PDA

View Full Version : B16a2 throttle body question

loveA92da
03-16-2010, 09:28 PM
whats up guys. just dropped a b16a2 into my obd1 da and had to use my ls throttle body with the b16intake because the throttle cable would not work with the b16 throttle body. I have been having some idle issues and right now the car runs fine but is is idling at 1700rpms with the idle on the throttle body turned all the way down. i am picking up a new pcv valve tomorrow and was wondering would that fix the problem. also was wondering if there was anyway to swap the butterfly from the b18 throttle body to the b16 throttle body so i can rock that throttle body and the b16 MAP sensor instead of the b18 throttle body and MAP sensor.:thinking:

Please any comments or insight is appreciated, thanks :goodjob:

Starrfire
03-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Did you set the throttle cable in the correct position so the butterfly is completely closed. Undo the throttle cable and start the car and see if that did anything. Also you should never have to touch the idle screw.

loveA92da
03-17-2010, 07:52 PM
yeah the trottle cable was not tight at all turns out it was the pcv valve that was causing my problems like i thought and it is fixed now and idaling at 700:yes: