PDA

View Full Version : b20 vtec runnin strong!

B20B!Ithink?
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
all cels fixed but know when i hit vtec my cel comes on for knock sensor? someone shead some light on the situaion! 95 civic 4 door hasport mounts blah blah but my vtec hits reall really hard???

SlenderEG6
03-16-2010, 05:33 PM
damn that shitis clean!!!! wen u gonna give me a ride damnit!!!!

D3UC3S
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Vtec crossver is in wrong place if it "hits" hard....should be a nice smooth transition.....time for a tune homie

clean bay tho!

primespark22
03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
My type r swap use to do that,when vtec kicked in it would really jerk but a tune fixed it

Starrfire
03-16-2010, 08:37 PM
you using cheap gas? Or do you even have a knock sensor on the engine? It could just be going bad and be in need of replacement.

B20B!Ithink?
03-16-2010, 11:10 PM
vtec doesnt hit hard in a bad way but you know i was thinkin that the vtec could some how trip it and yes i have my knock sensor on my motor i did my car right im so tired of buying fucked up cars that i have to spend all my money fixing instead of improving. yes i run my car on premuim only! thanks for all the compliments oh and i have new headers lol those ons are gay i have some 4 2 1 headers like 4 all the way to the cat. there pretty B/A ill have to get up a new pic. i was thinkin about takin the knock sensor off the block and lettin it chill in the floor board to see if it still threw a cel but IDK tired of workin on my shit im to busy. but yea i am gonna get a tune from scotty next week.

Barefoot
03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
is it tuned

big mac
03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
you could check wireing. my old coupe did that and it went off after i turn off and on the car. turned out to that one of the wire for vtec was making contact with another wire

gerardojdm
03-17-2010, 10:12 AM
First off all, what kinda a motor is it? What ECU are you running? Looks like a PR3 head from the look of the intake manifold. Check if connections are good.

gerardojdm
03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
^^ sorry missing B20/V part. You are running a ECU that requires Knock sensor..

RBS
03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
its your ecu, get it tuned or something

B20B!Ithink?
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
i just said im getting a tune from scotty next week. currently running p72 gsr ecu and it runs fun but i think that big mac may be correct. because mine also throws no codes when i shut it off and back on. but i remember seeing a wire next to the vtec that was a little scared. i will look into that thanks. in the middle off makin a catch can at work to ill have to throw up some pics idk under what forum but i bent all the metal up today brought it to a buddy and he tacked it and i gotta get ome fittings and a nipple or something for the filter or filters. oh! but thanks for all the advice guys.

Starrfire
03-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Get him to just disable it when you get something to tune it with. Also a p72 map is horrible for anything other than a gsr with a stock manifold.

B20B!Ithink?
03-19-2010, 10:43 PM
hey guys fixed it im pretty shure it was the wiring. any ways went to rynolds tonight and ran a 14.67 street tires could have done better but got sometin on my tires wouldnt stop spinnin. no tune p72 ecu!

JGilbert312
03-19-2010, 11:15 PM
nice bay, you did a good job on that.. I'm thinking about tucking my bay on my Sol too.

Catnip
03-20-2010, 03:51 AM
hey guys fixed it im pretty shure it was the wiring. any ways went to rynolds tonight and ran a 14.67 street tires could have done better but got sometin on my tires wouldnt stop spinnin. no tune p72 ecu!

OUCH. We need to run. I'm LS/VTEC on a virgin P28, so should be pretty even, right?

B20B!Ithink?
03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
hit idk i have a virgin 28 also but it felt slower on that ecu so i didnt even try it at the track.but shit i run at rynolds where do you run?

B20B!Ithink?
03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
nice bay, you did a good job on that.. I'm thinking about tucking my bay on my Sol too.
thanks man i need to get a pic of the whole thing in the day time i have a pick at night but shitty(in my garage). it actually wasnt as hard as i thought i had the motor out put the harness on it and cut one wire at a time and had the other wires pre cut to a certain length and had but connectors already on them and just cut one wire grabbed a already cut one krimp krimp cut the next one krimp krimp and it was done. this was my first one but good luck dude!

97_luder
03-20-2010, 11:26 PM
i like your wire tuck, i have to set aside some time to do the to my lude. Did you run your harness through the fenders?

B20B!Ithink?
03-22-2010, 01:08 AM
i like your wire tuck, i have to set aside some time to do the to my lude. Did you run your harness through the fenders?
for the headlights threw the fenders. wind shield wiper motor and the ummmmmm brake wires? those two wires that go to the brake resevior i ran threw fenders then theres a hole that goes into where the windshield motor is and i ran the motor and brake resevior wires threw there under that plastic piece and threw that rubber grommet. the wiring harness i put on the motor out of the car hide all the wire as best as i could like uder the starter and under intake mani then started extending them and ran them all threw a whole i put in my fire wall worked out fairly well i threw MAP and IAT for a while. IAT was ba and MAP the main wire wasnt get power so i cut it at the ecu and cut it at the map and ran a new one fixed everything!

97_luder
03-22-2010, 10:27 AM
how long did it take you to do the whole tuck?

B20B!Ithink?
03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
how long did it take you to do the whole tuck?

um well i pulled my d15 when i got the car wire tuck, welded all holes, bondo, sand, paint, and dropped b20b stock in the car 2 and half days but that was workin full speed with a buddy commin over every night after he got off work the tuck itself i couldnt see takin more than a day but id never do it with the motor in the car. i started with hiding the harnees on the motor then i sat on the ground by the motor and extended all the wires and that was it. put the fuse box in the pass side air bag compartment!