PDA

View Full Version : OEM and refurbished compatible inkjet cartridges

civicturbo10
03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
A while back i converted to OEM / refurbished compatible inkjet cartridges. They come from a local retailer and they worked flawlessly after i figured out how to get them to work. Recently, they stopped working and the printer gives a sort of "printer cartridge error" meaning - it doesn't recognize it / wrong type of cartridge being used etc. Says, please use the correct cartridge etc. Well they worked before but here are the knowns.

1. Ran windows 2000 and converted to 64 bit vista last year. Under windows 2000 refurb cartridges worked fine as long as you do the work around (aka reset printer memory). Problem occured when cartridge ran out under vista 64 bit. Also, keep in mind i had to upgrade to a 64 bit driver for the printer when i went over to Vista 64 ( virtually everything needed new drivers). Possibly the new HP driver is better able to block refurbed inkjet cartridges, does anyone know?
2. Resetting the printer under Vista 64 does not work. The printer gives an error and doesn't like the refurb cartridges. There are 4 different methods of resetting the HP printer i have done all four multi times in diff combinations with no success. OEM HP cartridges work fine.

What are my options to get these cheapies to work? I have a few sitting around....now. Does anyone have experience with refurb / refilled cartridges under windows 7 or vista 64? Please share experience.
Printer Model is HP 6310 officejet.