PDA

View Full Version : Well here goes....

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 06:59 PM
****Sorry guys if I posted it in the wrong place****

Ok first off I am not making this thread to get attention nor am I bullshitting when I write any of this. Also, I am not asking anyone to make this choice for me, but just for my good friends and others to be supportive and give me some inputs.

Growing up since day one I have lived on a Military base and most of you know that my father, and two brothers were and still are in the Army. Wasn't just some enlisted guys who wanted to just get away from the parents or wanted a change, they wanted to the most dangeous jobs possible. My brother followed my dad's footsteps and went into DeltaForce and my younger brother just did active duty. Growing up around all this I have learned so much and many things were taught to me that I probably should of never found out about, but thats what you get when you have a crazy fam.

Since HS I have always wanted to enlist, but during the time being my father didn't want me to get involved in the Army, so I contiuned school. Now I just feel its time for me to go. I want to do this, but the only thing that I am scared of is leaving my fam, friends and everything and anything I know. Its a huge step but I am willing to do it. This isn't my escape to not attend GT, because I did get accepted and I will attend the school afterwards if I decide to go. As most of you know my father is going back to Iraq for a good while. What happen to him the first time he was there I will never forget. It was hard enough concentrating on school knowing my best friend was across the world from me. Some of you might say that there could be a chance I wont go to Iraq. But picking a certain job I love and asking to be sent there I will be shipped out right after bootcamp. Of course I won't be stationed at the same base as my father over there, but knowing I am in the same country as him if something were to happen makes me feel so much better.

This isn't my final decision, but it has been on my mind for a long time. I just want to know what some of you think. You may think I am crazy and maybe I am, but I think overall I would come out of this strong and capable to do anything else. I guess you can say I am next in line to follow my dad's footsteps. Wish me luck if I go. Thanks.

Julio
11-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Tough shoes to be in.

If I was you I would not joined.

Everytime I hear you speak about your family I never read about your mother?

I would stay here with your mother.. I mean 2 of your brothers are in the military so is your dad.

I know this is hard to say..but imagine you loose all 3 of them due to war ( Hope It will never happen) But just incase.... What about your mother?

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
wanna know something. My mom is all for it. Shocking huh? She said she knew it would happen sooner or later. But i see what your saying.

A.P. Photography
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
I think it is awesome and if it is what you want to do then by all means go for it.

Kristi
11-02-2005, 07:08 PM
well good luck nickie with whatever you decide. follow your heart

Halfwit
11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
do what feels right...(probably doesnt help,but i dont know you,so i didnt want to get all intellectual,and actlike i understand ur feelings)

turbowrx
11-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Follow your gut. I've been aiming for the FBI for some time now and I am in line to leave next year. My choice puts me where I might not be able to tell family or friends where I am or even make a phone call for a long time. But the FBI has always been my dream. What is yours?

Ps. Every army needs good intel. Hey you never know.. maybe i'll see you in Iraq :goodjob:

Brett
11-02-2005, 07:14 PM
I think honestly it may do you some good to be honest. You seem to need the direction I think they can give you and make you focus on what your goals are. And you have way to much anger built up in you, I think joining the military and getting through training, etc would get some of your much needed venting of anger out of you.

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I think honestly it may do you some good to be honest. You seem to need the direction I think they can give you and make you focus on what your goals are. And you have way to much anger built up in you, I think joining the military and getting through training, etc would get some of your much needed venting of anger out of you.

Brett you know me so well. lol Its true. Not as bad as it used to be but I still have an anger problem. I want to be able to take it out on the right people too ;) Thank you Brett.

Hey Shai....I always wanted to be a sniper lol but I am a chick won't come true. lol

Brett
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Im not bashing you, Just saying I think the military would do you good. I think sometimes with all thats gone on in your life you feel lost and dont know what direction to take your life and I think thats how you get into trouble..LOL. I think you doing this will focus your goals and your mind and you can do something you will enjoy at the same time.

