PDA

View Full Version : HID issue

ava_Z32
03-12-2010, 06:08 PM
i searched and didn't find anything. my problem is i just got an HID low beam kid from dynamic, and i came home put it in as per the broken english directions, and i have only my passanger side light working. i switched the balasts and the bulbs from one side to the other, and moved the ground, and i'm still only getting the p/s light to come on. replaced my headlight fuses with new ones, and still nothing. :thinking: any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
-Andrew

Nguyen128
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
You using a relay?

What happened to panama? :ninja:

ava_Z32
03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
You using a relay?

What happened to panama? :ninja:

no, i don't think so. it's an HID controller, that goes to power wires for the balasts, and it's got the power wire to the battery, and the ground coming out of it, and then it plugs into one of the stock bulb locations.

and i called eddie tuesday night and he didn't answer. and it was like an 80% chance of rain for wednesday and thursday. so.... :/

Barefoot
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
u know they do the install an all for dirt cheap. just let them do it and no head ache.

DC2NR
03-12-2010, 09:11 PM
If the ballast plugs into your stock one, make sure you push the plug in all the way. Sometimes aftermarket kits don't fit right, which in turn doesn't connect the leads together.

Eg4LiFe
03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
switch the plug around.. you might had it wrong on one of them

sina518
03-13-2010, 12:04 AM
If the ballast plugs into your stock one, make sure you push the plug in all the way. Sometimes aftermarket kits don't fit right, which in turn doesn't connect the leads together.

what he said!!!! if you cant figure it out by monday pm me ill come fix it after school i live in alpharetta

ava_Z32
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
preciate all the replies guys. i got it working, had to plug one of the balasts in backwards causes the leads on the harness were reversed. reps to all.