PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer problemo

Mr Egg Rollllll
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Just installed a new Alpine headunit for the car, and now my infinity basslink plays really low. I didn't change anything from the sub, just the headunit.

Any suggestions?

lovinmydodge
03-24-2010, 03:28 AM
low how? like it doesn't play as loud? make sure the head unit rca's are completely connected. also the voltage the rca's carry may be lower with this hu. your old hu may have had like 4 volt rca's. and this one only has like 2... would sound different. also if you have a hu that has a sub output, and thats what your using. make sure on the hu that the sub gain is turned up... or even on lol. if all else fails, turn the gain up on the basslink itself.

audiowiz
03-24-2010, 08:25 AM
yup, all alpines have a separate Subwoofer control. It comes out of the box set at 0. make sure its turned up.

Mr Egg Rollllll
03-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I tried that a few minutes ago, I actually had both sub and HU gain turned up, it gets a little louder, but nothing significant. The RCA's are completely connected, along with the ground wire, rem start, and power. I redid all the wires just to make sure.

THEONE
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
what model alpine? i just put one in my car and had to turn the loud setting on and go to the sub setting system and switch it to setting 2 for it to play right.

big99miketma
03-24-2010, 08:28 PM
What kind of car?? If you have a factory amp then most likely you wired into with the speaker wires instead of rca's and sending a lot more voltage into the factory amp. Every car is different, but you should be able to turn the volume on your alpine to 20-25 roughly, if it gets really loud at like 10 or so then that's probably the reason.

slimm
03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
get rid of the bass link and get you an actual amp and sub combo. the bass links are great, but youll achieve better sound with an amp and sub. if you're tryna save weight, kenwood and kicker have some pretty light subs. if i remember correctly, the kenwood is made of kevlar. the kicker im not sure of.