PDA

View Full Version : Starlight 6 Drive in!

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I got this idea last night at a very small meet I went to last night. How about when it gets warmer we get together for a 'Movie Night' at the drive in?

http://www.starlightdrivein.com/images/address.gif

I'm pretty sure other people will be there so if we do it, no dumb shit okay(i.e. burning out, revving your engine, playing your radio obscenely loud....you get the idea)......I want to make this an ongoing summer thing, if all goes well.

Admission is 7 dollars, 2 for kids, and free for the 2 and unders. If you dont have a radio.....you might wanna buy one or come with someone that does....lol

They have a Flea market on Saturday if anyone is into that kind of thing. 25cent admission, $10 for a selling space. Great way to get rid of shit you don't want.

I'm thinking later in March-early April...when all this crazy weather ceases. And after the first one...every two weeks after that, or month, depending.

Here's the link: http://www.starlightdrivein.com

Additional Info:

For us that live around my area(Alpharetta), we meet up around 7-7:30. The Usual Barnes and Noble location.

From there we should head down to the Varsity to meet the others(if any), and leave from there no later than 8:00(since it starts to get dark around that time).

For the ones around the area of said drive in, if you can hang out in the parking lot where there should be a plaza and a Church's Chicken on the corner of Moreland and Custer Ave....my hometown area....lol, we can all go in together....which should be like 8:15-8:30.

If you guys have better meeting arrangements/ideas, I am open to hearing them.

loverboy_gnd
03-12-2010, 10:26 AM
sounds good to me when yu tryna do this any dates in mind

ilbcnu123
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
definitely down..

Turbodude06
03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Sounds like a good idea...

GGPIS3
03-12-2010, 12:38 PM
crazy, i was talking about the same thing last night. then i started thinking about how many modified cars would be running during the movie.... all the systems that would be bumping... and then i realized how unrealistic it would be. just think about it... even if it were only 30 cars. if all 30 cars were running so that their batteries wouldn't die, all the exhausts... all the fumes... yeah.. doesn't seem too feasible imo, but good luck with it. maybe if it were a meet for all the daily drivers lol.

Turbodude06
03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
crazy, i was talking about the same thing last night. then i started thinking about how many modified cars would be running during the movie.... all the systems that would be bumping... and then i realized how unrealistic it would be. just think about it... even if it were only 30 cars. if all 30 cars were running so that their batteries wouldn't die, all the exhausts... all the fumes... yeah.. doesn't seem too feasible imo, but good luck with it. maybe if it were a meet for all the daily drivers lol.

good point:goodjob:

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I think if that was an issue....you may want to check your car before coming out. Unless you have some sick-ass sound system that requires a lot of juice....and the car needs to run to keep the battery charged. As for me...I wont have that issue....lol

And plus...driving charges that battery. Depending on where you are coming from it may take a min to get there....so if you can't hold a charge for at least 2 hours, I think its time for a new battery.

What? Your car isn't a DD? lol

JITB
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
have any of you took your lowered car to that place.. its a nightmare....half of us wouldnt be able to drive out...

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
have any of you took your lowered car to that place.. its a nightmare....half of us wouldnt be able to drive out...
Haven't talked to you in years! How the hell are ya?

I haven't been there in forever...is it that bad?

GGPIS3
03-12-2010, 04:20 PM
with all the electronics in my car, it doesn't take long to drain the battery. like i said earlier, i had the same idea... i think it would be cool, just not feasible. now if everyone had only an intake and some hid's... i suppose it could work. however, there are alot of heavily modded cars on this site and thats where my thought process veered toward. most of my friends have very loud cars, even the slow ones lol.

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 04:32 PM
with all the electronics in my car, it doesn't take long to drain the battery. like i said earlier, i had the same idea... i think it would be cool, just not feasible. now if everyone had only an intake and some hid's... i suppose it could work. however, there are alot of heavily modded cars on this site and thats where my thought process veered toward. most of my friends have very loud cars, even the slow ones lol.I see your point. :goodjob: I just have an upgraded six-speaker system, new head unit and a modified exhaust.....lol.

