PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac / GM Techs?

con
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Any Cadillac / GM Techs with a Tech II Scan Tool around here? Looking for a bit of help, I need a keyfob programmed and have a slight misfire preventing it from passing emissions also. It's a '02 Cadillac Deville DTS.

00CelicaGT
03-18-2010, 07:47 PM
where r u located im a Tech at Heritage Cadillac in morrow. how many miles is on the car? if u have a misfire there's a strong possibility that u have blown head gaskets, actually if it has over 150k ill almost garuntee there blown trust me i see them everyday. send me a PM ill be glad to help u out

Init2winit
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
You've got to be shitting me.

con
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I hope not the head gasket, but if the misfire isn't fuel related, the hg is a possibility.

thanks 00CelicaGT, pm sent......

Barefoot
03-18-2010, 09:14 PM
a misfire can be soemthing other than fuel

00CelicaGT
03-18-2010, 09:50 PM
You've got to be shitting me.

lmfao! if u knew how many times i heard that froma customer. wat a lot of people dnt know is that the block is aluminum and the head bolts are harded steel, GM did a shitty job designing the NorthStar engine. wat causes them to blow is the head actually lifts off the block and pulls threads in the block.
we actually have to drill & tap the block then install a time sert and then retourqe the heads, sometimes we pull the threads while retourqing the block. when that happens we have to get the bigger drill bit, tap, and time sert. if that 1 pulls the threads while retourqing then the customer is just SOL and there going to need a new/used engine.

a misfire can be soemthing other than fuel
this is true aswell, i told him in the PM that it could possibly be the coils aswell cuz those are a common problem aswell. but we wont know forsure untill i pull the codes

con
03-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the help, that Tech II is a serious piece of electronics! Nice to meet you as well. I will definitely be in touch for prices on that Coil.

00CelicaGT
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
anytime bro