PDA

View Full Version : What speakers?

Slomaro Z28
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Car is a 98 civic coupe. Haven't even checked but guessing 6x9 in the rear and 6.5's in the doors. I'll be replacing these soon and want some opinions. I want a good clean sound, and be able to have a little bump with only these 4 speakers. Reps for any help:cheers:

big99miketma
03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I like Hertz, they sound great and have a lot of midbass too.
www.hertzaudiovideo.com
If your going to run them off radio power I'd suggest the dieci or energy

redgst97
03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I might throw the option of Hybrid Audio in the mix for possibilities. www.hybrid-audio.com
Additionally, they are a locally owned company, which I think is good. :) The Imagine series starts at $200 for the pair (either coax or component). The Clarus series is a few steps up from there, but are unequaled for anything under $800 (IMO)

On a bit tighter budget, I might suggest Arc Audio XXD or KS series speakers.

Gorilla Eg!
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Car is a 98 civic coupe. Haven't even checked but guessing 6x9 in the rear and 6.5's in the doors. I'll be replacing these soon and want some opinions. I want a good clean sound, and be able to have a little bump with only these 4 speakers. Reps for any help:cheers:

my buddy tyler upchurch's dad OWN's radioactive stereo here in ATL.... hit me up if you want to get in contact with him....he knows his stuff about audio/video

Slomaro Z28
03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Looking at everything mentioned.....I don't have a grand to drop on it or anything, just need some affordable speakers with awesome sound. Reps to everyone for the help.

EJdm
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
kickers and infinity are not bad...my buddy had some jl but wasnt as good as i though but he didnt have an amp so tat was probably why but...

lovinmydodge
03-26-2010, 02:18 AM
yeah, the hybrid audio stuff is amazing. On point of sq lol. But if your looking for output from aftermarket speakers you really need some clean power, not a small 20 ish watts from your head unit, but a good clean 50+ watts of rms from a 4 ch... I like the Lanzar Opti6C component set as a front stage. great low end power for a 6.5 inch woofer. and clean mid and upper tweeter range as well. And for 130 shipped its hard to beat. and for some rear fill... just about anything really. but off the stock head unit, or an aftermarket headunit alike, your only going to get so much with out amplifying the other speakers.

Another good company is Vibe audio. *(not lanzar vibe) they are making some really nice products. they make a 250 Ish dollar 3 way component setup that is CLEAN and very loud!

audiowiz
03-26-2010, 08:10 AM
the vibe stuff is pretty killer. we just started carrying it. The two way version of the components lovinmydodge is talking about are only $139 and sound great.

Slomaro Z28
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
My head unit is no where near the greatest.......JVC 50x4. I ca run a smaller amp for the set-up (wires are already ran in the car for one) to help get the full effect.

lovinmydodge
03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
honestly for the $ either the lanzar Opti 6c or the Vibe Audio 6.5 2 way components are what I would go with. They are amazing for build quality, and for the price you won't find much that will come close to the performance,

the lanzar opti 6C woofer is built exactly how the 15 inch sub is, just in a 6.5 inch version lol. The Opti has amazing midbass and a smooth tweeter.

slimm
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
get rid of that jvc shit and get you an alpine or pioneer deck. then throw some infinitys in the doors and rear deck. the kappa series are the fucking great.

Patterson
03-30-2010, 09:21 AM
^ yes to this. Kappa Perfect are the best i've had so far

AV8ter
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
get rid of that jvc shit and get you an alpine or pioneer deck. then throw some infinitys in the doors and rear deck. the kappa series are the fucking great.

Nothing wrong with JVC lol.

If you're looking for some nice full sounding speakers and a little bump to go along with them than the possibilities are quite endless. I would personally recommend ditching the rear speakers, adding a 4ch amp, and powering the doors off two channels, and a sub off the remaining two channels bridged.

As for speakers, everyone will have their own opinions regarding product selection. You basically need to start with a budget, and search the products in that price range.

