PDA

View Full Version : Random Truck driver caught on film with car stuck to bumper at 60mph

YoTa_BoX
03-18-2010, 04:07 PM
LOL, this mother fucker wasnt slowing down either...I would be scared shitless if i were inside that car.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/7472150/Truck-driver-caught-on-film-with-car-stuck-to-bumper-at-60mph.html

nchbrandon
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
damn thats crazy. He was still haulin' ass. I wounder if he even knew it was there? lol

JITB
03-18-2010, 04:37 PM
he must be really really late

Elbow
03-18-2010, 04:42 PM
LMFAO I have no idea what I'd be thinking.

oneSLOWex
03-18-2010, 04:46 PM
how the hell did he hit the car and not know about it?

nchbrandon
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe he didn't know the car was stuck to him, is all I am saying. Truck drivers don't normally stop when they hit someone anyway, especially on the highway. And if he hit the car while going that fast, the car would more than likely be more mangled up than that.

G.C
03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
dam. lol!

Slomaro Z28
03-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Maybe he didn't know the car was stuck to him, is all I am saying. Truck drivers don't normally stop when they hit someone anyway, especially on the highway. And if he hit the car while going that fast, the car would more than likely be more mangled up than that.

Yeah, The truck that ran over the green civic.......he just kept on going, wish I could find some of those pics.

quickdodgeŽ
03-20-2010, 06:11 AM
how the hell did he hit the car and not know about it?

It can happen. There are lots of fender benders that happen where the truck driver never felt a thing. I remember back in 188, my grandfather had an '84 Bonneville and was heading up I-20 West towards Atlanta when a tractor trailer changed lanes on him. My grandfather was in just the right spot and the incidence in the video is the exact same that happened to him. He was pushed just as that green car was for 3/4 of a mile before he was able to turn the wheel toward the slide and he veered off the road. The trucker saw this and did stop.

Truck drivers don't normally stop when they hit someone anyway, especially on the highway.

Where'd you get that crap?

And if he hit the car while going that fast, the car would more than likely be more mangled up than that.

No it wouldn't. Later, QD.

David88vert
03-21-2010, 10:44 AM
I remember back in 188

Was that 188 A.D., or B.C.? ;)

I knew you were old, but didn't know you were THAT old.

nchbrandon
03-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I got this CRAP from people that I know that have been hit by Some of these ass holes that think they own the road. I didn't say all of them are like this, but most wont even stop I dunno why, maybe because they don't want it on there driving record or maybe the company will fire them, I dunno. But I have heard more stories about them not even stopping than I have about them stopping.

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I got this CRAP from people that I know that have been hit by Some of these ass holes that think they own the road. I didn't say all of them are like this, but most wont even stop I dunno why, maybe because they don't want it on there driving record or maybe the company will fire them, I dunno. But I have heard more stories about them not even stopping than I have about them stopping.

I bet you have heard that, man. It's always nice to read about hearsay and not experience.

And why don't you try driving a truck around town and see how hard it is for us to "own the road." We have to force our way around the streets because idiots in cars are so afraid that they'll get stuck behind a truck. Why don't you get behind the wheel of 80,000 pounds and have some random moron jump right in front of you on the interstate only to slam on their brakes for whatever reason. Before you go slamming something you don't know about (from firsthand experience; not from stories from people you know), how about trying both sides of the coin. I was exactly the same as you before I started driving, but afterward, I saw how it was/is. So I can't really chastise you on your attitude. It only seems like we think we own the road because of what we have to go through to get down that road. Later, QD.

Jonathan12uiz
03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Holy S***! I thought terminators only existed in the movies!!!

nchbrandon
03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I bet you have heard that, man. It's always nice to read about hearsay and not experience.

And why don't you try driving a truck around town and see how hard it is for us to "own the road." We have to force our way around the streets because idiots in cars are so afraid that they'll get stuck behind a truck. Why don't you get behind the wheel of 80,000 pounds and have some random moron jump right in front of you on the interstate only to slam on their brakes for whatever reason. Before you go slamming something you don't know about (from firsthand experience; not from stories from people you know), how about trying both sides of the coin. I was exactly the same as you before I started driving, but afterward, I saw how it was/is. So I can't really chastise you on your attitude. It only seems like we think we own the road because of what we have to go through to get down that road. Later, QD.

My aunt was driving down the highway early one morning, before daylight. She had her baby in the car with her, only a few months old at the time. Some moron in a big rig got over on her. She slowed down and tried to veer into the emergency lane. Too late he ran all over her, chewed her up and spit her out right into a gaurd rail. You don't think he felt something or saw her go into the rail?? He didn't even stop, he kept on truckin it. If that gaurd rail wouldn't have been there her and her baby would have been dead floating down a river somewhere. Thats why I have that POV. I don't care what you say. SOME drivers are dick heads and they are crooked. I said some not all

quickdodgeŽ
03-23-2010, 11:54 AM
My aunt was driving down the highway early one morning, before daylight. She had her baby in the car with her, only a few months old at the time. Some moron in a big rig got over on her. She slowed down and tried to veer into the emergency lane. Too late he ran all over her, chewed her up and spit her out right into a gaurd rail. You don't think he felt something or saw her go into the rail?? He didn't even stop, he kept on truckin it. If that gaurd rail wouldn't have been there her and her baby would have been dead floating down a river somewhere. Thats why I have that POV. I don't care what you say. SOME drivers are dick heads and they are crooked. I said some not all

Yeah, I'm saying it's possible he neither saw nor felt her. If he did, that's fucked up. I'm not saying that there aren't any that do that (drive off to avoid a penalty) as I'm sure they are out there. But my point was you may not have said ALL of them do it, but you did say "MOST" of them do. And I was pointing out that you're quite wrong in your assumption. Again, the "morons" are the ones we (truck drivers) have to contend with when we're trying to do our jobs. Later, QD.

nchbrandon
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'm saying it's possible he neither saw nor felt her. If he did, that's fucked up. I'm not saying that there aren't any that do that (drive off to avoid a penalty) as I'm sure they are out there. But my point was you may not have said ALL of them do it, but you did say "MOST" of them do. And I was pointing out that you're quite wrong in your assumption. Again, the "morons" are the ones we (truck drivers) have to contend with when we're trying to do our jobs. Later, QD.

Yes the people you have to contend with are "morons" , but there are also truck drivers that are "morons" as well. It works both ways. And whether a truck driver is doing their job or not, you still have to obey the law. I do appologize for saying "MOST" when I should have said "SOME".

quickdodgeŽ
03-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Yes the people you have to contend with are "morons" , but there are also truck drivers that are "morons" as well. It works both ways. I do appologize for saying "MOST" when I should have said "SOME".

I know there are moron truckers. I deal with them as well. Especially with the company I work for. But trust me when I say that it is much harder to drive a truck around cars than it is to drive a car around trucks.

And whether a truck driver is doing their job or not, you still have to obey the law

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Why would we not obey the law? We have more laws as truckers than you do as a car driver. And our penalties are much, much stiffer than you can imagine when we do break a law. Later, QD.

NJSC
03-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Sorry to break up all the seriousness, but I love it when they call trucks a lorry.

nchbrandon
03-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I just mean they can't just run people off the road and stuff just because people are in their way. I see where you are coming from and I hope you see partially where I am coming from. You are right I am not a truck driver so I don't know what its like.

quickdodgeŽ
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
I just mean they can't just run people off the road and stuff just because people are in their way. I see where you are coming from and I hope you see partially where I am coming from. You are right I am not a truck driver so I don't know what its like.

Of course I see where you're at, man. I'm not going to defend all truckers because that would be a lie, lolol. But I'll say that at least 95% of the time you see a truck "merging" into another lane that is occupied by a car, he's not trying to merge them off the road. He's trying to get them to either speed up or slow down. I don't know how many times I've been on the freeways and had a car to my right or left that stayed right beside me and would not move. Even when I have my signal flashing right in their face and they still stay right there. We're not trying to run the car over or off road, we're trying to get the driver to do something.

And yeah, it's a whole different prospective when you're the driver of these trucks. I love it, though. Freedom of the road and no desks and driving all over the Southeast and getting paid well to boot. Can't really beat it. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
WOW wtf he had to of known that car was there he is driving a flat nose semi. Now if it was a long nose ya it would have been hard to tell if that car was there but a flat nose. That trucker must of been furious or something lol.

Greddypacked
03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
d
Of course I see where you're at, man. I'm not going to defend all truckers because that would be a lie, lolol. But I'll say that at least 95% of the time you see a truck "merging" into another lane that is occupied by a car, he's not trying to merge them off the road. He's trying to get them to either speed up or slow down. I don't know how many times I've been on the freeways and had a car to my right or left that stayed right beside me and would not move. Even when I have my signal flashing right in their face and they still stay right there. We're not trying to run the car over or off road, we're trying to get the driver to do something.

Later, QD.

This is true when I truck drove I hated when cars did that just stood there when you needed to get over. Its actually dangerous for cars to be right next to a truck like that. If that truck popped the wrong tires or was top heavy around a turn it could merge over and hit the car or even topple on top of the car. So when your cruising next to a semi for long periods of time be courteous and either stay a bit back or go ahead of the truck, driving 72ft trucks take alot of manuevering compared to you lil go karts I used to call them lol. Alot of truckers call them 4 wheelers lol.