PDA

View Full Version : Misc Atlanta RC Drifting

Miwi
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Looking for Atlanta drifters to make our family bigger.

if you have a Facebook please join our group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107261355965630

and join our website

s1.zetaboards.com/drifters_of_atl

www.hyperdrift.com (atlanta section)

or email me at [email protected]

thanks guys! hope to meet all the atlanta rc drifters soon!

Gorilla Eg!
03-25-2010, 04:29 PM
hey bro, Im gonna be the first to welcome you to I-A.....just fyi, being new, MANY people here like to pick on the new guy or anyone for that matter....BUT WELCOME, and hope to see some killer rc drift pics!....burn rubber, not your soul ( biker boyz lol )

Miwi
03-25-2010, 05:07 PM
thanks for the welcome sir! :)

Gorilla Eg!
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
thanks for the welcome sir! :)

ANY time my friend, and if anyone gangs up on you....I got your back....best believe

Miwi
03-25-2010, 06:19 PM
you can be my IA big brother

Gorilla Eg!
03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
you can be my IA big brother

WOOT WOOT!! lol

slostang
03-26-2010, 12:21 AM
id actually like to get make the switch from monster trucks to drifting.

Miwi
03-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Sounds good! Umm... well me and my friend goes to our own track every weekend usually. PM me your number and I'll text you.

Our big group meets happens every third week of the month so these busy people can plan ahead.
The one upcoming is going to be on the 17th and and we might also be at formula d

The track is close to arcado elementary school across the railroad.

I might be there today actually.
:goodjob:

Gorilla Eg!
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Ive got a hummer H2 off road rc that is in need of repair....do you do repairs?

Miwi
03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
what kind of repairs does it need?

smoknlegend
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
i have my tc3 set up for drifting, using a Skyline GTR with lights. Though now i think i want to do air drifting (heli)

Nguyen128
03-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Sounds good! Umm... well me and my friend goes to our own track every weekend usually. PM me your number and I'll text you.

Our big group meets happens every third week of the month so these busy people can plan ahead.
The one upcoming is going to be on the 17th and and we might also be at formula d

The track is close to arcado elementary school across the railroad.

I might be there today actually.

Interesting... where is this? I went to school at Arcado. My parents live off those railroad tracks lol

Gorilla Eg!
03-27-2010, 12:48 AM
what kind of repairs does it need?

not really sure... im not joking when I say, my friend ran it thru a HUGE pile of horse sh*t and it wont work anymore....it cleaned it of totally and let it dry after cleaning and it wont run anymore....bought it from radioshack and wouldnt dare let them touch it lol

Miwi
03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Interesting... where is this? I went to school at Arcado. My parents live off those railroad tracks lol

at lanford park. the big roofed place. we drew a track there

and we've been coming there every weekend since.

text me or call and let me know if you guys are available

or leave me a message on the hyperdrift forums

Miwi
03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
i have my tc3 set up for drifting, using a Skyline GTR with lights. Though now i think i want to do air drifting (heli)

hey! you should come out and drift with us every once and a while then. or maybe you can bring the heli at the park and hang out with us or whatever

Miwi
03-27-2010, 09:54 AM
not really sure... im not joking when I say, my friend ran it thru a HUGE pile of horse sh*t and it wont work anymore....it cleaned it of totally and let it dry after cleaning and it wont run anymore....bought it from radioshack and wouldnt dare let them touch it lol
holy crap! maybe you could bring it to the park one day and we could look at it?

We are actually going to be there today at 1:30pm if anybody is interested.

call me and let me know

smoknlegend
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM

unfortunately because radioshack is not what is considered "hobby grade" it is harder to fix because parts have to be ordered directly from radioshack, and most of the time they are not built to be fixed, but more so thrown out for something new. If anything i say ditch radioshack and look at stuff from your local hobby shop.

Gorilla Eg!
03-27-2010, 12:01 PM
unfortunately because radioshack is not what is considered "hobby grade" it is harder to fix because parts have to be ordered directly from radioshack, and most of the time they are not built to be fixed, but more so thrown out for something new. If anything i say ditch radioshack and look at stuff from your local hobby shop.

yea thats kinda what i thought....but it was like 150 bucks, hauls MAJOR ass, does wheelies, and can run over most anything!.... just not sure if i wanna invest that kind of money again tho RC cars are really run...

Miwi
03-27-2010, 05:07 PM
yea thats kinda what i thought....but it was like 150 bucks, hauls MAJOR ass, does wheelies, and can run over most anything!.... just not sure if i wanna invest that kind of money again tho RC cars are really run...

I think its worth it if you are serious about the hobby. If anything if you break something it would be 10 dollars here and there instead of 150 dollars a pop every time it breaks unless you get an xray chassis which would probably cost 20+ bucks a pop :goodjob:

Gorilla Eg!
03-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I think its worth it if you are serious about the hobby. If anything if you break something it would be 10 dollars here and there instead of 150 dollars a pop every time it breaks unless you get an xray chassis which would probably cost 20+ bucks a pop :goodjob:

might have to think about picking up my old hobby again!

Miwi
03-28-2010, 09:35 AM
yeah man. let me know if you pick back up and join us :goodjob:

the more the merrier

driftyboy
03-28-2010, 02:36 PM
I've always wanted to get into this, as I've been into RC cars since a kid. How much do you think it would cost for everything for a beginner?

Miwi
03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
to begin with. there are used ready to run gear from maybe 120-150 dollars depending on what they have included with the whole package. i recommend doing this instead of buying a whole new set. buying from racers is a good option since racers usually take care of their gear and gets rid of outdated things as new stuff comes in which is good for us drifters.

brand new everything i popped maybe like 160 dollars just for a chassis. no tx rx at all

www.rctech.net has some used gear and ebay

i recommend going for tt01 or sprint 2 for beginners and i guess see if you want to stay in the hobby from there.

i have a tt01 myself i've had it for 6 months now.

Miwi
04-01-2010, 12:33 PM
we are meeting up at lanford park at the 10th if anybody is interested. bring anything that is rc related :thumbsup:

Glides
04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Pretty cool thread.

Miwi
04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
man i wish it was easy to gather up all the people that is interested in rc drifting into one spot. ive been posting on a lot of forums and asking around and such but i get barely any response. makes me sad ):

Miwi
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Heres a short test video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkiTgzLcAI8