PDA

View Full Version : General Chat trying to find the words

whatever210
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
so lately here on IA i have been browsing and seen some threads with flush wheels blah blah whatever. expensive cars with flush wheels and jdm shit and so on. and within those threads or any threads ive encountered all i see is people putting other peoples cars down. i mean i know everybody has their own taste but shit. if you enter a thread and you have nothing nice to say why dont you just hit the back button rather than put something negative down. unless they ask for opinions.

i love cars. im always up for seeing other cars that may not be in my taste but have a lot of work, time and money invested in them. its cool to see what other people are doing these days. but realy its just aggravating to go into a thread and see nothing but negative remarks for like 3 pages straight untill i see one good comment. what happened to just getting together working on cars doing it because we love to do it.

i mean am i the only one that seeing this happen. were tearing each other apart in here and its so fustrating to see it because if your a car person then you can appreciate anybodys hard work. thats just me i dunno. maybe it is just me. but thought i say it....maybe somebody will hear me.

5speed
03-11-2010, 11:42 PM
No! We all love carbon copies of each others cars and nothing else!

There isnt anything fresh anymore. People act like they have to have gobs of money to do anything nice anymore. Just doing something different even if its been done before would be nice. I am tired of seeing the same shit over and over.

TicketRedBB6
03-12-2010, 04:23 AM
I think it's somewhat good to an extent. People have a right to their opinions and sometimes those opinions might be something the poster may not have considered before, etc. It's also kind of funny/entertaining in a way. But yeah, lately it's been none of the above most of the time. Just people seeming to take random car pics personal and bash them as hard as they can. That doesnt help anyone.

TicketRedBB6
03-12-2010, 04:25 AM

There isnt anything fresh anymore. People act like they have to have gobs of money to do anything nice anymore. Just doing something different even if its been done before would be nice. I am tired of seeing the same shit over and over.
I agree. People used to do what they wanted whether it was cool, the current style, whatever. Now it's like everyone feels the need to jump on all these bandwagons and majority of the time they do all look the same.

EP3sAreFun
03-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Dude, this is Importatlanta.

Grow some thicker skin or don't post. *shrug*

DriVaH
03-12-2010, 08:13 AM

not trying to bash or anythinhg but to me this sounds like you have lost the car feeling.... if this is so then find a new hobby. there is only so much that can be done to a car, so there are gonna be tons that look the same. if it is done out of passion it will never get old, but if it is done to fit in, intrest will be lost quickly.

DriVaH
03-12-2010, 08:19 AM
just seems to me like everyone seems to be here for the love and passion that is the automobile. key word being seems

1SICKLEX
03-12-2010, 08:25 AM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kytb4xVZzy1qzhrj9o1_400.jpg

EP3sAreFun
03-12-2010, 08:33 AM

i dunno... i haven't seen too many Megasquirt MPI wingless wide-body starions around... *shrug*

oneSLOWex
03-12-2010, 08:41 AM
If you dont want negative feedback or it really bothers you, dont post it on the internet. Im not gonna go into a thread and say I like something when I dont.

whatever210
03-12-2010, 08:43 AM
If you dont want negative feedback or it really bothers you, dont post it on the internet. Im not gonna go into a thread and say I like something when I dont.
did i say go into a thread and pretend to like something? no, if you read my first post it clearly states why not just hit the back button if you have nothing good to say about it....its that simple. and i could care what people think of my car. it has one sole purpose and its not a looking contest for me. i rather have my 400hp than looks anyday

oneSLOWex
03-12-2010, 08:46 AM
did i say go into a thread and pretend to like something? no, if you read my first post it clearly states why not just hit the back button if you have nothing good to say about it....its that simple.

Things get posted on the internet for people to look at and comment about. If you cant say something negative...why is it ok to leave something positive? Its feedback either way and its what you are looking for when you post pics of your car on the internet.

whatever210
03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
most peopel follow the trend because its what others seem to like. people are afraid to seperate themselves and try something different because they know if they do itll be frowned upon. its kinda like peer presure.

oneSLOWex
03-12-2010, 08:52 AM
most peopel follow the trend because its what others seem to like. people are afraid to seperate themselves and try something different because they know if they do itll be frowned upon. its kinda like peer presure.

Mehh I agree somewhat....but like others have said you can only be so original. To me it doesn't matter if someone else is doing it as long as its what you like and you are not doing it because Honda-Tech is doing it or someone else you think is "cool".

whatever210
03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Mehh I agree somewhat....but like others have said you can only be so original. To me it doesn't matter if someone else is doing it as long as its what you like and you are not doing it because Honda-Tech is doing it or someone else you think is "cool".
yes but see everytime you try to do something you like or think its cool then post it because your proud of your hard work then bam you get hit with 80 neg comments or 6 pages worth before somebody say hey man not my taste but its cool to see something different

oneSLOWex
03-12-2010, 09:07 AM
yes but see everytime you try to do something you like or think its cool then post it because your proud of your hard work then bam you get hit with 80 neg comments or 6 pages worth before somebody say hey man not my taste but its cool to see something different

I dont care though....thats the thing because Im sure what they like I hate just as much as they hate mine. When you post something on the internet, you are posting it up for people to review it or make comments on it. Good or bad.