Kevin

jnralp00
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
If you have not heard the Hertz lineup, I would highly recommend them. Obviously it's not a brand many people are used to hearing, but honestly I would say they outperform most of the higher priced competition. They are an Italian company with great engineering, and are very comfortably priced for the quality you get in each line.

lovinmydodge
03-30-2010, 11:46 PM
yeah, hertz and it sounds alright, they are quality drivers, But there are others out there as well, I believe if you find your budget, doing something like the sub setup is a good idea. some decent sounding doors, and throw like a good solid 8 inch driver in the rear.

Bacon
03-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Boston Acoustics and Infinity probably make the best speakers you can buy.

SkiiZ
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Alpine type r or polk db something.. fairly cheap and are dang good.

jnralp00
04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Boston Acoustics and Infinity probably make the best speakers you can buy.

really?

Gorilla Eg!
04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
just installed pioneer premier carbon/kevlar 6.5's all around at my boys dads shop ( Radioactive in Mcdonough ).... simply AMAZING clarity :)

lovinmydodge
04-07-2010, 11:56 PM
honestly, people who say things like Infinity and such make the best speakers money can buy , make me laugh.....

the main question here is budget. because there are speaker companies that don't spend lots of money on marketing, but into their product and it shows. for instance: Hybrid Audio. won the 2009 sq world championships............ amazing sq speakers, Get quite loud as well.

but honestly the install will make alot of difference in what you do.

and what I mean by that is, IF I took and sound deadened the entire car, and you doors etc. built some door pods so phasing was spot on, and had good quality clean power, 99% of what you put into your car will sound 500 times better than it would by just throwing some random speakers someone told you to get.

so again you budget will affect the overall output, clarity, performance, and "thump"...

you could look into doing something with say an 8" midbass. a 4 inch mid, and a nice tweeter, and you get a sub like effect. but most of the companies that will make something along those lines are not cheap.

so again, just because the company isn't known say like alpine, jl, rockford fosgate, infinity, pioneer, jbl, and so on, there are speakers that will run circles around these companies, for around or cheaper than the cost of these said brands,

they woop them in not only cost, performance, but also customer service, and as you build a larger audio system, or get more indepth with the systems, you quickly realize install, and customer service goes a long way.

Patterson
04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Hybrid Audio is one you mentioned. but what are the others? if like me i go with what is sold in my town, i want my hands on them, able to run back up to the shop i purchased them from if a problem happens. ect. Are the companys your talking about online order only? i've ran alot of different componets and in stock locations infinity kapa perfect has had the best sound to my ears. i just bought a set of street edge and i must say i hate them. they seem to be muffled or something. Ive tried every setting in eq and still can't seem to hear what i should be able to.

Scott P
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Hybrid Audio is one you mentioned. but what are the others? if like me i go with what is sold in my town, i want my hands on them, able to run back up to the shop i purchased them from if a problem happens. ect. Are the companys your talking about online order only? i've ran alot of different componets and in stock locations infinity kapa perfect has had the best sound to my ears. i just bought a set of street edge and i must say i hate them. they seem to be muffled or something. Ive tried every setting in eq and still can't seem to hear what i should be able to.

I f you like the kappa perfects then your best bet would be to look at the Arc Audio KS line or the Arc Series 6000 comp's, or the Hybrid Audio Imagine 6.5's

We carry both at American Radio, and both are available for demo (although most anything on a demo board most anywhere is an innaccurate representation of what the speaker will do in your car) and in stock.

Patterson
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I f you like the kappa perfects then your best bet would be to look at the Arc Audio KS line or the Arc Series 6000 comp's, or the Hybrid Audio Imagine 6.5's

We carry both at American Radio, and both are available for demo (although most anything on a demo board most anywhere is an innaccurate representation of what the speaker will do in your car) and in stock.

well send me some up here to demo :D whats your price on them? both 6000 and KS

Scott P
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
well send me some up here to demo :D whats your price on them? both 6000 and KS

hey sorry about not replying sooner, I haven't been on here enough lately. gimme a call at the shop if you are still interested about some prices: 678-455-3201