PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Savannah

5speed
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
My fiance and I decided to go to Savannah for our honeymoon. We have been before with friends, but we didn't really get to do much. I need some good recommendations on places to eat, tour, and any sort of amusement. I know the internet is full of things to check, but we did that already, and have a few things written down. People on IA seem to be pretty opinionated, so I figure you may be able to help me on some great places to go.

DriVaH
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
swim........:ninja::lmfao:

lol i have never been. i wanna go though

5speed
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Well of course that. It is a beautiful place.

Nerdsrock22
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
If you enjoy the beach, Tybee Island is a quick drive and has a few restaurants. I've eaten at The Crab Shack a few times, and it's decent. Hardly romantic, but they have live gators, so that's pretty awesome.

If you are looking for something a little classier, I would recommend River House Seafood on the Riverwalk. Excellent, excellent food.

5speed
03-23-2010, 05:29 PM
I will check into the River House. I know how to get around there and where things are located, I just don't know what is good and what is not. So far we are going to do the Creepy Crawly haunted tour.

Edit: It seems like all the reviews for that place in 2010 are bad. 2009 was a good year I guess.

Nerdsrock22
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Edit: It seems like all the reviews for that place in 2010 are bad. 2009 was a good year I guess.

ha...well...oops. It was good for me.

MINI
03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I fucking love Savannah, I'll be going in a couple of months.

5speed
03-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Any more recommendations?

Gorilla Eg!
03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Paula Deans place is there, it is very highly rated and good food I hear!....I took the tour of the city and LOVED IT, great stuff to learn about a really historic place

5speed
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
We plan on doing the Horse Carriage tour, the Creepy Crawly haunted house tour since that had the best reviews. A few restaurants on the list. I just looked into the Riverboat Cruise which seems pretty nice. I guess nightlife stuff is what I need now.

TSiFTW
03-23-2010, 10:10 PM
That's where we went on our honeymoon. Paula Deen's, River Street and City Market at night. Crab Shack is a must.

Slow Motion
03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Just go out and wonder around. You can walk to a lot of places in the historic district. I'll be goin next weekend. Might be moving there next year.

BluesClues
03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Honestly there isn't much to do. I have been there twice so far and really the most interesting is hanging out on Tybee Island, and walking down River Street. That is where all the bars and restaurants are. During spring break and St. Patricks weekend there are a lot of live events and such going on. Keeps you busy for awhile.

fox
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Paula Deans place is there, it is very highly rated and good food I hear!....I took the tour of the city and LOVED IT, great stuff to learn about a really historic place

A big +1 for Paula Deen's. Get there early and place your reservation as the wait time can be rather ridiculous.

Greddypacked
03-24-2010, 05:19 PM
I would say Tybee Island. I know Savannah has alot of places and usually the haunted aspects are pretty big there. They even have haunted houses, condo's you can rent out lol.

sogood
03-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Tubby's tank house (not the one on River St) and Desposito's seafood are both great places to eat (they're both in Thunderbolt, which is on the way to Tybee). Neither are fancy, but if you want fresh seafood, they're where you need to go. I'm not sure if Desposito's is open yet, but with the weather warming up I'd think they should be. If they're open and you do end up going there, don't dress up at all and don't be alarmed when you pull up to see a shitty looking shack; the place is fucking good.

5speed
03-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Tubby's tank house (not the one on River St) and Desposito's seafood are both great places to eat (they're both in Thunderbolt, which is on the way to Tybee). Neither are fancy, but if you want fresh seafood, they're where you need to go. I'm not sure if Desposito's is open yet, but with the weather warming up I'd think they should be. If they're open and you do end up going there, don't dress up at all and don't be alarmed when you pull up to see a shitty looking shack; the place is fucking good.

lol I have been there.