DriVaH
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
yes but see everytime you try to do something you like or think its cool then post it because your proud of your hard work then bam you get hit with 80 neg comments or 6 pages worth before somebody say hey man not my taste but its cool to see something differentthe thing to remember is that you like it, past that nothing else matters. not everyone is gonna feel the same and if you can't handle that then don't post it up.. i have no build thread. never have never will. not that i am afraid or care what people might think, it is not my thing. only 3 people on here have seen pics of my car (it is not on the road yet). the point i am making is fuck what other people think.... do you. i think like you to a degree, if i see a pic i don't like i hit the back button. not everyone feels or thinks the same so no matter what you do there will always be neg comments.

ilbcnu123
03-12-2010, 12:18 PM
its the fucking internet.

5speed
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
not trying to bash or anythinhg but to me this sounds like you have lost the car feeling.... if this is so then find a new hobby. there is only so much that can be done to a car, so there are gonna be tons that look the same. if it is done out of passion it will never get old, but if it is done to fit in, intrest will be lost quickly.

Oh you mother fucker!!!! lol j/k

I understand what you mean. I know that pretty much everything has been done but it doesn't mean that resorting to old styles or even a style outside of the Import game is bad. Just little touches can make a car unique to me even if everything else is the been done over and over.

Nobody thinks outside of the box anymore.

I have an idea that is pretty nice. I would like to get a old school Toyota Crown or first gen Celica and get all the chrome trim painted Black Chrome and paint the body Black, and have it sitting on Black Chrome rims. That is something that has been done before but you sure as hell dont see it often and pretty hard to find even with google on muscle cars.

See I thought of something fresh.

allout13
03-12-2010, 11:38 PM
so lately here on IA i have been browsing and seen some threads with flush wheels blah blah whatever. expensive cars with flush wheels and jdm shit and so on. and within those threads or any threads ive encountered all i see is people putting other peoples cars down. i mean i know everybody has their own taste but shit. if you enter a thread and you have nothing nice to say why dont you just hit the back button rather than put something negative down. unless they ask for opinions.

i love cars. im always up for seeing other cars that may not be in my taste but have a lot of work, time and money invested in them. its cool to see what other people are doing these days. but realy its just aggravating to go into a thread and see nothing but negative remarks for like 3 pages straight untill i see one good comment. what happened to just getting together working on cars doing it because we love to do it.

i mean am i the only one that seeing this happen. were tearing each other apart in here and its so fustrating to see it because if your a car person then you can appreciate anybodys hard work. thats just me i dunno. maybe it is just me. but thought i say it....maybe somebody will hear me.

agreed

Oh you mother fucker!!!! lol j/k

I understand what you mean. I know that pretty much everything has been done but it doesn't mean that resorting to old styles or even a style outside of the Import game is bad. Just little touches can make a car unique to me even if everything else is the been done over and over.

Nobody thinks outside of the box anymore.

I have an idea that is pretty nice. I would like to get a old school Toyota Crown or first gen Celica and get all the chrome trim painted Black Chrome and paint the body Black, and have it sitting on Black Chrome rims. That is something that has been done before but you sure as hell dont see it often and pretty hard to find even with google on muscle cars.

See I thought of something fresh.

whats the difference between the first person to copy a style and the second person to copy a style? second and third? third and fourth? fourth and 1000th? nothing. anyway you slice it, styles are copied because someone thinks that it looks good. The second person is no different from the 1000th person.

1SICKLEX
03-13-2010, 01:59 PM
agreed

whats the difference between the first person to copy a style and the second person to copy a style? second and third? third and fourth? fourth and 1000th? nothing. anyway you slice it, styles are copied because someone thinks that it looks good. The second person is no different from the 1000th person.

http://eagercolin.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

ghostrida3
03-13-2010, 04:07 PM
most forums have rules that you cant bash other peoples cars--but this is importatlanta lol.. i dont think its wrong to criticize a build but do it in a positive way. ex: "i am not feelin those altezzas i think the stock lights look cleaner". I have done stuff on my cars that i am sure is not popular but i dont care, i like it. i pay for it. if you dont like it cool tell me why and how you think i can improve on it. if you cant do that without telling me how stupid i am or i that i am ugly and cant read good then i agree w/ the op just hit the back button. i have just hit the back button myself probably 3times in the last 20 minutes. but this is importatlanta. to me if you wanna trash someone at least post pics of what you got.

5speed
03-13-2010, 07:39 PM
agreed

The difference is whats played out. Do it when its the right time. When there are carbon copies of cars left and right is when it should stop.

