PDA

View Full Version : Update on Step-Dad, and view on Life

Deaf Pimp
11-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Well as some of you read in my last post, my step-dad has a bad case of stomach cancer. Thursday they did a biopsy and found he had ulcers on his stomach and around his intestine area. Monday afternoon they were going through with the surgery to remove his stomach and part of his intestines. I'm sitting at work and about 3:20 I get a phone call from my mom. She is crying hysterically saying that they couldn't do anything for John. Apparently the cancer spread so fast from his stomach to every other organ in his body since Thursday. :o

So now he is laying in a hospital bed, not really getting a general understanding of what is going on. He keeps talking about not wanting to die and how he is too young. He wanted to see his kids at least grow up and get married (they are only 8-9). 39 years old and this may be his last couple of months to enjoy what he wants to do in life.

What is sad is it takes something like this for people to actually come together. People he hadn't talked to in forever called him and came to see him. It's sad that it takes this much for me to say, Life is too fucking short. Sometimes it's best not to burn any bridges and get along with everyone because you never know what is going to happen anymore.

Sorry I had to get it off my chest, I am really sad. Granted this is my step-dad, but I cannot imagine if it was my Mom or Dad. You guys probably won't see me for awhile since I'll be taking care of my mom through this ordeal. Just please give a prayer or two or keep John in your thoughts. :) I am going to try and give him a good time for whatever time he has left.

Scrappy
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
you know I am here pat, as I have always been no matter what! same for your mom

A.P. Photography
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Very cool of you man. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Darling Nikki
11-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Pat remember what I said.... I am talking to Hiram about everything and John will be able to without a problem. He is a great guy. I hope for the best. Let me know when I can come with you again.

BufordŽ
11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Dang, Pat. I'm very, very sorry to hear about your step-father. Yous guys will be in my prayers. I'll call you in a few minutes when I get off of work.

Darling Nikki
11-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Pat I talked to Hiram....he is going to talk to his manager....shouldn't be a problem at all.

Deaf Pimp
11-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks Nickie, I think he'll really enjoy a ride in the Lambo. :)

5thgcelica
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
im really sorry to hear that.

i hope he doesnt suffer.

drupason
11-01-2005, 09:05 PM
If you need anythin man lets us know...my thoughts and prayers go out to your family

Brett
Pat if you need anyone to talk to, Im here for you anytime

Deaf Pimp
Thanks guys, I really appreciate that!

Kristi
11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
i'm so sorry pat, if there is anything i can do - let me know. i will keep you, him, and all your family in my thoughts and prayers

The Ren
11-01-2005, 09:18 PM
im so sorry pat.. if you need anything im a phone call away

Deaf Pimp
11-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Thank you ladies, I appreciate that very much.

Kristi
11-01-2005, 09:22 PM
you are very welcome - if you need a hug let me know - i have plenty to go around!

ALVIN
11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I'll keep all of yall in my prayers and thought. I'm sorry man.

HyPer50
11-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Damn... thats messed up.. Sorry to hear that.

quickdodgeŽ
11-02-2005, 04:36 AM
HUGE IA group hug for Pat. Sorry to read of your and your step-father's situation. Hope everything turns for the better. Later, QD.

fawk_you
11-02-2005, 04:48 AM
Like I told you before, let me know if you need anything...AT ALL!! My prayers are with you.

Deaf Pimp
11-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Thank you guys!

tightblue89
11-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Patrick mang I am sorry to hear this. Just stay real close to your Mom and step dad. That is the best thing you can do right now. I lost my Dad last year to leukemia so I know what your Mom is going though. It will not be easy but if you need to talk or anything dont hestitate to call me. You can find my number on the PVS phone list.

Kenny

AWD OWNZ U
11-02-2005, 09:23 AM
That's a rough situation man, I hope things turn out the best they can.

Vteckidd
11-02-2005, 10:34 AM
having lost both my grandfathers to cancer, i kinda know how you feel. Good luck and my thoughts and prayers go outto you and your family.

PhAtBoYMr2
11-02-2005, 10:41 AM
prayers go out to your family

yea man, i lost my great grandma b/c of cancer and my grandma is diagnosed with breast cancer.....hard shit to deal with but just know whatever happens its all in god's plan.

But yeah times like these bring everyone togeather, thats one thing my great grandma wished for, but hopefully you guys make it through alright...as life goes on

trythefly
11-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hearthat Pat. Make the time left with him count. I had to go through this time when my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. One of the hardest things I have ever went through. But we bonded closer in those 4 months than we had in 21 years.

AtifSajid
11-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Damn Pat..sorry to hear that..real sorry..what you said in your post is so very true to. you never know when you time will come..

The Yousef
11-02-2005, 11:26 AM
i've lost both my grandmothers from cancer....you and your family will be in my prayers man...

B16a2 Civic
11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Im sorry to hear about that news man, but there is always a glimmer of hope, i work for an health insurance company and we deal with cancer as well, seen alot of people pull thru even tho it has spread, i know there is acancer center in atl, if possible see how much info you could get on that ( sorry i dont have any info on that tho) but if you want, you can go to www.aflac.com
there will be a section for agents, just put your zip code in, call teh # they provide and ask him/her about the cancer center in atl, they should have waay more info then i have, hope it helps atleast a little.

Kevykev
11-02-2005, 12:06 PM
sorry to here that man, hope all is well soon.

Deaf Pimp
11-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the nice comments. The doc gave him two options today. He can live for about 3 months or he can go into chemo and live close to a year. I guess we'll see what he wants to do.