PDA

View Full Version : passing emmisions

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
my car has no cat or any of the emissions related parts that come with the car from factory. is there anyway to pass without getting a cat welded on?

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
nope. Not legally.

DO YOU REALLY NEED TO MAKE A FUCKING THEAD ABOUT THIS? ARE YOU RETARDED?

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
thats illegal unless you "live" in a county not requiring them...find a buddy,relative, fuck buddy not in an emissions county and register it there lol.

Thank god my parents live in barrow county

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 11:05 AM
nope. Not legally.

correct me if im wrong but isnt there a HUGE fine associated with such?

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
i didnt say anything about doing nothing illegal, i just asked was there a way to pass without one?

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
yeah its a federal crime, its a felony IIRC or a really bad misdemeanor.

He actually asked "hey can you pass emissions without having any emissions compliant equipment on the car"

Whats next? "Do you have to put water in your radiator for it to cool?"

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
i didnt say anything about doing nothing illegal, i just asked was there a way to pass without one?

if there was why would the have you do emissions? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
............*goes back to lobby*

blown_ss
03-15-2010, 11:13 AM
yeah its a federal crime, its a felony IIRC or a really bad misdemeanor.

He actually asked "hey can you pass emissions without having any emissions compliant equipment on the car"

Whats next? "Do you have to put water in your radiator for it to cool?"

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
just use your head or call an emissions station. Its common knowledge.

No your EF with a JDM B16 will not pass emissions, especially without a cat, but even with a cat you dont have the secondary 02 sensor wired in so i highly doubt it would pass.

you need to find someone to help you pass illegally or convert to OBD1 so you can use a proper ECU an turn the O2 sensors off.

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
ok, well i guess i should of named the title of this thread "can someone help me pass emissions".and if i had the secondary o2 sensor wired in, where would it go(in the header,before the cat or after the cat)?

SLow_POke
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
nope. Not legally.

:lmfao: idk why but i see you just pulling your hair out with all this. lol sry mike.

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
ok, well i guess i should of named the title of this thread "can someone help me pass emissions".and if i had the secondary o2 sensor wired in, where would it go(in the header,before the cat or after the cat)?

Ill be honest its far cheaper to "pass it" illegally than legally, or get a drivers license in a non emissions county.

Contact Scotty about chipping your OBD0 ECU and turning your O2 sensors off, then installing a cat i would call Mainstream Performance and talk to James or charles, that is you best legal option.

Installing a secondary O2 sensor will not pass you (long story) and youll still need a cat instaled

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
:D:D
:lmfao: idk why but i see you just pulling your hair out with all this. lol sry mike.

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 11:43 AM
well any help would be appreciated

ShortGeared
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Actually there are 2 other ways that are much easier ..legal ....and don't cost a bunch.......

1st....if your car is running absolutely perfect ....go get a pg7 or pm6 ecu both are cheap and will run a b16 ....this cuts the fuel curve and as well as reading only 1 o2 sensor...(no check engine lights either)

2nd ....e85...you'll want to do a mixture of almost 50/50....e85 of course burns hotter and cleaner lowering the hydro carbons and upping the oxygen output

..........an as for your car getting converted to obd-1 it wont change how your car runs ..only getting the ecu/ecm chipped will change it ...which is a far more expensive solution....although it is also another legal way of making it pass.

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
^^ thanks, what cars do the pg7 and pm6 ecu's come out of?

ShortGeared
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
the pg7 comes out of the 1st gen integra ...i believe 87-89

and the pm6 comes from the ef civic si 88-91

jdm-civic
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
ok. but with these ecu's will i still have to weld on a new cat?........sorry for all the questions i just need to get info on this

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Actually there are 2 other ways that are much easier ..legal ....and don't cost a bunch.......

