03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
comp as far as stage depends on how much power your making

egbrandon
03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
comp as far as stage depends on how much power your making

what all do i need to find out?

loSiRcity
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
what barefoot said. you cant go wrong with competition clutch. depending on what power your making is what stage you want to go with but give yourself room to grow. they should have recomendations on their site on what stages are rated for what power. 6 puck is fine but go with a sprung disc (less chatter). Why are you looking for something different? slipping? chatter? drivability?

egbrandon
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
what barefoot said. you cant go wrong with competition clutch. depending on what power your making is what stage you want to go with but give yourself room to grow. they should have recomendations on their site on what stages are rated for what power. 6 puck is fine but go with a sprung disc (less chatter). Why are you looking for something different? slipping? chatter? drivability?

the chatter mainly and doesnt go in gear too good like to first and reverse
any sujections on a good clutch to get like stage

KevinT707
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
I would highly recommend you not drive on an unsprung disc daily, and not because of the chatter either but because of the decreased spline life on the disc. It happened to me on an ACT disc. Also a friend and I have both used Comp Clutch on several occasions and the disc and/or PP has failed after awhile so I would never use them again.

Barefoot
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
the chatter mainly and doesnt go in gear too good like to first and reverse
any sujections on a good clutch to get like stage

u keep asking for a stage but u have yet to say how much power u want it hold.

egbrandon
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
u keep asking for a stage but u have yet to say how much power u want it hold.

im running 250hp

egbrandon
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I would highly recommend you not drive on an unsprung disc daily, and not because of the chatter either but because of the decreased spline life on the disc. It happened to me on an ACT disc. Also a friend and I have both used Comp Clutch on several occasions and the disc and/or PP has failed after awhile so I would never use them again.

so what should i get?

egbrandon
03-25-2010, 09:56 PM
i was told by the guy i bought the car from
im running 250hp and he thinks 174trq

Barefoot
03-25-2010, 10:57 PM
go to comps section and find a clutch that matches your needs.

slostang
03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
you should be fine with a stage two comp. i had one in my similar boosted sohc and loved it.

egbrandon
03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
you should be fine with a stage two comp. i had one in my similar boosted sohc and loved it.

thanks man
yall need to start meeting again at sonic
pretty chill place to meet
been meaning to come to the meet on tuesday but hatch has been parked for a few weeks now
when i get the new seats in im comeing up there

slostang
03-25-2010, 11:49 PM
thanks man
yall need to start meeting again at sonic
pretty chill place to meet
been meaning to come to the meet on tuesday but hatch has been parked for a few weeks now
when i get the new seats in im comeing up there

we have been meeting at vendettas pizza right down the road. we moved down there for the winter.

KevinT707
03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
So far my current ACT disc (sprung) has not done me wrong yet, but the unsprung ACT disc I got was a bad idea for driving daily; the splines rounded out & bye bye to that. Anyway, this is just my opinion but I like ACT, and perhaps look into an Exedy disc also.

Check out thmotorsports.com/ for all your clutch needs, they have wide selection and the pricing is straight.

egbrandon
03-26-2010, 12:20 AM
we have been meeting at vendettas pizza right down the road. we moved down there for the winter.

ya i came up there a few times but i have been working on the hatch a lot through winter

egbrandon
03-26-2010, 12:20 AM
So far my current ACT disc (sprung) has not done me wrong yet, but the unsprung ACT disc I got was a bad idea for driving daily; the splines rounded out & bye bye to that. Anyway, this is just my opinion but I like ACT, and perhaps look into an Exedy disc also.

Check out thmotorsports.com/ for all your clutch needs, they have wide selection and the pricing is straight.

alright thanks ill check them out