PDA

View Full Version : 94 teg guage cluster light major problem

jfryer496
03-14-2010, 11:03 PM
okay guys, im no genius... but this is a major problem for me and im so stumped, okay i bougth a 94 integra ls from a car lot in atlanta, when i first got it half the tach and the temp gauge lit up and nothing else so i drove back to alabama with just that and iit didnt bother me, well i get home and took my gauges out and changed the bulbs and it all lit up agian, no problems. well my wiriing behind my radio is so messed up with stupid rigging, wires everywhere, started messin with them and turned my lghts on and my fuse kept blowing for the lights, well tapped all the wires up till i can take it to a audio shop to get all that squared away. well the other day i was outside cleanin my motor and stuff and left my lights on, well get in my car to go to school and the battery is dead.. i jumped it off didnt notice it till late ron in the night, but my gauge lights do not light up anymore, my bright light indicator lights up, my blinkers, service light battery, everything but my gauges light up. any ideas on what could be wrong? please i need help its bothering me!! thanks!

XanRules
03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
sounds like you just blew the bulbs again, probably got water on an electrical part like a distributor or something (I don't know much about Hondas or Acuras)
I'd also check the fuse you kept blowing, sounds like a bad ground shorting it out. Find the bad ground and fix it.

jdm-civic
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
im having the same problem, all the indicator lights are lighting up but the backlighting isnt. help would be greatly appreciated

Mr. Fix-it.
03-14-2010, 11:33 PM
i had the same problem. my dimmer switch went out. the one that controls the brightness off the panel lights. 95 % sure thats your problem. you can find one for like 20 bucks off ebay.

jfryer496
03-14-2010, 11:33 PM
yeah ive already put new bulbs in it.... and still no lighting up

jfryer496
03-14-2010, 11:35 PM
ahh let me see if i can find one, but if thats the problem ur a lifesaver!!!:D

Mr. Fix-it.
03-14-2010, 11:38 PM
ahh let me see if i can find one, but if thats the problem ur a lifesaver!!!:D

let me know how it goes. if thats not the problem, you need to trace your wires from that switch to your ground and to the fuse box. but i'm positive its that switch. get in your car and turn your lights on. tap that switch a few times and see if they flash, but make sure that fuse is good before you do that. most of the time its a short inside of it, and i good tap will connect it again for a short second.

jfryer496
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM
alright man, ijust ordered a switch! (: thanks agian bro!

Mr. Fix-it.
03-14-2010, 11:42 PM
alright man, ijust ordered a switch! (: thanks agian bro!
no problem. good luck and let me know how it goes.:goodjob:

jfryer496
03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
just sayin, the dimmer switch was the problem! thanks for teh info man i never woulda thought about that! mrfixit ur a lifesaver haha