1st....if your car is running absolutely perfect ....go get a pg7 or pm6 ecu both are cheap and will run a b16 ....this cuts the fuel curve and as well as reading only 1 o2 sensor...(no check engine lights either)

2nd ....e85...you'll want to do a mixture of almost 50/50....e85 of course burns hotter and cleaner lowering the hydro carbons and upping the oxygen output

..........an as for your car getting converted to obd-1 it wont change how your car runs ..only getting the ecu/ecm chipped will change it ...which is a far more expensive solution....although it is also another legal way of making it pass.

Using an OBd0 ecu still doesnt guarantee him to pass and HE WILL FAIL VISUAL inspection without having a cat installed.

A D16 SOHC NON VTEC ECU is not made to run a B16, it will run, but the fuel tables and ignition tables are totally different and wrong. He is just as likely to pass with a OBD0 B16 ecu as a SOHC . Its a guess at best

Vteckidd
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
theres 2 things you need to look at

1) VISUAL INSPECTION, they will look to see if you have a CAT, if you do not you fail.
2) You need to be able to physically pass SMOG test which means the test the emissions coming from your tail pipe. Having a cat doesnt automatically make you pass.

tnomud
03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Passing OBD1 here is a snap. Tack a heat shield on, toss in a gallon of E85 and go pass. I have done this.............it's OBD2 that's a pain.

punkr6
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
can someone BAN this retarded fuk already ?

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Cheapest/easiest way...

Go to a county outside of metro atlanta with a buddy...have one useless junk mail sent there (or if you want it easier, go to post office do an address change) get a new drivers license with their address and go register the car at your "new house" whats taxes now on an ef??? $48 maybe for ad valorem and tag?

punkr6
03-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Cheapest/easiest way...

Go to a county outside of metro atlanta with a buddy...have one useless junk mail sent there (or if you want it easier, go to post office do an address change) get a new drivers license with their address and go register the car at your "new house" whats taxes now on an ef??? $48 maybe for ad valorem and tag?

or he could do the right thing and make the car legal, but then again, He's an idiot and you're playing right into it....

tnomud
03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
or he could do the right thing and make the car legal, but then again, He's an idiot and you're playing right into it....

:lmfao:

KevinT707
03-16-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm also having trouble passing my CRX while running a cat (no 02 sensors).

Might have to try that E85 idea though, so I can get my tag.

SlowEG9
03-16-2010, 12:07 PM

Actually my car is perfectly legal where it is registered...and i do have a complete exhaust and can still pass if needed but according to my countys laws, I don't have to...

D3UC3S
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
white county tags FTW

punkr6
03-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Actually my car is perfectly legal where it is registered...and i do have a complete exhaust and can still pass if needed but according to my countys laws, I don't have to...

this thread was not about YOUR car retard...

SlowEG9
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
this thread was not about YOUR car retard...

You know, I find it highly hypocritical of your statements in here considering you were in another thread with denatured alcohol and all for passing...So, its OK for someone to pass with an additive knowing they cant otherwise while its not ok to be registered where emissions are NOT legally required??

My IQ has nothing to do with OP's question. Sorry you feel butthurt as to my suggestion as far as other options that will suffice until he can/wants to get his emissions squared especially since there is NOTHING illegal about how i mentioned going around it.

While I AGREE with you that he needs to be able to pass legitimately, how many people on here do you HONESTLY think do?

Thanks though for trying to have a pissing match

punkr6
03-16-2010, 05:42 PM
You know, I find it highly hypocritical of your statements in here considering you were in another thread with denatured alcohol and all for passing...So, its OK for someone to pass with an additive knowing they cant otherwise while its not ok to be registered where emissions are NOT legally required??

My IQ has nothing to do with OP's question. Sorry you feel butthurt as to my suggestion as far as other options that will suffice until he can/wants to get his emissions squared especially since there is NOTHING illegal about how i mentioned going around it.

While I AGREE with you that he needs to be able to pass legitimately, how many people on here do you HONESTLY think do?

Thanks though for trying to have a pissing match

now were getting the picture....:goodjob: