PDA

View Full Version : how much do i expect to pay to...

marcos713
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Get my hub pulled out and pressed back in? I really just want to change some studs on a wheel but from what I've read the only way to get them out is by pulling the hub out.

Any input would be nice :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2010, 10:56 PM
If you're trying to go through all that hassle, just take it to the tire shop and let them do it. If memory serves me correct, it doesn't cost that much. You'd probably pay the same amount to have someone just pull the hubs. Later, QD.

EJdm
03-21-2010, 10:58 PM
idk but i had the whole spindle out and took it out to get it pressed and the guy was going to charge me $50

marcos713
03-21-2010, 11:00 PM
If you're trying to go through all that hassle, just take it to the tire shop and let them do it. If memory serves me correct, it doesn't cost that much. You'd probably pay the same amount to have someone just pull the hubs. Later, QD.

For my car the hub has to come out unless I grind down the ridge behind the hub. The little ridge makes it so I can't just punch out the studs like I can on the back wheels. Unless your saying that tire shops pull out hubs..

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Unless your saying that tire shops pull out hubs..

Doesn't hurt to ask. I know most shops charge under $30 to replace studs. Later, QD.

marcos713
03-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Doesn't hurt to ask. I know most shops charge under $30 to replace studs. Later, QD.

True. I'm going to try and go tomorrow after class.

Barefoot
03-21-2010, 11:26 PM
take the spindle to just about any shop across america. tell him u a wheel beearing pressed out. make sure u have new 1s to replace it with. 25 tops per press might charge a lil more to change studs.

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2010, 11:28 PM
25 tops per press might charge a lil more to change studs.

That's why I was telling him to just take it to a shop to let them do it. Under $30 and they do all the work? Lolol. Later, QD.