PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods CT 26(88-92)SUPRA TURBO FOR A D SERIES??? iNPUT/THOUGHTS!!!!!

SoLJames95
03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I accuired this Turbo from a friend and thought about using it on a stock D! Ive done this before and used t25/28s! So dont say use that. I just want some input on if this turbo if it would be good or not. Its stock internals, and probably going to push 10-15psi. I just was wondering if response would be decent? and im changingit from a internal wastegate to external. So lemme know!:goodjob:

pinedo88
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
dam bro 10-15 psi on a stock d just hope it dnt blow.

SoLJames95
03-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Ive been there and done it plenty of times. LOL, but this one has head studs. So just a hair more room for boost! You can run all day at 10psi!

tdurr
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
eh, if it were a DD id look at 12psi so it wouldnt blow up soon.
and google info on the turbo, its not hard. im sure supra fourms have wut psi they are good up too and how fast/slow they spool

SoLJames95
03-19-2010, 03:27 PM
eh, if it were a DD id look at 12psi so it wouldnt blow up soon.
and google info on the turbo, its not hard. im sure supra fourms have wut psi they are good up too and how fast/slow they spool

You be surprised what google has to offer!(NOTHING) I have looked it up I know the specs but I dont know how they do on d series. ;)

teh_mugen18
03-19-2010, 04:21 PM
^^Lol, ive recently acquired one of these turbos myself and I was sorta wondering about them too, like how they would do on a B series... And the OP is right, google doesn't really have much information in the way of this turbocharger as far as how it would work on a Honda engine... Sure, they have somewhat vague specifications and aftermarket parts companies for them, but that's about it.

Also, to the OP, what exhaust housing/manifold were you planning to use when you put this setup together? Does the stock (Toyota) turbocharger housing simply bolt onto a T3/T4 or T25 flange turbo manifold, or is there some extra fabricating involved?

SoLJames95
03-19-2010, 04:41 PM
^^^ it's a T3 flange... And as far as fabricating the hardest part is plumbing. Oil lines and water lines are a bitch! I wish someone would know!!!! :(

tdurr
03-19-2010, 04:45 PM
You be surprised what google has to offer!(NOTHING) I have looked it up I know the specs but I dont know how they do on d series. ;)

find a compressor chart, and find a flow chart for a D series and thats all you really need(just gotta learn how to read the charts)

Dejvid1785
03-19-2010, 07:54 PM
That turbo will make some decent power, hope your motor is up for it.

teh_mugen18
03-19-2010, 08:25 PM
^^^Not trying to thread-jack but....Does anyone know where I could possibly find an aftermarket/OEM replacement, or all-oem(dealership, obviously..) rebuild kit for this turbocharger? Mine in particular needs it, and I tried searching google but it took me to a site where they only had upgrade kits.

Stuntman G
03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
CT26 will do good, they are commonly transplanted onto the second gen Celica Supras (I used to have a CT26'ed '85 model) and they do just as well there as they do on the Supras they were desinged for. Mine started spooling around 3k and was really hitting by 4. I kept the internal wastegate though, and it was very reliable running 8psi (stock boost) as a dd.

Stuntman G
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
^^^Not trying to thread-jack but....Does anyone know where I could possibly find an aftermarket/OEM replacement, or all-oem(dealership, obviously..) rebuild kit for this turbocharger? Mine in particular needs it, and I tried searching google but it took me to a site where they only had upgrade kits.
You will see mentioned that they offer an 'oem turbo gasket kit' , hope that helps
http://rabidchimp.com/upgraded-ct26-turbo.html

teh_mugen18
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
You will see mentioned that they offer an 'oem turbo gasket kit' , hope that helps
http://rabidchimp.com/upgraded-ct26-turbo.html

They don't really have a way to buy the oem gasket kit by itself though...

Da_unknown
03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Ive been there and done it plenty of times. LOL, but this one has head studs. So just a hair more room for boost! You can run all day at 10psi!u aint neva lie

Stuntman G
03-23-2010, 12:29 AM
They don't really have a way to buy the oem gasket kit by itself though...
Yeah I couldn't really determine whether or not that was just an option with the turbo upgrade. I'm certain that he can work with you to just get the gasket kit though. He's the go-to-guy for pretty much anything Celica Supra and is usually very helpful and agreeable. Hit his contact page at http://rabidchimp.com/contacts/ and just let him know what's up.

Maki
03-23-2010, 08:18 AM
These guys are local and are Garrett dealers, I used to get all my turbo rebuild kits from them :

Turbo Diesel & Electric Systems
Address:‎
4923 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066-1094
(770) 424-0330

and flow charts can be found here:

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/
Great tool ^^^

Drummerboy
03-23-2010, 11:33 AM
try it out, if it doesn't spool fast enough, slap a JRSC on it. run the SC at 6psi and the turbo at 6psi. Problem solved.

Man, I should get paid for my knowledge. :ninja:

SoLJames95
03-24-2010, 09:14 PM
^^^^ LOL that be alot of wasted money HAHAH