PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions for the people with swapped motors in their 240s

rmeyer114
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
well im really wanting to buy another 240sx probably going to be an s14 this time and i kinda wanna buy one that already has either an rb,ca18,or sr20 black or redtop installed..my main concern is where do i buy parts for these motors if something were to go out IE say my water pump went out where do i buy another one cause im pretty sure autozone doesn't carry parts for a motor mainly produced in japan and my next question is the emissions...where could i go to "pass" emissions at if someone could PM me that..and thirdly im pretty sure the KA-t would also bomb an emissions test as well right?

KodyH
03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
The parts are about as easy to find as a woman with a vagina. Just sayin..

rmeyer114
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
well..where could i buy these parts from without waiting for them to come from the internet? ....cause it will be my daily driver so if something happens id like to know where to get these parts same day rather waiting for them in the mail

green91
03-18-2010, 08:01 PM
with sr and ca some parts are interchangable with some us models with sr20de/ca18de fwd motors. i had to order a water pump for my sr20det online and got it in 2 days.

as far as emissions, it all depends on the tune and what emissions control parts are still installed (cats). Ive read of many people around here easily getting sr's to pass emissions with only a cat. im sure ka-t would be the same as long as its got a good tune.

rmeyer114
03-21-2010, 11:53 AM
hell yeah ..thanks man