03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Let me explain this as quickly and easily as possible, since I know the topic well. You entire headlight is designed to have a filiment on a bulb in a very specific location. If it is even .1mm off, you beam can be off by 10 feet down the road, or you can loose up to 50% of you usable light.

Now, an HID capsule has no filiment, it has a bubble with halides and salts in it. This bubble is about 8 times the volume/reality of the filiment it is replacing. If the light is designed for halogen, and you used an HID capsule in its place, you are completely ruining the optics of the light. It might appear brigher looking at it, and might appear brighter against your garage door, but 200 ft down the road you have about half the output of your halogen bulb.

Now, headlights designed to be HID are a whole different story. Also, those re-based capsules are running 25K volts through an unshielded cable. This is a fire hazard and an RF nightmare. :no:

Elbow
03-29-2010, 10:21 PM
If you blind me, I drive towards you. I won't be the one crashing, if I DO crash it's because I hit you head on. I'm not exaggerating either.

-EnVus-
03-29-2010, 10:24 PM

If you blind me, I drive towards you. I won't be the one crashing, if I DO crash it's because I hit you head on. I'm not exaggerating either.

Dont challenge another car in head to head collision with the mr2 you will lose simon :(

Elbow
03-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Dont challenge another car in head to head collision with the mr2 you will lose simon :(

No I won't they will ramp over me.

I don't care, if I destroy their car I'm happy I've never cared about wrecking mine. lol

-EnVus-
03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
No I won't they will ramp over me.

I don't care, if I destroy their car I'm happy I've never cared about wrecking mine. lol

To bad destruction derby isnt a career path lol

alpine_aw11
03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Man, i'm with you 100%. At least once a week on my ride home from Marrietta, some A-hole has some improperly installed HID's in there car. They are an extreme road hazard, and they fucking know it! There is no way they can't! And you're right, most hondas are pieces of shit. People on here are taking what your saying the complete wrong way, and personally. But then again, it is an internet forum.

Oh.My.God.

Honda owners, take notes. Thank you sir.

9ussy
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Focus on the road and don't stare directly into the cars headlights. Keeps you from totaling your car! :goodjob:

Thread/

tdurr
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I just want someone to explain why it's ok for someone to have HID's that put people who do real work on their cars in danger. I literally almost totalled my car that night, it wasn't like oh no I can't see for half a second! It doesn't matter how you aim them in your stock halogen housings, it's going to light the fucking trees up more than the road. When some jackass ricer almost sends you off the road, you will understand.

I would like to thank all the idiots that got so butthurt for making me laugh.
fyi ur the butthurt one who came on IA ranted/bitched bout not being able to focus on the road for half a fucking second. Close ur eyes next time u see some HID's instead of looking into them that way you wont wreck because of the HIDs.

Were they high beam HIDs or something? I've had all kinds of vehicles drive pass me and behind me with HIDs. Yeah, it's normally annoying, but never even been close to me almost totalling my car over. It really sucks when its a lifted truck with HID fogs and lights, right at your eye level if you're in a car. But still, I wasnt about to wreck or risk my life, getting a ticket, or jail time just to throw change at them either.
reps. I have hid's in a E-code housing, I admit it does scatter a lot of light up and to the side but i can stand from 2ft-200ft in front of my car look at the windshield and not be blinded by the light at all. cresting a hill like the op said(i really forget) you will at some fucking point go across the others cars directed head light path regardless if they are HID's or not. Its fucking physics. Light travels in a straight fucking line, it doesn't curve so it could've been kid with a L.E.D flashlight cresting the hill at the same time, at some point both of yall are going to cross the path of each others lights.

Let me explain this as quickly and easily as possible, since I know the topic well. You entire headlight is designed to have a filiment on a bulb in a very specific location. If it is even .1mm off, you beam can be off by 10 feet down the road, or you can loose up to 50% of you usable light.

Now, an HID capsule has no filiment, it has a bubble with halides and salts in it. This bubble is about 8 times the volume/reality of the filiment it is replacing. If the light is designed for halogen, and you used an HID capsule in its place, you are completely ruining the optics of the light. It might appear brigher looking at it, and might appear brighter against your garage door, but 200 ft down the road you have about half the output of your halogen bulb.

Now, headlights designed to be HID are a whole different story. Also, those re-based capsules are running 25K volts through an unshielded cable. This is a fire hazard and an RF nightmare. :no:
its not a fire hazard by any means. You can get that bs outta here. You do make a good point, but keep your personal opinions out post that involve facts unless you state that "i think that..."
I personally have had 1 HID and halogen bulb in my car at the same time, i turned the lights on and wut do you know, my fucking HID sent a clear path of light down the road further the the Halogen bulb. It make it feel like i wasn't even using the halogen bulb. Do some trial's before you come and state what you "know" from reading online. In theory it would make the light output not correct but in practice it doesn't.

Focus on the road and don't stare directly into the cars headlights. Keeps you from totaling your car! :goodjob:

Thread/
haha. reps also.

im done posting in this dumb ass thread.

ilovemyhonda.
03-30-2010, 07:59 AM

Crybabies? Your the one who started the thread crying over an Accord with HIDs. Maybe if you knew how to drive you wouldn't have almost wrecked over headlights "blinding" you. Stop complaining, so many people have HIDs in oem housing. Get over it and deal with it like everyone else!

tnomud
03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
fyi ur the butthurt one who came on IA ranted/bitched bout not being able to focus on the road for half a fucking second. Close ur eyes next time u see some HID's instead of looking into them that way you wont wreck because of the HIDs.

reps. I have hid's in a E-code housing, I admit it does scatter a lot of light up and to the side but i can stand from 2ft-200ft in front of my car look at the windshield and not be blinded by the light at all. cresting a hill like the op said(i really forget) you will at some fucking point go across the others cars directed head light path regardless if they are HID's or not. Its fucking physics. Light travels in a straight fucking line, it doesn't curve so it could've been kid with a L.E.D flashlight cresting the hill at the same time, at some point both of yall are going to cross the path of each others lights.

its not a fire hazard by any means. You can get that bs outta here. You do make a good point, but keep your personal opinions out post that involve facts unless you state that "i think that..."
I personally have had 1 HID and halogen bulb in my car at the same time, i turned the lights on and wut do you know, my fucking HID sent a clear path of light down the road further the the Halogen bulb. It make it feel like i wasn't even using the halogen bulb. Do some trial's before you come and state what you "know" from reading online. In theory it would make the light output not correct but in practice it doesn't.

haha. reps also.

im done posting in this dumb ass thread.

I am an automotive engineer. My job is designing headlights for cars, amongst other things. I am also one of the fine individuals who works with SEMA and NHTSA on lighting standards in this country. I can back all my statements with documents. I can also prove all of your statements false with equipment. I have beamsetting equipment and light measuring equipment available at any time. If you want to bring you HID kit down here, I will gladly teach you a few things about your illegal lighting.

So, before you go running your mouth about things you do not understand, do your homework. There are folks on this website that know more that what you have learned on Honda-Tech and ricer.com over the last 6 months.

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 08:39 AM

So what you are saying is that you cant see as good with HIDs in headlights designed with halogen bulbs as you can with the halogen bulbs? If so, its completely false. I dont have one of those "blue" HID kits, mine are I believe 5000k so the light is almost white. I had the same HID in my car for almost 3 years until I hit this gigantic puddle the wrong way and somehow water got into the ballast...and well you can guess what happened. I had to put halogen bulbs in for about a week till I could afford a new kit. Driving the exact same roads at night as I did with the HID kit I felt like I was blind. Couldn't see near as well as I could with the HIDs whether it was raining or clear skies. I see that you are in this line of work and all...but have you ever owned an HID kit or driven a car that had a decent temp bulb? Hell I have even had the same year civic sitting side by side with mine at night on a completely dark street and the other cars lights may as well have been off.

MeFryRice
03-30-2010, 08:49 AM
^^ Trust me when I say this but tnomud knows what he is talking about. I know who he works for and his line of work and I can assure you that he is VERY knowledgeable when it comes to lighting.

As he had already mentioned, a reflector housing is made to work with a certain length bulb. If you've put an HID capsule and a halogen bulb next to eachother, you will see that the HID capsule is longer. Once you stick an HID capsule inside a reflector housing made for a halogen bulb, the light coming from the bulb will not reflect off the reflectors properly therefore dispersing light unevenly giving off a glare.

I'd be more then happy to line your car up with a beam-setter to show you how much more even the light is being dispersed with a halogen bulb than your Chinese made HID kit.

tnomud
03-30-2010, 08:53 AM
oneSLOWex: I am simply stating facts. I agree, they do appear brighter. If you take 2 identical headlights, lets say a 2000 Civic for example, and one with the stock bulb, one with an HID kit. The HID kit light will appear much brighter because its way more bright in close range. It has hot spots. But the light is absolutely everywhere. Further down the road, its WAY less light. You are fooled by what you see in the short range and by the color temperature.

Let me see if I have some charts that I can post without too much trouble....

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
BTW...what the funk kind of crap does the new prius have going on? I had one coming toward me the other night and that shit blinded me worse than HIDs. I assume they were not HIDs because they were a bit yellow looking but it was like a wall of light and I dont think they were on bright either.

MeFryRice
03-30-2010, 09:04 AM
The new Prius now has LED headlamps along with a couple models under the Lexus name brand. LED's is the next big thing in the automotive industry as they require less amp draw but has the capability of emitting the same amount of light as an HID. The life span of an LED is also longer as well.

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 09:05 AM
The new Prius now has LED headlamps along with a couple models under the Lexus name brand.

They are about as bad as these stupid lifted trucks with HID headlights and fogs.

MeFryRice
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Another thing we have to consider is most vehicles on the road have been in some sort of front collision and the body shops often times don't have a beam-setter to properly realign the headlights.

cwhiteboy
03-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Another thing we have to consider is most vehicles on the road have been in some sort of front collision and the body shops often times don't have a beam-setter to properly realign the headlights.

This is the worst. But its hard to blame the driver for this one. Lifted trucks annoy me as well, not so much that they are glaring, its when they know their doing it and trying to act like some asshole on the highway and ride my ass simply because i'm in a modded honda or BMW. For some reason people in trucks have authority issues, and love to fuck with people in smaller cars; my wife got in a really scary accident because of some douchebag in a truck trying to act like a hardass.

