PDA

View Full Version : EG civic Issues

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Issue one:

So I've got more play in my shifter than i can really tolerate anymore. I can have the car in first and seriously almost hit passengers in the leg before it wants to stop...

Ive looked at blown up diagrams on parts and don't really know what parts are fried.

My Questions are:

1. How big of a pain in the ass is this (to diagnose what this is and ? short of doing oil changes, spark plugs, and basically very basic shit, I don't like to run a risk of ruining my cars.

2. What do i need to look for price wise on parts?

3. IF a retail parts store (advance, napa, etc) has the parts, are they going to be less reliable or a bigger pain in the ass?

Issue 2:

My gas hand is no longer working. Has not worked since i've had the car. After doing some research, it seems like its either the cluster or fuel sending unit.

My questions on this are:

1. Whats the best way to diagnose the issue without getting raped a diagnostic fee?

2. Is there any issue besides the fuel sending unit or cluster this could be I may have overlooked such as a fuse or something?

I'm not 100% clueless on cars but I do like to be careful on my cars if its something i can mess up and make the car undriveable.

Thanks for any help

Barefoot
03-15-2010, 07:13 AM
1st shifter bushings
2nd your best bet is to get raped on diag fee. bottom line if your asking how to diag it its above your level already.

Umby
03-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm with Barefoot on this one. The bushings are easy and you can get some nice urethane ones for around $20. The whole job should take maybe 30 minutes. Leave the electrical issues to the professionals.

Theycall_Metue
03-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Leave the electrical issues to the professionals.
x2
mess it up and it'll cost you 10x more

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm probably just going to eat the labor and just say the hell with it at the moment...

hadouken
03-15-2010, 08:43 AM
that will save a lot of your headache goodluck

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 08:45 AM
that will save a lot of your headache goodluck

you drive a red hatch by any chance?

hadouken
04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
yeah why? lol