PDA

View Full Version : Tyler**AKA JDMBLOCK-BAD SELLER

baby50
03-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Bought a head, distributor and intake from this kid and the head was not a VTEC head for one, Distrubutor was all rewired completely backwards and intake was not Z6 as stated but some tinny P06 Garbage. Typical coward wont return calls or PM's, Kids like this give IA a bad name. Do your research thouroughly before you deal with him. Buyer Beware.

sikfricks
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
could you not tell what it was before you bought it or was it shipped or did you realize and not buy which i hope you did

wanggsticky
03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
you musta didnt see a vtec solenoid

D3UC3S
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
x2 thats an easy one to spot

-EnVus-
03-14-2010, 09:16 PM
it either had to have a vtec solenoid or a port for it duh

baby50
03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah I did check but know this sounds stupid but was doing a mini me swap so at that time didnt know all the differences so it is partially my fault for assuming seller was honest and straight forward. I explained what i was doing and he said it was vtec for mini me but that still doesnt excuse his lack of being a man and at least respond to call or PMs. Plus i gave him 10.00 extra becuase he had no change. Expensive lesson learned on my part and firm believer in you reape what you sowe but still want others to beware of this child.

Thanks!

VickNotic
03-15-2010, 01:00 AM
dats SIckk deal right there, but no sides being taken here. But you should have done your research before doing anything.

Black4DrEK
03-15-2010, 09:19 AM
YOUR FAULT

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
you were doing a mini me swap yourself and didnt know to look for the vtec solenoid?

That really sucks though that you got screwed...maybe the seller didnt know what it was either?

bigdare23
03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
YOUR FAULT

How is it his fault when the seller purposely used his lack of knowledge to get over on him. How would you feel if your mother took her car to firestone and all they did was changed her valve cover gasket, but charged her for a headgasket? Would it be her fault?

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 09:29 AM
How is it his fault when the seller purposely used his lack of knowledge to get over on him. How would you feel if your mother took her car to firestone and all they did was changed her valve cover gasket, but charged her for a headgasket? Would it be her fault?

Could be misinformation to both parties...

Sucks either way though...just have to know what you are looking for...I bought a auto p28 last year whole time seller told me was manual...sucked but its a lesson learned

Just gotta check these days on parts for the obvious stuff for sure.

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 09:30 AM
and I didnt know firestone did headgaskets :)

punkr6
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
you were doing a mini me swap yourself and didnt know to look for the vtec solenoid?

That really sucks though that you got screwed...maybe the seller didnt know what it was either?

Could be misinformation to both parties...

Sucks either way though...just have to know what you are looking for...I bought a auto p28 last year whole time seller told me was manual...sucked but its a lesson learned

Just gotta check these days on parts for the obvious stuff for sure.

I agree but, why isn't he answering his phone ? I think he knew he was fucking the dude over...:dunno:

jadakid88
03-15-2010, 09:34 AM
firestone does everything...:yes:

jadakid88
03-15-2010, 09:35 AM
reps

DSM~420A
03-15-2010, 09:35 AM
YOUR FAULT
x2:lmfao:

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I agree but, why isn't he answering his phone ? I think he knew he was fucking the dude over...:dunno:

Could very well be...Is the thread on here where parts were sold or was it a behind the scenes deal? If the thread is here somewhere, I dont know if guy would knowingly post false info...if its behind scenes and nw he isnt answering...well, thats pretty fucked up

bigdare23
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Could very well be...Is the thread on here where parts were sold or was it a behind the scenes deal? If the thread is here somewhere, I dont know if guy would knowingly post false info...if its behind scenes and nw he isnt answering...well, thats pretty fucked up

Looks like dude had a wtb thread

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259450

No post from JDMBLOCK in the thread, so he must had hit the op through pms.

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Looks like dude had a wtb thread

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259450

No post from JDMBLOCK in the thread, so he must had hit the op through pms.

that sucks since there were some other decent deals posted in that thread...

Ive met mccoy before and just knowing him from another member here, i would have bought off him

ej6kidd
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
jdmblock is a vw jetta guy he really don't know much about Honda im not sticking up for him but i been to his house and done his swaps and he only had vtec heads so im pretty sure you have a vtec head probably just missing the solenoid mite want to check and see but hope u both work this out he never gets on here anymore so u should find him on vw fourms

SlowEG9
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
jdmblock is a vw jetta guy he really don't know much about Honda im not sticking up for him but i been to his house and done his swaps and he only had vtec heads so im pretty sure you have a vtec head probably just missing the solenoid mite want to check and see but hope u both work this out he never gets on here anymore so u should find him on vw fourms

OP posted it was a p06 head.