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 04:35 PM
sounds good to me when yu tryna do this any dates in mind
Im thinking every other Saturday or maybe one Sat a month.....since everyone is doing meets on Thursday and such.

JITB
03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Haven't talked to you in years! How the hell are ya?

I haven't been there in forever...is it that bad?

im good, but yea, its a bunch of hills and humps because u have to park your car on a incline its really bad for lowered cars..

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 05:04 PM
im good, but yea, its a bunch of hills and humps because u have to park your car on a incline its really bad for lowered cars..

I see...

Glides
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
A guy I used to hand out with runs that place. Huge guy named Jim Stacy. Anyway, my slammed 56 Plymouth made in and out of there with very little scraping and they host the Labor Day thing with the Hot Rods....so most of you will be safe. Might scrape off some front lips of Civics...but hey, there's plenty of them on this site, nobody will miss em.

JITB
03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
A guy I used to hand out with runs that place. Huge guy named Jim Stacy. Anyway, my slammed 56 Plymouth made in and out of there with very little scraping and they host the Labor Day thing with the Hot Rods....so most of you will be safe. Might scrape off some front lips of Civics...but hey, there's plenty of them on this site, nobody will miss em.

when i had my svt contour, i went and scraped like crazy... and my car wasnt even lowered... it may have been my driving tho...

Jay B II
03-12-2010, 08:19 PM
That sounds cool. I'm in if it ends up happening. I haven't hung out in a while so it will be a good chance to meet some people. I don't have to worry about the Sorento scraping...LOL

punkr6
03-12-2010, 08:25 PM
the weather is damn near perfect for it now, what we gonna see...?

psychodrama_81
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm leaning toward Shutter island.....they got some other good ones as well....

Umby
03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm down... I spend half the summer weekends there anyway :goodjob:

punkr6
03-13-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm leaning toward Shutter island.....they got some other good ones as well....

seen it last week, very good movie...:goodjob:

psychodrama_81
03-16-2010, 06:43 AM
What is up with the temp drop? I assumed it was going to be warmer....

edgarda91
03-19-2010, 09:21 PM
im down and for those that are worried about dead bat. just get a boom box and bring it with u. thats what i do when i go

psychodrama_81
03-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Haha Nice.

psychodrama_81
03-21-2010, 10:06 PM
For our 1st meet:

How does the 27th sound? That is, if the weather permits. Meet up times are on the first page....let me know if I should change something.

Oh and btw...PICK A MOVIE! I really don't have a preference since I have seen anything lately. But if I must pick.....Shutter Island or Wolfman.

ava_Z32
03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
down. but i'm guessing that the sound plays through your radio? don't have my radio hooked up cause i never use it. just iPod.

anybody got a boom box and some D batteries i can barrow? lol

psychodrama_81
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
down. but i'm guessing that the sound plays through your radio? don't have my radio hooked up cause i never use it. just iPod.

anybody got a boom box and some D batteries i can barrow? lol
If its nice out I can share my sound from my speakers...lol

But I do have a boom-box....no batteries though.

ava_Z32
03-23-2010, 01:10 AM
If its nice out I can share my sound from my speakers...lol

But I do have a boom-box....no batteries though.

haha if it's not nice out i'm not going. i wanna go windows down t tops out haha. but hell i'll buy some batteries. or shit i think the adapter to get my radio functional is only like 20 bucks. maybe i'll just hook it up lol.

psychodrama_81
03-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Whos Down for Brooklyn's Finest Tonight at 8:30????

psychodrama_81
06-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Resurrecting this old thread...maybe I can spark some interest again?

Benz
06-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm interested!

psychodrama_81
07-31-2014, 11:59 PM
So Am I...but this place is so damn dead most of the time. It's sad.

psychodrama_81
08-07-2014, 02:14 PM
bump