PDA

View Full Version : Karl Roves book................

Vteckidd
03-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I bought this the day it came out and have been reading it. Its actually pretty good, i think ROVE is an outstanding political organizer and campaigner, i dont think i exactly "like" him but he is good at what he does. Has an interesting story too.

Im just now starting to get into the 9/11 portion of the book. Some interesting things and insight into the 2000 election, the 9/11 part is REALLY good and he really calls out some democrats on the "we were lied" to argument. Going as far as having documents you can look up where Dems on the intelligence committees backed up what colin powell argued before the UN, etc. including Kerry and Daschle.

Ive always said the Iraq war argument from the dems is revisionist history, guess i feel the same as Rove. He said the one thing he thinks failed Bush was he didnt engage the accusations at all and allowed the democrats to spread whatever they wanted. His take is that Bush was never one to get into the political fire fights, and he was so concerned with the countrys safety he was not going to let it be politicized.

Also , whether you believe it or not, the comments and conversations he shares between he and bush are profound. I never got why Bush got this cloud of idiocy around him, like he wasnt smart. Why? Cause he wasnt the best public speaker? cause he mispoke sometimes? dont all politicians?

Rove portrays him as just a smart, calculating, down to earth guy who generously cared for other people. Now i know its in Roves best interest to paint a positive picture, but still interesting to read.

Anyone else read it?

Total_Blender
03-22-2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Courage-Consequence-Life-Conservative-Fight/dp/1439191050

$18 is pretty expensive for asswipe. A 24 pack of Angel Soft is only like $6 at Dollar General and does the job just as good. I saw Rove on one of the morning shows yesterday. He had a dry-erase board with some numbers on it that you couldn't even read because of the camera glare, and he was so fired up babbling on he made Gary Busey seem well-adjusted by comparison.

Vteckidd
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Well not all of us are intelligent enough to read, go figure

An I paid $16 for it at costco

I read books by both sides , sorry you can't

Total_Blender
03-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Separated at birth? Brothers from another mother?

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/Karl-Rove_elitist.jpg

http://jamesondetweiler.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/forum_ff09dd60_Gary_Busey_Red_Carpet_Crazy_Celebri ty.jpg

bu villain
03-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I agree Rove has a sharp political mind. However, I don't trust him in the slightest and I think he has shown himself to be a pretty slimy individual. Therefore I am not interested in supporting him by buying his book or the cold calculated spin he will put on his story.

David88vert
03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I agree with VtecKidd that Rove is smart, but he is not trustworthy. I'm not planning on buying his book.