PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned during breakfast....

xxbckiexx
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
This morning I learned two fascinating items. They have nothing in common, but might both be worth the same amount of value -- which isn't to mean they are of little to no value, actually I think knowing these things might be of value.

To place things in perspective, this morning I ate breakfast in a business hotel. Alone -- which is actually fine. Probably preferable, since the rest of today will be spent near humans -- not my favorite pastime.

So the first thing that I learned -- via eavesdropping (yes, I do it -- a LOT -- no, I have no remorse) -- is that apparently it is macho to tell chicks about how scared you were when you were being robbed. Dude at the table to my left is telling his buddy and the two chicks who were with them about the workings of assaults in Mexico City, and eventually he got to where he experienced a robbery himself. If my eyes weren't open, I would have thought I was inside a Mystery Theater episode. There was more hokey dramatic pauses than a daytime Mexican soap opera. And these chicks (one HOT, one not) were leaning forward and enthralled with each and every word. I'm not sure if anyone saw me use my fork to pry my eyeballs out of the position they had rolled into -- I tried to be discreet. So if I am to understand how this works, not only is it cool to discuss how little SA you have and how you are quite obviously not able to take care of your date (since you can't take care of yourself), but it is really cool to discuss the amount of fear you felt while being manhandled by others. Sigh. If my wife dies, and I have to date again, I think I am never going to get laid -- unless I fork money out.

The other thing I learned is that whipped cream is also known as Chantilly cream....

XanRules
03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
it's only called chantily cream in Europe.
Also, next time you're going to pull your eyes out, I recommend an ice cream scoop or a grapefruit spoon.