PDA

View Full Version : trying to lower need help with lca bolt...'00 civic.

ryanfincher
03-13-2010, 11:47 PM
ok so when we were trying to lower my civic its a 2000 civic ex, we torqued off the lca bolt, i've been told it might do that but decided to give it a shot and we torqued the head right off. so now i'm stuck without a lowered car and i have to get a new bolt for it or i have to get a new lca, and i'm worried it might happen on the right side also. can anyone help me out with this anything helps, also i've heard when this happens you have to mechanically have the bolt pushed in with the bushing or something with some kinda tool, i've googled this all over but cant find much help. ANYTHING HELPS!!! thanks alot.:cheers:

chinitoxamor
03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
FAILED!!!!

ryanfincher
03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
FAILED!!!!

in a way yes, the car still drives fine i mean its still screwed in just cant get it out without tapping it out, but i mean i know i can buy another bolt, but where and what to do once i get it since it has to be professionally installed now lol, i was wondering if there was another way to fix this myself since shops are like 400$ to install haha fuckkkk

Eman_jDm
03-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Hahaha man i just put my lca on today too. and had the same problem on one side too. haha. man wat i did to the other side was use an impact gun and pb blaster to loosen the nut. as for the torqued one i had to weld on a bigger bolt onto it be able to take it off. thats one way to do it. just make sure u use a 14 and not 9/16 and spray the bolt to loesen it. i have to spare bolts that go in there if u want them.

Eman_jDm
03-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I also got the stock lca if u want it

ryanfincher
03-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Hahaha man i just put my lca on today too. and had the same problem on one side too. haha. man wat i did to the other side was use an impact gun and pb blaster to loosen the nut. as for the torqued one i had to weld on a bigger bolt onto it be able to take it off. thats one way to do it. just make sure u use a 14 and not 9/16 and spray the bolt to loesen it. i have to spare bolts that go in there if u want them.

wow man finally someone feels my pain haha, ill try using the impact gun and pb blaster also but could i get those spare bolts and that lca from you? i could pay ya for shipping or i can come get them that'd be a huge huge help i appreciate it. and you said you welded a bigger bolt on? what i mean by we torqued the head off, is that the whole head just snapped off and its smooth on the lca now lol its gone. i dunno if thats what you were talking about or not just makin sure

ryanfincher
03-14-2010, 12:24 AM
and we sprayed the shit outta the bolt with wd40 before we tried gettin it off but that didn't really help lol obviously

Mantooth
03-14-2010, 12:29 AM
and we sprayed the shit outta the bolt with wd40 before we tried gettin it off but that didn't really help lol obviouslyYou should have used PB Blast, imo.

Eman_jDm
03-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Yea i got 2 of those long bolts left. what side do u want the lca. pb works way better. i dont want to shiP. you'd have to come pik them up im in norcross. what i did was strip the head all the way till it was round. lol

ryanfincher
03-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Yea i got 2 of those long bolts left. what side do u want the lca. pb works way better. i dont want to shiP. you'd have to come pik them up im in norcross. what i did was strip the head all the way till it was round. lol

okay i think all i will need is the two long bolts my lca is not messed up it is only the bolt thats broken, and norcross ga?
and do you know about the bushing inside the lca? i read somewhere that you have to have it pressed in with the bolt or something with some kinda tool, did you have to do that?

Barefoot
03-14-2010, 12:44 AM
torch>deep creep>pb>wd40

Eman_jDm
03-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Na idk about any special tools. yea norcross exit 101 off of 85 pm me around 2 im goin to sleep now.

chinitoxamor
03-14-2010, 05:09 AM
i guess i'll get around to this when i change over to my blox lca

Humphrizzle
03-14-2010, 05:12 AM
ok so when we were trying to lower my civic its a 2000 civic ex, we torqued off the lca bolt, i've been told it might do that but decided to give it a shot and we torqued the head right off. so now i'm stuck without a lowered car and i have to get a new bolt for it or i have to get a new lca, and i'm worried it might happen on the right side also. can anyone help me out with this anything helps, also i've heard when this happens you have to mechanically have the bolt pushed in with the bushing or something with some kinda tool, i've googled this all over but cant find much help. ANYTHING HELPS!!! thanks alot.:cheers:

drill it out.. thats what i had to do.. it's very hard steel bolt so find a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry strong bit.. start small and work your way up then bolt extractors and you should be able to get it out..

make sure you keep the drill oiled at all times to keep from dulling your bits.

JDMJAYDC2
03-14-2010, 06:32 AM
drill it out.. thats what i had to do.. it's very hard steel bolt so find a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry strong bit.. start small and work your way up then bolt extractors and you should be able to get it out..

make sure you keep the drill oiled at all times to keep from dulling your bits.

hit it right on the head i had the same issue on my integra i actually ordered all brand new bolts from honda when i replaced mine tho i didnt want to take the chance of this happening again the bolts are like 4 or 6 each just something to think about.

if you use old bolts then your going to be right back in the same boat when it comes time to install new full coilovers or you want to upgrade your lca so why not have something new in there that wont rust out?

AMD_Civic
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
if you go to sears they have a tool set called the screw extractor set its like 20 bucks...you use it to drill the stud then use the other tool that came with the set to drill it out..!! thats what imma bout to do with the broken mount studs on my block..!!

The BUCKY
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
same thing happed on my 2000 hatch couple weeks ago i just went ahead and replace the lca and left the damn bolts in there. both sides broke off

Black4DrEK
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
^ O shit..

The Bucky

ShortGeared
03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Depending on which bolt you brake the head off of these are all good solutions...one of the easiest ways i believe is this....
all bolt holes/ nuts that these said bolts thread into on hondas,acura basically any car your working on are welded at 3 of the 6 corners...
this being said take a Die grinder (preferably) or chisel to the weld to remove them....
after thats done take a punch or fillips screw driver and a hammer to knock out the remaining bolt end (if needed to loosen rust use PB Blaster)....
replace with a factory bolt and a 14mm nut( you can re-weld the nut if wanted )

This can be done to the 2 bolts closest to the brake assembly. The bolt on the sub-frame may need to be cut one more time. In order for it to be removed fully. do to its length.

ryanfincher
03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
ok one last thing i;m about to order new bolts but when i get the stocks out will i have to buy new bushings or something i keep hearing that its a bitch to fix the bushings, just wondering if i drill it out it will mess up the bushings, or can i just replace the bolt and go with it? thanks

B20B!Ithink?
03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
downs i did the same thing on my car the nut on the back side is tack welded so get a 19mm socket half inch drive socket wrench. and also grab a breaker bar my broke off with so much ease it was a joke then i just got a bolt and nut! PROBLEM SOLVED