PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Crower cams B16A 63401 bought in 01. Different specs from 63401-1 10 stage 1 ned help

r.etheridge
03-19-2010, 05:11 AM
My buddy just bought some brand new crower cams that were bought from summit in 2001. They are stage 1 cams but the problem is the specs do not match up to the 63401 stage 1 cams that crower sells today. I guess they changed and tweaked the specs within the last nine years of therir stage one cams. He doesnt have the cam card and we are trying to time them but hare having diffculty doing so not knowing the correct specs. And we dont want to bend any valves. Can anyone help?

southside
03-19-2010, 07:23 AM
hit up Brian crower with a email on his website he will gladly answer all your questions.Best way for you to find out the correct specs is to talk to the man that put them into production and if he doesnt know the answer he can hit up the other side of his family and they will.

r.etheridge
03-19-2010, 08:53 AM
What's his web address?

r.etheridge
03-19-2010, 08:54 AM
what's his web address

all-mota
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
if your degreeing in the cams the cam card is useless because all of crowers cam cards are so far off all you can do is wipe your ass with them.

set the cam gears straight up and call it a day and unless it very high compression and a built engine i highly doubt small stage one cams are going to be big enough to cause valve to valve contact if installed correctly much less make the valves hit the pistons