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 09:48 AM
This is the worst. But its hard to blame the driver for this one. Lifted trucks annoy me as well, not so much that they are glaring, its when they know their doing it and trying to act like some asshole on the highway and ride my ass simply because i'm in a modded honda or BMW. For some reason people in trucks have authority issues, and love to fuck with people in smaller cars; my wife got in a really scary accident because of some douchebag in a truck trying to act like a hardass.
Its a shame too because I like half the big ass trucks I see around...just hate the people driving them and they blue ass HIDs

Elbow
03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
BTW...what the funk kind of crap does the new prius have going on? I had one coming toward me the other night and that shit blinded me worse than HIDs. I assume they were not HIDs because they were a bit yellow looking but it was like a wall of light and I dont think they were on bright either.

That's actually a new mandated warning system the DOT required Toyota to do to all their models, if the lights reflect bright high beam blue the throttle is stuck, they will look as you explained if the car is functioning properly. This was done to prevent other motorists from getting in the way of a runaway Prius or other model.

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 11:21 AM
That's actually a new mandated warning system the DOT required Toyota to do to all their models, if the lights reflect bright high beam blue the throttle is stuck, they will look as you explained if the car is functioning properly. This was done to prevent other motorists from getting in the way of a runaway Prius or other model.

:lmfao: LOL wut

alpine_aw11
03-30-2010, 11:32 AM
LOL at whiny Honda drivers crying about their shitty HID's. And I cant drive? O rly? I didn't know I was staring into the headlights either, thanks for informing me. God damn you're all dumb as shit. All of you couldn't combine your intelligence to get a fucking GED if your life depended on it.

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 11:42 AM
LOL at whiny Honda drivers crying about their shitty HID's. And I cant drive? O rly? I didn't know I was staring into the headlights either, thanks for informing me. God damn you're all dumb as shit. All of you couldn't combine your intelligence to get a fucking GED if your life depended on it.
Says the guy who throws change at cars with bright headlights. Thats WAY more intelligent than any Honda driver could handle.

man
03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Wow, OP is a whiny bitch. I hope mommy and daddy don't read this, you might get grounded...

9ussy
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Its simple just dont stare in directly or in the direction of the headlights. Let off the gas and put two hands on the steering wheel if you cant handle your car on the road and then look at the road or the white line so you dont drive off the road with your DSM. Simple, easy, and common sense! :thinking: Try it! :yes:

Elbow
03-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Its simple just dont stare in directly or in the direction of the headlights. Let off the gas and put two hands on the steering wheel if you cant handle your car on the road and then look at the road or the white line so you dont drive off the road with your DSM. Simple, easy, and common sense! :thinking: Try it! :yes:

Really? I hope you're fucking kidding.

9ussy
03-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow, OP is a whiny bitch. I hope mommy and daddy don't read this, you might get grounded...

x2 Go cry to mommy and daddy right?

Elbow
03-30-2010, 12:36 PM
x2 Go cry to mommy and daddy right?

Let me guess, you have these homeless people lights on your car?

alpine_aw11
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
So I should just close my eyes while I'm taking a corner going 60? Seriously, this is ridiculous. Not one person in here has given a single valid response. So I'll keep crying to my parents until one of you can actually justify your gay ass headlights.

Elbow
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
So I should just close my eyes while I'm taking a corner going 60? Seriously, this is ridiculous. Not one person in here has given a single valid response. So I'll keep crying to my parents until one of you can actually justify your gay ass headlights.

You should. I mean is it too much to ask we endanger our lives for broke ass ricers?

MeFryRice
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Not one person in here has given a single valid response.

There have been plenty of valid responses, you're just not opening your eyes to read them.

alpine_aw11
03-30-2010, 01:43 PM
There have been plenty of valid responses, you're just not opening your eyes to read them.

If there is a good response actually supporting the use of these weak ass faggy headlights I'll kill myself. And no, it's not "Uhhh I aimeded mines in my rad Civic" or "Just deal with it because we drive Hondas and fuck you"

9ussy
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM

Focus your eyes on the road and not the bright light. That's all I'm saying.

9ussy
03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Really? I hope you're fucking kidding.

Nope, All you need to do is focus your eyes on the road or the white line and keep straight in your lane. I know the bright light will still somewhat be in your eyes but focusing on something else besides the headlights themselves will help. I'm just suggesting something he could do if this situation happens again.

Elbow
03-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Nope, All you need to do is focus your eyes on the road or the white line and keep straight in your lane. I know the bright light will still somewhat be in your eyes but focusing on something else besides the headlights themselves will help. I'm just suggesting something he could do if this situation happens again.

Yeah but the fact is nobody should have to compromise or even TRY something because of someone elses lack of money and retarded small brain.

9ussy
03-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah but the fact is nobody should have to compromise or even TRY something because of someone elses lack of money and retarded small brain.

Not everyone is born into a rich family, not everyone is financially stable, not everyone can afford the retrofit, not everyone has the knowledge to do the retrofit.

