PDA

View Full Version : Paint help required. Anyone?

MSP1660
03-14-2010, 07:42 PM
So I was on the way to pick up my sis-in-law cause her car broke down. Then, I was on PIB doing a little more than the posted limit. I was behind an SVT F-150. He got into the other lane. Then, when I was just about to pass the guy he was passing, a piece of wood about 3 inches in diameter and about 7 inches long flings from underneath his car and "gently" slams into my front bumper. I knew it wasn't going to go unscathed and of course, I was right. I now have a nice quarter sized chip right around the bottom part of the bottom opening of my front clip. DAMMIT!! FML.

Can anyone give me assistance with finding a place to paint my bumper? I really need someone who knows pearlescent paints, can mix VERY unique colors (Spicy is near impossible), and can do a proper multistage paint job with gold and silver flake. Looking to not spend a fortune but I'd like to get the whole bumper sanded down and repainted because it looks like crap on passenger side anyhow. Though the Carfax was clean, it's pretty apparent it's been hit in the front before me.

Endless3763
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Good luck bro wish i knew im in desperate need of paint too it kinda sux...

gforce71
03-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Any good shop should be able to do it. That said most will require that they blend the hood and fenders for an exact match. Just painting one panel to match is difficult. I could prep it for you but I would look for a good shop to paint it. I've used Lamar Holman's shop in Auburn when they were in Lawrenceville. They did a pretty good job matching my metallic paint. But you will probably be looking at upwards of 200 dollars for it.

MSP1660
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I got my rear bumper resprayed not too long ago by some dude for about that much. He was a friend of a friend type though. He did a decent job but it's a little dark. It just sucks donkey nuts that one chip of paint about the size of a quarter is going to make me respray the entire front clip. :cussing:

I figured it'd be about that cost too. I'm a little scared to get it prepped because if you look right around the passenger side of where a front plate should go, the paint gets raised a little bit like someone went crazy with filler. So I'm scared that the bumper will actually be two pieces someone ghetto rigged back together. I love this car because of the uniqueness but sometimes, it just pisses me the f*** off.

S2KJD
03-15-2010, 08:28 AM
1/4 size chip...touchup paint and be on your way.

MSP1660
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
The bumper needed to be repainted anyhow. It's obviously been painted before so a fresh new coat is needed IMO.

S2KJD
03-16-2010, 07:34 AM
i hear ya.

beeronus
03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
i can give it a shot, u usually dont have to blend when doing front bumpers only... but if ur color has many variances then might be difficult, whats the yr of ur car, ill look up the color code at school

MSP1660
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Spicy Orange Pearl Metallic Clearcoat 25T

That's what Mazda says it is. It's a 3 stage paint. However, I'm thinking because it is only the size of a quarter, I might try to flake it off to a point, then get some touchup and be happy with that for now since the entire car will need to be resprayed... eventually... *sigh*. How much would an entire 3 stage pearl clearcoat cost on a compact 4 doors sports car?

beeronus
03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Spicy Orange Pearl Metallic Clearcoat 25T

That's what Mazda says it is. It's a 3 stage paint. However, I'm thinking because it is only the size of a quarter, I might try to flake it off to a point, then get some touchup and be happy with that for now since the entire car will need to be resprayed... eventually... *sigh*. How much would an entire 3 stage pearl clearcoat cost on a compact 4 doors sports car?

not entirely sure about ur color, but i know some 3 stage paint jobs cost about 5gs or more