PDA

View Full Version : !! CRvtec does not crank

DaRussian
03-19-2010, 05:26 PM
got a b20vtec in a hatch and cant get it to crank. compression 210 all across, has spark, has fuel and ecu but dont crank, the thorttle body is from a unknown car and it dont come with a map sensor, could that be the problem? any help is appreciated. thanks

sorry for the lack of info but its a eh hatch, obd1, b20 block and a b16a2 head, p30 ecu, it turns over but does not crank up, it has a check engine light for code 6 which is Water Temp Sensor if im not mistaking. I think my timing is right, it has AEM cam gears on it and i lined them up by the two marks with the little circle on them if anybody knows what im talking about, there are no up arrows like the stock ones come with so it was hard to tell. but if i have 210 compression all across then would that mean my timing is good?
i just bought this car as it is so its hard because i dont know the history of it...

solblu
03-19-2010, 05:57 PM
What do you mean by doesn't crank? Does it turn over? Does it do anything?

I'd check timing. If it has fuel spark and time it should run. Also doeble check engine grounds.

Barefoot
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
yah buddy going to need more info

SLow_POke
03-19-2010, 09:45 PM
as far as hte map sensor do u have a check engine light>?
what year car is it?
and have u checked your injectors?

B20B!Ithink?
03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
dam dude knowone ever posts what there suppost to! anyways grounds timing(its the white one not red lol). dizzy firing order, and idk but my 97 coupe with a y8 jumped to OBDII wouldnt start without map! give more info like they said year model blah blah read the sticky that says you need to say this, this, and this! or its really hard to answer. i just finished doin my b20 vtec fixed all cels and its wire tucked. just read the sig.

punkr6
03-19-2010, 10:56 PM
needle/haystack with this info...

JGilbert312
03-19-2010, 11:11 PM
so by doesn't crank you mean doesn't start, or doesn't turn over?

DaRussian
03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
edited original post with more info hope that helps

B20B!Ithink?
03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
mkay well simple things people dont think about ECU burnt up? um any and all wiring or like i said previously dizzy firing order(spark plug wires) if you stand by the passenger fender and stare at the dizzy the order is bottom left 1 bottom right 2 top left 3 top right 4 check that first! sense it wasnt ur car before hand maybe clutch sensor idk the name but that little sensor that says hey the clutch is down start the car lol. it wouldnt turn over without grounds so your good there. ummmmmmmmmm idk try this shit dude and let me know

DaRussian
03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the help guys and i got it finally to crank-up, it was my AEM cam gears they were all effed up, when i lined up the marks for timing the 1 cyl lobes were not where they supposed to be one was facing down and one to the side. so i took those off and put some stock ls cam gears on and also put a throttle body with a Map sensor and it cranked up, its revving like 3k rpm because i need a new TPS sensor but it runs