This situation is one that your going to have to stop whining about and deal with it. It's a newish trend that everyone is getting into. HID's are cheap and easy to install, and they some what help you see better at night. IMO

I understand how annoying bright ass HIDs are but i can deal with it. Worst is the the higher up sitting trucks with the HIDs. It's nothing that's going to kill me tho. lol..

ilovemyhonda.
03-30-2010, 02:50 PM
My valid repsonse:

They help me see better in the rain and at night time. I have to wear glasses which obviously means my vision isn't 100%, therefore these lights help me to see better by brightening up the road. Again, I have never had anyone complain or flash thier lights at me. I've been behind cops and passed cops going in the opposite direction. If they were truly that blinding, I am sure by now I would have been pulled over by a police officer. So really maybe you should stop staring directly into the headlights and stare at the road, try not focusing on the lights. I pass people everyday with HIDs. The only ones I have an issue with are trucks. As stated previously, some newer cars with oem factory headlights, have brighter lights that do actually blind me worse then HIDs ever have bothered me. Stop crying.

9ussy
03-30-2010, 03:02 PM
My valid repsonse:

They help me see better in the rain and at night time. I have to wear glasses which obviously means my vision is 100%, therefore these lights help me to see better by brightening up the road. Again, I have never had anyone complain or flash thier lights at me. I've been behind cops and passed cops going in the opposite direction. If they were truly that blinding, I am sure by now I would have been pulled over by a police officer. So really maybe you should stop staring directly into the headlights and stare at the road, try not focusing on the lights. I pass people everyday with HIDs. The only ones I have an issue with are trucks. As stated previously, some newer cars with oem factory headlights, have brighter lights that do actually blind me worse then HIDs ever have bothered me. Stop crying.

x2 exactly what i've been trying to say.

ilovemyhonda.
03-30-2010, 03:06 PM
:bump::bump::bump:

Cry babies for the loss!

Elbow
03-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Not everyone is born into a rich family, not everyone is financially stable, not everyone can afford the retrofit, not everyone has the knowledge to do the retrofit.

This situation is one that your going to have to stop whining about and deal with it. It's a newish trend that everyone is getting into. HID's are cheap and easy to install, and they some what help you see better at night. IMO

I understand how annoying bright ass HIDs are but i can deal with it. Worst is the the higher up sitting trucks with the HIDs. It's nothing that's going to kill me tho. lol..

THEN DON'T USE THEM IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DO IT RIGHT. PRETTY DAMN SIMPLE.

Honestly I've only had an issue with jacked up trucks that use them, cars don't really bother me, I've never been the one to complain about this I just think your reasoning is stupid.

oneSLOWex
03-30-2010, 03:11 PM
We should make a thread crying about people crying.

ilovemyhonda.
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
and to add to my valid response:

you say HIDs are dangerous, throwing change bombs, street racing, running red lights, tail-gating, cutting people off, speeding, brake checking (and the list can go on) are all dangerous to, but people will forever continue to do these things..well change bombs, I think you are the 2nd person in my life that I've heard having such an immature reaction.

Elbow
03-30-2010, 03:18 PM
and to add to my valid response:

you say HIDs are dangerous, throwing change bombs, street racing, running red lights, tail-gating, cutting people off, speeding, brake checking (and the list can go on) are all dangerous to, but people will forever continue to do these things..well change bombs I think you are the 2nd person in my life that I've heard having such a immature reaction.

At least you didn't think my way of running straight at them was bad.

I do it too...lol. I can't see, so why not use all the road!?

ilovemyhonda.
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
At least you didn't think my way of running straight at them was bad.

I do it too...lol. I can't see, so why not use all the road!?

Your reaction is retarded. I don't wanna play chicken with you. Use all the road if you want to, just make sure you aren't near me when you do it. As I said, if I get complaints, flashed at, pulled over or something of that sort, I will spend money and do it the right way. Until then, my lights have bothered anyone to the point of them taking action and they benefit my vision at night especially so why would I get rid of them and have a hard time seeing again at night? I won't, espcially because I haven't come into contact with someone who has a problem with them.

9ussy
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
THEN DON'T USE THEM IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DO IT RIGHT. PRETTY DAMN SIMPLE.

Honestly I've only had an issue with jacked up trucks that use them, cars don't really bother me, I've never been the one to complain about this I just think your reasoning is stupid.

I understand totally what your saying. But like i said HIDs are CHEAP and EASY to install. Thats why people do it to SAVE money for those who can't AFFORD the real thing. PRETTY DAMN SIMPLE. :yes:

But your complaining saying all this about HIDs why we shouldn't do this and that b/c someone elses cant afford the real thing. But then again your contradicting yourself saying your not complaining about this in QUOTE :lmfao:..

But then again i guess my reasoning is stupid. :thinking:

ilovemyhonda.
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
OP finally power washed the sand outta his vag???

allmotorEJ8
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM

I do this all the time when it's raining since light glares off the road too. The white line is helpful.

But on another note, get over it man. There's nothing you can do to change what lights people put in there cars.

tdurr
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
OP finally power washed the sand outta his vag???

rofl.

hadouken
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
lol @ thread

to the op..

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/tueyy/3213123621_c1767aa5b1.jpg

this^^

4DrTeg
03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
^...LOL REPS

but on another note, stop crying sheesh how old are you again? the change bomb? im pretty sure thats worse than HIDs

tnomud
03-31-2010, 06:03 AM
I do this all the time when it's raining since light glares off the road too. The white line is helpful.

But on another note, get over it man. There's nothing you can do to change what lights people put in there cars.

Actually, the number one "reason for stop" that ends in DUI in this country is leaving high beams on. NHTSA is training law enforcement at a state level right now on illegal lighting. There is a fine of like $20K per occourance for selling HID's and they are going to start trying to collect on it. It all comes down to money. NHTSA declared these kits illegal in 2003 and have the abiility to influence other programs on a state level. NHTSA is dedicated to stopping the use of these kits and working hard to stop it now. This is old news.

Now, being in the lighting industry, I hear all Kinds of wierd stories. In some places you will get a hammer hit (u get followed) or bullet for not turning off your brights.:thinking:

Another thought to remember: By using these kits, you are KNOWINGLY making your car illegal and offensive to others on the road. If you are to cause and accident, you are liable, just like if you are running e-code taillights. IE: somone coming the other direction at a stoplight hits you and says they were blinded by your lights..........it's on you.:goodjob:

Gutling
03-31-2010, 06:24 AM
Cars don't bother me as much, but lifted trucks do. Some of them around here I literally can't see for a few seconds. When they are behind me I just have to pull over, and if they are a dick and tailgating me they get a break check. I agree completely with the op on people should not have hids in regular headlights. Do it right or don't do it. All the people talking about he is whining, you are whining just as bad trying to support it. He is not against hids, he is against ghetto-crap rigged hids. You can't support half-assing something.

ilovemyhonda.
03-31-2010, 07:29 AM
I understand where the OP is coming from, however not every car is the same and not every car projects light exactly the same, so one car might have HIDs in there regular housing and it could be really bothersome and another car might have HIDs in there regular housing and it may not bother anyone. You can't treat every car the same. To go back to the point of being illegal, there are so many things people do and will do to there car or do while driving there car that is beyond illegal, but people are still going to do it. You can change the what people want to do or want to do to there cars. If it is truly illegal, then eventually I am sure it will catch up to everyone in some way. Whether it be getting pulled over by the cops or whatever the case may be. I myself have not heard of any accident being caused by a person with HIDs in there regular headlight housing. To each there own. Stop bitching about what people do to there cars.

tnomud
03-31-2010, 08:12 AM
It's such a retarded debate anyways. Leave the headlights alone anf let them work as they were designed (by thousands of engineers who know WAY more about cars than you do). Go get a good set of driving lights and do it right. A good set of driving lights are under $100. You will have 10X the light at 500 feet, even with a 55W H3. HID kits are the lazy way to go.

oneSLOWex
03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
REALLY REALLY considering doing a retrofit to get that extra crispy cutoff. Just gotta find a cheap set of stock headlights cause I cant cut up my CTR headlights.

Who wants to aim them for me when I get done? :D

MeFryRice
03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
REALLY REALLY considering doing a retrofit to get that extra crispy cutoff. Just gotta find a cheap set of stock headlights cause I cant cut up my CTR headlights.

Who wants to aim them for me when I get done? :D

In regards to the projector, see if you can find a set of projectors out of an Infiniti FX.
If you didn't live in TN, I'd help you align them.

oneSLOWex
03-31-2010, 09:09 AM
In regards to the projector, see if you can find a set of projectors out of an Infiniti FX.
If you didn't live in TN, I'd help you align them.

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=178&osCsid=a5e9089bbaf40989b16e8e233bffeb15

I can use the ballasts I already have with that kit and it seems like a good price.

MeFryRice
03-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Not too bad priced considering it's a whole kit. :goodjob:

tnomud
03-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I have a beamsetter and optics equipment too if you come this way............

oneSLOWex
03-31-2010, 09:36 AM
I have a beamsetter and optics equipment too if you come this way............

If you wouldn't mind helping that would be awesome...its gonna be a couple weeks or so before I can get everything together and get it all done. Gonna take my time so it gets done right.

allmotorEJ8
03-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Actually, the number one "reason for stop" that ends in DUI in this country is leaving high beams on. NHTSA is training law enforcement at a state level right now on illegal lighting. There is a fine of like $20K per occourance for selling HID's and they are going to start trying to collect on it. It all comes down to money. NHTSA declared these kits illegal in 2003 and have the abiility to influence other programs on a state level. NHTSA is dedicated to stopping the use of these kits and working hard to stop it now. This is old news.

Now, being in the lighting industry, I hear all Kinds of wierd stories. In some places you will get a hammer hit (u get followed) or bullet for not turning off your brights.:thinking:

Another thought to remember: By using these kits, you are KNOWINGLY making your car illegal and offensive to others on the road. If you are to cause and accident, you are liable, just like if you are running e-code taillights. IE: somone coming the other direction at a stoplight hits you and says they were blinded by your lights..........it's on you.:goodjob:

When did I say anything about brights or whether or not HID's are illegal? I simply told him to get over it and there's nothing HE could do to stop what people do to their cars. I can't wait for the story about him getting his young punk ass beat for throwing change at someone's car.

HypnoToad
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I cant stand HIDs in old cars,I'm very happy for you that you can see better and now I have to stare at the side of the road till you pass.

I cant remember being blinded by old style bulbs,but I have many times with HIDs,I think cops should give tickets for that shit.

