PDA

View Full Version : HID's

sharo227
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
im looking into buying HID's (the headlamp and everything not just bulbs.. )but im not really sure with all the different options what will be best and i was wondering if someone could kinda help me out in figuring out which ones would be best and were to buy them ect. :???:
Thanks

DeeAOne
03-23-2010, 11:25 AM
depends how much you want to spend. $40 can get you a cheap set from ebay all day.

oneSLOWex
03-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Lookup Dynamic Sound on here. I have purchased through them and so have many people I know. Great product and great service!

Theycall_Metue
03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?258-DYNAMIC-SOUND-CAR-AUDIO-XENON-HID-STORE
i bought 4 kits from them, they are great
very cheap kits that deliver high quality

oneSLOWex
03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?258-DYNAMIC-SOUND-CAR-AUDIO-XENON-HID-STORE
i bought 4 kits from them, they are great
very cheap kits that deliver high quality

:goodjob:

sharo227
03-23-2010, 11:54 AM
id like to get a kit that had the headlamp assembly also (if possible) , those kits are just the - 2 x Xenon HID Bulbs - 2 x Xenon Ballasts - 2 x Wires and Connectors For Installation - Installation Manual..

Theycall_Metue
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
i dont think they have them for plug and play kits, correct me if im wrong
but what is wrong with your factorys one?

sharo227
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
they are getting faded/clouded (i think there is a leak in the seal somewhere)

Theycall_Metue
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
wait your talking about the housing? you can clean them up.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?275599-CLEANING-HEADLIGHTS
they also have kits at wal-mart and auto part stores

Theycall_Metue
03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
for sealing the leaks, use the seals they sale at wal-mart
forgot what they are call

sharo227
03-23-2010, 12:49 PM
yeah i tried a product from auto zone but it didn't really make any difference and i think i want to do a dark housing instead of the cheap chrome looking factory ones lol (guess i should have stated that earlier, sorry)

Theycall_Metue
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
well neither shop will sell housings
something you have to order separately

KevinT707
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
A simple search on eBay & I came up with these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corolla-Altis-Blk-Projector-Headlights-2003-2008-04-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b0247342QQitemZ170 458903362QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-2003-2008-COROLLA-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BK-2005-2006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5397cb20QQitemZ1 90381017888QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcc essories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2008-TOYOTA-COROLLA-HEADLIGHTS-BLACK-2004-2005-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414e15b587QQitemZ280 482919815QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

Honestly if purchasing the blk housing (no projectors, 3rd link) does the job well enough for you then go that route cause the projectors look a little goofy. There is also this big thing where it's not 'safe' nor 'cool' to have HID's in a halogen headlight. Your choice though.

sharo227
03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
well this is where i guess i'm stuck at, my current stock ones look like crap and i don't care for the chrome look because i already have black tail lights. maybe im not quite sure on what it is exactly that i want (open to any suggestions minus getting a different car) but i know that the stock ones aren't very bright at night and i need something brighter so i automatically think HID's.. i've replaced the bulbs in the stock lights with much brighter bulbs but it wasn't much help..

KevinT707
03-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Then purchase a new set of headlights (3rd link - blk housing), then purchase (from one of IA's sponsors) an HID kit (which are plug & play) and it will solve both of your problems >> headlights that look like crap + not bright enough <<

jgetz22
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
some of u may have received great customer service but I didnt get no where near good customer service. I bought the bi-xenon 9007 kit and although i saw the 9007 kit right in front of me he insisted that i get the 9004 kit in a white box and i asked him a few times as i was rushed out of the store because he was going on break, "is this all i need to make them work"? yes that all he replied and i even showed the truck sitting right outside to them and they insisted thats all. Get home in athens and no instructions what so ever but i figured i could get them email....nope, he said they dont email!wtf??! then i said i have no idea what makes the high beam trigger and that i am missing parts i think and after confirming that i was supposed to get a relay harness with them in the box he keep saying look in the box, look in the box but the only box i got was a white 3x3 box with the 2 bulbs and nothing else would even fit there. He said just come by but it will cost me another 30 in fuel just to get there and asked if he could mail it to me and of course NO was his answer. Fuck that shit I was refered by 2 of my friends who buy from them all the time but we all agreed thats shitty as fucking hell of them and its cheaper from places on ebay so we will go there from now on. Fuck the dynamicsound distributors

EG_Ryder
04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
its cheaper from places on ebay so we will go there from now on. Fuck the dynamicsound distributors

yeaaaah but you get what you pay for :goodjob:

DynamicSound
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
some of u may have received great customer service but I didnt get no where near good customer service. I bought the bi-xenon 9007 kit and although i saw the 9007 kit right in front of me he insisted that i get the 9004 kit in a white box and i asked him a few times as i was rushed out of the store because he was going on break, "is this all i need to make them work"? yes that all he replied and i even showed the truck sitting right outside to them and they insisted thats all. Get home in athens and no instructions what so ever but i figured i could get them email....nope, he said they dont email!wtf??! then i said i have no idea what makes the high beam trigger and that i am missing parts i think and after confirming that i was supposed to get a relay harness with them in the box he keep saying look in the box, look in the box but the only box i got was a white 3x3 box with the 2 bulbs and nothing else would even fit there. He said just come by but it will cost me another 30 in fuel just to get there and asked if he could mail it to me and of course NO was his answer. Fuck that shit I was refered by 2 of my friends who buy from them all the time but we all agreed thats shitty as fucking hell of them and its cheaper from places on ebay so we will go there from now on. Fuck the dynamicsound distributors

Hello, I just PM'd you once I read your review to see what happened. We have a new person working there handling the majority of customer service and phone calls, so they might have left something out of the kit. He has only been there for a little over a week. PM me back what you received and what you purchased and I can ship out the missing part and will send a refund for your purchase. I do apologize that you did not receive great customer service. I have been out of the store a lot since I am doing a lot at the other business I own. So this is the first I have heard of it and will talk with the rest of my staff about it.

94gsrteg
04-16-2010, 10:31 PM
i have a 8k hid kit off ebay for 90 bucks. then i bought new aem black housing prejector headlights. $150 total 240 bucks! (ebay)