PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Passing Emissions on my CRX

KevinT707
03-25-2010, 09:56 AM
So after reading the DIY thread on passing emissions numerous times failing 3x now my tag has been expired. I already purchased denatured alcohol and intend on trying it out on the CRX. As it sits with the proper street tune it fails 3/3; when I turned the fuel pressure down (via B&M min. 42 psi min.) it passed 2/3 but would still fail HC (which means it's too 'rich'); It's a little over double the allowed amount on HC. So my question is should I try running the alcohol without modifying the fuel pressure at all 1st? and ALL 32oz. mixed w/ 1/4 tank gas?

I don't know the chemical reaction that happens when using denatured alcohol (make engine run lean/rich?) so that's why I want to be safe. Also running on a high-flow cat, never used O2 and has always passed every year (except this) by turning FPR down all the way.

Suggestions, insights, comments please, thanks!

nevertolow
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
what i would do is fill up use 93 octane no additives or any bs and right after u fill up put 1/4 a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the gas tank and it cleans everything ur gas touches.. dont put too much cause ull be shootin flames haha but do not buy any fuel injector cleaner or any of that crap they say helps lol. ull end up payin a lot of money and ull end up clogging ur cat.

nevertolow
03-25-2010, 10:01 PM
seafoam works really good too to clean urmotorout itll just smoke like a mo fo for about 20 min

bam-bam
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Check all your ignition. High hydrocarbons means unburned fuel (rich), incomplete combustion.

KevinT707
03-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Check all your ignition. High hydrocarbons means unburned fuel (rich), incomplete combustion.
Yeah I know that's what it means but literally it would be impossible to drive it at 42 PSI FP (at idle), which passes the 2/3 (failing the HC by double). It runs 100% perfect when it's at the correct fuel pressure, just the emissions doesn't think so ..