87 Turbo II
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Even stock halogens look bright to me. I don't know if it's my eyes, or how low the Rx-7 sits, but I've just grown used to having to look at the edge of the road when driving. Yeah, bright illegal HIDs piss me off, and lifted trucks do too, but I just give them a quick flash of my high beams to let them know it is a problem giving them the benefit of the doubt that they don't know it's blinding. I mean, I certainly think throwing change is a bit immature, but I see why you're frustrated. Just try handling it like an adult, and do your best to maintain control of the vehicle. Good luck with the aggression it gives you, that I have no advice on.

allmotorEJ8
03-31-2010, 01:48 PM
I think cops should give tickets for that shit.

I have too been blinded by HID's, but these are the only people who can try to stop them from being put into cars. I have never even thought about throwing anything at someone's car over it or acting like a complete idiot because of it.

ilovemyhonda.
03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
new topic: how about the weather?? hot as fuuucccccckk!

HypnoToad
03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
I have too been blinded by HID's, but these are the only people who can try to stop them from being put into cars. I have never even thought about throwing anything at someone's car over it or acting like a complete idiot because of it.

nah,only thing I've ever done is shot a bird at em. And then they just have a clueless look on thier face,like why did that guy shoot me a bird?

MeFryRice
03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
,I think cops should give tickets for that shit.

If I were a LEO, you bet your ass that I'd be writing tickets all day long for this.

ava_Z32
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I understand where the OP is coming from, however not every car is the same and not every car projects light exactly the same, so one car might have HIDs in there regular housing and it could be really bothersome and another car might have HIDs in there regular housing and it may not bother anyone. You can't treat every car the same. To go back to the point of being illegal, there are so many things people do and will do to there car or do while driving there car that is beyond illegal, but people are still going to do it. You can change the what people want to do or want to do to there cars. If it is truly illegal, then eventually I am sure it will catch up to everyone in some way. Whether it be getting pulled over by the cops or whatever the case may be. I myself have not heard of any accident being caused by a person with HIDs in there regular headlight housing. To each there own. Stop bitching about what people do to there cars.

this is like the third time i've seen you use this argument of "people are gonna do a bunch of other illegal shit anyways so why not do this too" or whatever it is. you're right, but that doesn't make it okay to say well, hell i've already got illegal ass tint on my car, non amber turn signals, noisey exhaust, etc etc etc, i might as well put on stupid bright head lights. i agree that it's different for ever car, and the kits are different, but i PERSONALLY have almost driven off the road cause some fucking integra was coming at me an LITERALLY all i could see where his HIDs i tried staring at the white line on my side of the road, and i couldn't even do that. and i have perfect vision. no contacts no glasses no lasik nothing. i mean if someone brake checks me, that's my fault for folllowing too closely, if someone cuts me off, i can get their tag etc, but if i run off the road and total my car in a ditch because i was blinded by somebody's HID's who doesn't know how to manage their money well enough to SAVE up and do it CORRECTLY, blinded me and ran me off the road, i'm fucked, because there's a 99% chance i won't be able to get their tag or anything. i mean if you can't afford to do HID's correctly in your car you shouldn't be spending the money on them in the first place cause clearly you're fucking broke and probably have better things to spend your money on. doing it right is not THAT expensive. i'm sick of seeing a bunch of half assed shit, because people get their panty's in a bunch and can't possibly wait one more pay check to have enough money to do something right. they've gotta do it RIGHT THIS SECOND.

ilovemyhonda.
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
this is like the third time i've seen you use this argument of "people are gonna do a bunch of other illegal shit anyways so why not do this too" or whatever it is. you're right, but that doesn't make it okay to say well, hell i've already got illegal ass tint on my car, non amber turn signals, noisey exhaust, etc etc etc, i might as well put on stupid bright head lights. i agree that it's different for ever car, and the kits are different, but i PERSONALLY have almost driven off the road cause some fucking integra was coming at me an LITERALLY all i could see where his HIDs i tried staring at the white line on my side of the road, and i couldn't even do that. and i have perfect vision. no contacts no glasses no lasik nothing. i mean if someone brake checks me, that's my fault for folllowing too closely, if someone cuts me off, i can get their tag etc, but if i run off the road and total my car in a ditch because i was blinded by somebody's HID's who doesn't know how to manage their money well enough to SAVE up and do it CORRECTLY, blinded me and ran me off the road, i'm fucked, because there's a 99% chance i won't be able to get their tag or anything. i mean if you can't afford to do HID's correctly in your car you shouldn't be spending the money on them in the first place cause clearly you're fucking broke and probably have better things to spend your money on. doing it right is not THAT expensive. i'm sick of seeing a bunch of half assed shit, because people get their panty's in a bunch and can't possibly wait one more pay check to have enough money to do something right. they've gotta do it RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Okay so it was part of my argument and is valid. If someone cuts me off and I hit them it should be there faults if I don't have anywhere to go or enough time to not run into the back of them or brake checks me and I wreck my car, because they wanted to be a dumbass, they are doing something illegal and could cause danger to other drivers. Just as HIDs can "blind" someone and cause them to wreck. I didn't do it the right way, because I don't have the money, but because as I stated previously numerous amount of times, I have NOT had any other problems with any other drivers on the road. If I start having problems, then I will go back and redo them. What about someone with illegal tint. If you can't see them through the tint and they pull out a gun, it could be to late to do anything about it and you could be dead. Just throwing out scenarios that could happen with other things that are illegal that people can and do. I got my HIDs to help me see better, not to be cool and join the fad. Just because this is Importatlanta and a lot of people in GA are on this site and a bunch of people have HIDs, doesn't mean someone can come on here, complain and everyone is going to run out and correct it. What I am trying to say is, no one is going to change something just because one person complains about it. I can't make the OP not throw change bombs at people for having HIDs and that is illegal and dangerous just as well. You can't stop people from doing things they want to do, whether they are doing it the right way or the wrong way. Deal with it, strangers who have nothing to do with the car scene deal with people who have HIDs so people in the car scene should deal with it to. Also, as I and a few others stated, there are some new cars with oem headlights, correct housing and all that a far worse blinding when I pass them then HIDs, but that's legal, so if I wreck my car because of that, what happens then??

It also depends which K HIDs you put on your car..some are worse then others...

allmotorEJ8
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Okay so it was part of my argument and is valid. If someone cuts me off and I hit them it should be there faults if I don't have anywhere to go or enough time to not run into the back of them or brake checks me and I wreck my car, because they wanted to be a dumbass, they are doing something illegal and could cause danger to other drivers. Just as HIDs can "blind" someone and cause them to wreck. I didn't do it the right way, because I don't have the money, but because as I stated previously numerous amount of times, I have NOT had any other problems with any other drivers on the road. If I start having problems, then I will go back and redo them. What about someone with illegal tint. If you can't see them through the tint and they pull out a gun, it could be to late to do anything about it and you could be dead. Just throwing out scenarios that could happen with other things that are illegal that people can and do. I got my HIDs to help me see better, not to be cool and join the fad. Just because this is Importatlanta and a lot of people in GA are on this site and a bunch of people have HIDs, doesn't mean someone can come on here, complain and everyone is going to run out and correct it. What I am trying to say is, no one is going to change something just because one person complains about it. I can't make the OP not throw change bombs at people for having HIDs and that is illegal and dangerous just as well. You can't stop people from doing things they want to do, whether they are doing it the right way or the wrong way. Deal with it, strangers who have nothing to do with the car scene deal with people who have HIDs so people in the car scene should deal with it to. Also, as I and a few others stated, there are some new cars with oem headlights, correct housing and all that a far worse blinding when I pass them then HIDs, but that's legal, so if I wreck my car because of that, what happens then??

/thread.

ava_Z32
03-31-2010, 05:16 PM

my comment was not directed at you or your HID's everything i'm saying is directed at people that have blinding shit. as far as brake checking goes, i'll admit i do that when people crawl up my ass. it pisses me off but i just tap my brakes so the brake lights come on and scare the people behind me. i don't actually slam on my breaks and cause them to swerve or whatever, and if someone brake checks you, and you hit them it's your fault because you should not have been following to closely. think about it, if they actually HAD to slam on their brakes because of something infront of them, you would plow right into them and it would be your fault. but that's all irrelevant. the topic at hand is overly bright HID's. tint, cutting people off, tailgating etc has nothing to do with it, and is not a valid arguement or point when discussing headlights. hell i probably shouldn't even have said anything about them in the first place. and i'm not saying that me sitting on the computer talking about how irritating incorrectly installed HID's are is going to change anything, i don't expect it to. i'm meerley expressing my opinion, which is what this forum is for. but if you have not had any problems or complaints about yours, then i have absolutely no issue with you running them however you please and you should do be able to do so.

JdM_EJ2
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM

apparently you do since you made a thread about it.
deal with it...its not like you stare at them for hours its a couple of sec.

fivex684
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I bet I blinded every one of you when I left the Athens meet the other night. I also drove by again after going to Zaxbys did any cars wreck going the opisite direction of me?
"OH NO HE HAS HID'S WERE ALL GOING TO WRECK AND DIE!"

tnomud
04-03-2010, 10:30 PM
At the end of the day, an H4 halogen 55W bulb in a headlight designed for an H4 will have WAY more light in the correct spot down the road than any shitty re-based HID kit in the same lamp...... PERIOD. So, you irritate the fuck out of everyone else on the road, so you can have more light on the tree branches, front porches, and 30 foot in front of the car. Way to go.....:goodjob:

I design lights for a living. DO you knwo what setups I have in my cars:

53 BelAir: 7" ECE's with 55W H4's
dually: Stock headlights, stock bulbs
civic: 55W H4's
M3: Stock adaptive bi-xenons

Why? Because it puts the MOST light on the road where it belongs. The thousands of engineers that designed your cars usually know best.:yes:

For those who like like to understand why this is, here is a good read:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

tdurr
04-04-2010, 03:58 AM
okay im going against my last post. i just saw the shit u posted and had to correct you again. While it might have "more" light in the correct spot the overall visibility of the whole road wont be nearly as good as HID's. again, you are posting facts I do admit that, but like i said before on paper it seems like hid's in non projector housings would blow cock, but in practice they dont.

I have had 4 different types of headlight combos in my car and after switching to HID's in my e code housings I will always have HID's in what ever car I own. I have had your basic autozone wrangler housing(i have pop ups in the accord), then i got the sylvania(sp) "performance" lights, then the E-codes offline with some random brand of H4 bulbs, then I installed 8k HID's in the E-codes. It still throws WAYYY more light to the right side of the road to see ppl walking/bikes like they are designed, and have only been flashed when me and another car were cresting a hill, we blinded each other and the just flicked them for half a second.

Now I will admit there are some set ups out there they just throw light everywhere. I've ridden in a few cars like that and just shook my head. The point of this rant is; If you put HID's in a high quality housing then you should get a good enough light output that will work better then shitty halogen bulbs.

tnomud
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM
okay im going against my last post. i just saw the shit u posted and had to correct you again. While it might have "more" light in the correct spot the overall visibility of the whole road wont be nearly as good as HID's. again, you are posting facts I do admit that, but like i said before on paper it seems like hid's in non projector housings would blow cock, but in practice they dont.

I have had 4 different types of headlight combos in my car and after switching to HID's in my e code housings I will always have HID's in what ever car I own. I have had your basic autozone wrangler housing(i have pop ups in the accord), then i got the sylvania(sp) "performance" lights, then the E-codes offline with some random brand of H4 bulbs, then I installed 8k HID's in the E-codes. It still throws WAYYY more light to the right side of the road to see ppl walking/bikes like they are designed, and have only been flashed when me and another car were cresting a hill, we blinded each other and the just flicked them for half a second.

Now I will admit there are some set ups out there they just throw light everywhere. I've ridden in a few cars like that and just shook my head. The point of this rant is; If you put HID's in a high quality housing then you should get a good enough light output that will work better then shitty halogen bulbs.

Anytime you want to bring your car to our office, I will gladly roll out a beamsetter and optics equipment and prove you wrong. Your car uses a 200MM sealed beam. I will put $100 on it that a 55W ECE H4 200mm lamp will put out more light at 350 feet that it will with an HID lamp.

XanRules
04-05-2010, 10:53 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Epic-Beard-Man/ImageMacro/733473/Epic%20Beard%20Man%20-%20I%20dont%20give%20a%20damn%20that%20you%20adjus ted%20or%20say%20they%20dont%20blind%20people%20HI Ds%20in%20halogen%20headlights%20piss%20me%20off.j pg

tnomud
04-06-2010, 08:35 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Epic-Beard-Man/ImageMacro/733473/Epic%20Beard%20Man%20-%20I%20dont%20give%20a%20damn%20that%20you%20adjus ted%20or%20say%20they%20dont%20blind%20people%20HI Ds%20in%20halogen%20headlights%20piss%20me%20off.j pg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/tnomud/funny/wrong9.jpg

tK FuRy
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I haz HIDs in my reflector housing! ... :p, I guess that means Lexus was doing it wrong... ohhh wait I haz AHL ---- also :p

tnomud
04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I haz HIDs in my reflector housing! ... :p, I guess that means Lexus was doing it wrong... ohhh wait I haz AHL ---- also :p

That is because there ARE FF technology lights designed for HID's, the reflector is designed for the capsules light output in that alignment. Lincoln did it before Lexus....

quickdodgeŽ
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM

You won't do a thing.

I do have to agree with the smart, level-headed people in this thread that this "change bomb" shit is very immature, childish, stupid and dangerous. Why would you risk possibly killing someone because of bright lights? You ready to go to jail for a spell over that? What will you tell the judge in your defense? That you were blinded by their headlights so you turned around and threw a handful of change at them. Come on, dude. I can understand your frustration in this as I see it too, but to do something that stupid in retaliation is really immature and not so smart. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
lulz I never threw change at anyone's car for HID's. I only did that to someone that really almost totalled my car once. I knew people would just come in here all like "OMGZ MAN FUCK YOU MY LIGHTS ARE BALLIN" so I decided to have a little fun....sorry lol. But not really. You're all fucking dumb.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2010, 01:46 PM
lulz I never threw change at anyone's car for HID's. I only did that to someone that really almost totalled my car once. I knew people would just come in here all like "OMGZ MAN FUCK YOU MY LIGHTS ARE BALLIN" so I decided to have a little fun....sorry lol. But not really. You're all fucking dumb.

So this whole "story" never happened?

And if the "story" did happen, how am I "dumb" because I have common sense? Later, QD.

Total_Blender
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
I do have to agree with the smart, level-headed people in this thread that this "change bomb" shit is very immature, childish, stupid and dangerous. Why would you risk possibly killing someone because of bright lights? .

I agree that the change bomb is immature and dangerous, but its at least equally as dangerous as blinding other drivers with the shitty mad tyte HID's in regular headlight housings.

I don't give a fuck how "mad hellaflush tyte" your car is, those drop-in HID kits put other drivers as risk, just like the shitty altezza taillights that fade out after a week and then people can't see your brakelights. :2up:

oneSLOWex
04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
I actually did throw change at someones car and thought I was a badass because of it so I made this thread. You guys have made me see that I am an idiot for doing this so I am going to try to cover it up and pretend none of this ever happened. Damn I am a fucking idiot guys.

Fixed.

DriVaH
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Fixed.this