Can we get pics of the head and distributor that weren't correct?

punkr6
03-15-2010, 09:49 AM
that sucks since there were some other decent deals posted in that thread...

Ive met mccoy before and just knowing him from another member here, i would have bought off him

Mccoy is a stand up guy with a great reputation on here, He should have bought from him....:2cents:

jdmblock
03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
woah woah here is the thing, it was a vtec head it had a vtec sylonoid. and the guy called me and i answered the phone he was sayin some stupid shit about the pistons hitting the valves and i had pulled it off a running motor so thats bs i think what happened is he fucked up on the timing. i am not taking responsibility for this guys fuck ups. and i didnt even sell a dizzy with the head. also how can a dizzy be wired up as backwards it either works or dont. i can understand if it had been cut and spliced and shit but i never do anything like that.. so idk what this guys deal is but i did not sell a non vtec head to anyone i have never even had a non v tec head. when i sold it to him i also explained that it would be smart to get it shaved and do things right before he just slapps it on a non vtec head i even tried to help him out when he called. i also called him back after calling around and seeing what could have gone wrong. its not my fault that you fucked the head up. :2up:

baby50
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Hold up son, I dont know who you called or what number you have been dialing but you have my numbers and you answered one time when I was installing the head thats it. Only thing f'd up is your lack of character as we could have handled man to man but you wanted to play games and not respond to voicemail and PM's sent to you. Dont be stupid the head was a vx head which you is VTEC but now the correct head to do a mini me swap and not y8 or z6 which is what i talked to you about on the phone or anyone can see in my WTB posts and what i needed to do the mini me swap. Head was not damadged during install and I was testing clearance like any knowledgeable person would do when installing a diffrent head on block and asking you again to be sure that this was a standard SOHC vtec head. At that poing you could have been straight up and said "I dont know" or "No it wont work" but insteady your replied "yeah it ran fine when had on D series just put 2 head gaskets on it??". It didnt work becuse the cumbostion chamber is diffrent on VX head and domed pistons wont clear.

Only thing I did wrong was assuming you were a standup seller and know what i was doing so thumbs down to my self for assuming you were intelligent, but as my post states dont buy from this guy unless you do thorough research on items he is selling.

01-14-2010 07:22 PM baby50 View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Send Email
down by law
Join Date Oct 2005
Location lawrenceville
Age 38
Posts 69 Rep Power 5 Re: Head
Tyler head you sold me is vx head and didnt work. Had to buy another head from machine shop for 330.00> So I need to get my money back for this head. You can give me 50.00 especially considering I overpaid you 10.00 for original agreed upon price.

Originally Posted by jdmblock
Yo I have a y8 head 50 bucks and a j spec d15b v tec head very low miles still gold under the vc for 65 bucks lmk 770 363 8982

quickdodgeŽ
03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Mccoy is a stand up guy with a great reputation on here, He should have bought from him....:2cents:

If this "Mccoy" dude is JDMBlock, he is far from having a good reputation on here. Later, QD.

D3UC3S
03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
mcCoy is mcCoy...hes a damn good guy

SlowEG9
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM
If this "Mccoy" dude is JDMBlock, he is far from having a good reputation on here. Later, QD.

mccoy1178, not JDMBlock...didnt mean to get off track.

Back ont opic though, The head was indeed a VTEC head, just not a y8 or z6?

baby50
03-16-2010, 03:33 PM
That is fine if you want to defend your boy but facts are the facts. He is not a standup person or who would have called or responded to my pm so i didnt have to go this route. Obviously he needed the money more than i did and were not talking about a lot of money anyhow. If you make a mistake or arent sure of something just own up to it. Yeah technically its a Vtec head but what i asked for which is Z6,Y8 or needed and I spent 330.00 on a good head at machine shop with lapped valves and surfaced head and this head I will sale on EBAY but will be straight up and honest about what the head is and what block will work with. Nobodys perfect just own up to when you make a mistake when you hide and dont respond to numerous calls you look shady.

marcos713
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM

mcCoy is mcCoy...hes a damn good guy

agreed, mccoy is a good guy that wont do you wrong. havnt met him personally, just talked to him over the fone when i needed help with some wiring.

Barefoot
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
partially my fault

Thanks!
not partially this is all your fault. had u done 2 min. of searching on the net u would have known what u was buying.

ive been buying parts from him a atleast 5 years now from $5-$2000 not a single time had even the smallest issue. hell he is about 1 of the only sells i trust on here.