PDA

View Full Version : question, need opinions. (d16z6 content!)

d00d
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Alright, so have a bunch of oil leaks on my d16z6, slowly working through them one by one, friday my spool valve solenoid gasket/filter came in and i replaced it today, however i forgot order the other gasket on the top http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sr801_e1001.png[replaced 13 in diagram now 15 is leaking a steady stream( had a brain fart and forgot to order) i noticed it after i cleaned all the caked up oil on everything]. now my question is can i just put some black rtv around the outside of the valve where it is leaking, (not on the inside or anywhere near the inside of the solenoid of coarse) for this week untill the new part comes in ? Im just not sure if rtv will hold it untill then, although i know it will come off easy once i get the new gasket in. comments, opinions? i might just drive it this week and check the oil level every day, im just trying to decide if i should go to the store.

SOHC1
03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
go to the store and buy the gasket...or just wait till u get the one u ordered...:dunno:

Barefoot
03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
thats fine. just dont let it be a permanent thing.

Thegrizz
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
As long as you dont run that and forget about it.thatll be an ok temporary fix just change it as soon as you can.and scrape it all off then you do

d00d
03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
go to the store and buy the gasket...or just wait till u get the one u ordered...:dunno:
They dont have the gasket at the "store".:screwy:

preferredduck
03-15-2010, 03:00 AM
yea honda screwed me on that same gasket too, but that will be changed in a few days, i would do the same because i think those things leak more than we think it will.

d00d
03-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Honda gave me the wrong gasket, i used the correct part # however they gave me the thicker one with the screen on it, causing the corner of the solenoid mouting base to snap off with 9 ft lbs... be careful