Tracy
11-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I say go with what you feel is right. That prolly doesn't help, but honestly...you are the only one that knows what is actually right for you. I'm sure we will all mis you if you go (I will anyways) and we will all be here for you if you don't and something "happens".

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:24 PM
lol I know your not bashing me Brett. Your being honest which is why i love ya man. Thank you. And thank you Tracy. I hope you will miss me if i go.

AznTraitor
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I dunno....hard choice...

dont go if you have alot of pent up anger and aggression like Brett is saying...because you will be chewed up and spit out like it was nobodies business, because if you outlash at your drill sgt, or anyone in your basic platoon, you are in for a world of hurt.

What I have also noticed with people who have close family members in the military...they go in like "know it all's" ....if you do go....forget everything you know about the military and do it the way it's taught to you by your drill sgt. They especially hate the military brats, and for the most part, I do too. Cocky bastards (male and females) that act like they know more than anyone else.

Last....do not be of those female soldiers that acts like they have something to prove to the world because they are a woman....I've dealt with more than my fair share of women who have the napoleon syndrome, and all they do is cause more trouble than good, and I'm not saying that you are gonna be one of those types....just dont go in with that mentality and dont pick it up.

that's all I have to say about it....but what you should do is sit down and write a list of pro's and con's of going and not going and weigh your options from there.

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I dunno....hard choice...

dont go if you have alot of pent up anger and aggression like Brett is saying...because you will be chewed up and spit out like it was nobodies business, because if you outlash at your drill sgt, or anyone in your basic platoon, you are in for a world of hurt.

What I have also noticed with people who have close family members in the military...they go in like "know it all's" ....if you do go....forget everything you know about the military and do it the way it's taught to you by your drill sgt. They especially hate the military brats, and for the most part, I do too. Cocky bastards (male and females) that act like they know more than anyone else.

Last....do not be of those female soldiers that acts like they have something to prove to the world because they are a woman....I've dealt with more than my fair share of women who have the napoleon syndrome, and all they do is cause more trouble than good, and I'm not saying that you are gonna be one of those types....just dont go in with that mentality and dont pick it up.

that's all I have to say about it....but what you should do is sit down and write a list of pro's and con's of going and not going and weigh your options from there.

Peter-

whats funny is that is the exact thing my dad told me. Trust me I know I have tons more to learn than what my bros and dad taught me. I think it would be a great experience. I am not wanting to go in bc of my anger trust me its not as bad as it sounds. My father was a Drill sgt, during Vietnam and he was like that when I was growing up so its nothing I am not used to. And I am sure as hell not one of those chicks who need to prove themselves. I want to see whats out there and have structure in my life.

Thanks for the info though. Means a lot.

Julio
11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
So do you think joining the military is the only way for you to find structure in your life...

Leisa
11-02-2005, 07:39 PM
well you know what... Im just going to come right out and say it...

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND??????

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:42 PM
So do you think joining the military is the only way for you to find structure in your life...

No. I have that now. I just want to do something extra with my life. Its just something that I really have an interest in. I like having everything organized.

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
well you know what... Im just going to come right out and say it...

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND??????

well chick I have IMed you over and over to talk to you about it. :(

but damn how did i know you were going to say that

Leisa
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
when did you IM me?

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:46 PM
last night on my both of your names and the night before.

Leisa
11-02-2005, 07:47 PM
oh, Im sorry, I must have been in the middle of doing something... I think I may have been typing Brittanees report that was due,... sorry

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
^lol its all good I have been super sick anyways.

Leisa
11-02-2005, 07:52 PM
sick huh... hmmmm, so is Krissy... is there a connection there??..lol

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
nope I have something completely diff.

Leisa
11-02-2005, 07:57 PM
oh, well I hope you feel better :)

Darling Nikki
11-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Thank you sweetie!

The Golden Child
11-02-2005, 08:01 PM
joining the army is a real thinker but whatever your outcome is good luck ..
im considering joining also .. someday !!!