Mantooth
03-13-2010, 11:18 PM
http://satgnu.net/upload/lavacroft/images/random/sandy_vagina.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/undeniablynikki/Random/Funny/SandyVag.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/JeremySWelch/SAndyVagina.jpg

DriVaH
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
The difference is whats played out. Do it when its the right time. When there are carbon copies of cars left and right is when it should stop.
so your saying that even if that is what you like, don't do it cause everyone else is doing it? that will stop when people loose intrest in cars. i am not saying you can't try to be different, by all means do you. but copies are made cause the formula works.

5speed
03-16-2010, 08:30 PM
so your saying that even if that is what you like, don't do it cause everyone else is doing it? that will stop when people loose intrest in cars. i am not saying you can't try to be different, by all means do you. but copies are made cause the formula works.

Yeah, I can understand people wanting to do a mod to their car bc it looks good. I guess I really just have a problem with people not being creative anymore. It is like nobody even tries but the Honda guys, and only thing that came out that I thought was cool was the graffiti bays.

Nerdsrock22
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I can understand people wanting to do a mod to their car bc it looks good. I guess I really just have a problem with people not being creative anymore. It is like nobody even tries but the Honda guys, and only thing that came out that I thought was cool was the graffiti bays.

Not everyone who modifies a car is trying to be original or push the envelope. If they see something they like, and afford it, they do it.

Also, just because it's played out on IA or the automobile internet culture in general, doesn't mean they are anywhere near common. Sure I've seen VIP LS460's all over the internet, I could assume that everyone with a $70k Lexus must have bags and 11 inch wheels, when in reality, it's like 5 guys in California who's pictures get posted every time the word "VIP" appears.

wanganU13
03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
op,good point and im tuned in to see what comes of this thread,and thats my :2cents:

KodyH
03-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Someone find a members car that doesn't get bash...I dare you :ninja:

Nerdsrock22
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Someone find a members car that doesn't get bash...I dare you :ninja:

Neither my EP, Fit, or RSX was ever bashed.

tdurr
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM

all of the honda's u have owned blew monkey dick!

better? lol

RUFFIAN
03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
to be honest, people have no courage any more. they are so wrapped up in what others think that they spend thousands of dollars recycling other peoples ideas. as far as getting your feelings hurt by an internet gangster wannabe, grow thicker skin.

KodyH
03-17-2010, 06:17 PM

Your RSX looks like shit...
With those green ass rims! :D

oneSLOWex
03-17-2010, 06:19 PM
most forums have rules that you cant bash other peoples cars--but this is importatlanta lol.. i dont think its wrong to criticize a build but do it in a positive way. ex: "i am not feelin those altezzas i think the stock lights look cleaner". I have done stuff on my cars that i am sure is not popular but i dont care, i like it. i pay for it. if you dont like it cool tell me why and how you think i can improve on it. if you cant do that without telling me how stupid i am or i that i am ugly and cant read good then i agree w/ the op just hit the back button. i have just hit the back button myself probably 3times in the last 20 minutes. but this is importatlanta. to me if you wanna trash someone at least post pics of what you got.
LOL wheres the fun in having a someone babysit you and be like "NO! you cant have an opinion unless its a good one!"? If another person's negative comments or opinion are going to offend you, dont post pictures on here for everyone to see.

Nerdsrock22
03-17-2010, 06:19 PM
all of the honda's u have owned blew monkey dick!

better? lol

Your RSX looks like shit...
With those green ass rims! :D

Ok...Ok...I get it. :(

tdurr
03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
hehe.

DriVaH
03-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I can understand people wanting to do a mod to their car bc it looks good. I guess I really just have a problem with people not being creative anymore. It is like nobody even tries but the Honda guys, and only thing that came out that I thought was cool was the graffiti bays. i am more into function than anything else so my builds are more performance oriented. i tend to like it simple and clean. many people happen to feel the same way so there are going to be a few million look alikes. i have only owned one car with a body kit and it was a yota starlet widebody. other than that clean simple and faster than stock. usdm/jdm, whatever you wanna call it, as long as i am happy with what i have that is all that matters. BUILD FOR YOU!!!!!

alpine_aw11
03-18-2010, 01:06 PM

So the Honda guys tried being creative by doing what VW owners had been doing for years? It may not seem like it but all the "trends" we're seeing now have actually been going on for a long time. There isn't much left to do that's unique and actually useful. As long as people do shit right I don't see why it matters if they're hopping on a bandwagon or not, those guys aren't going to be the ones to start something new anyway.

5speed
03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
So the Honda guys tried being creative by doing what VW owners had been doing for years? It may not seem like it but all the "trends" we're seeing now have actually been going on for a long time. There isn't much left to do that's unique and actually useful. As long as people do shit right I don't see why it matters if they're hopping on a bandwagon or not, those guys aren't going to be the ones to start something new anyway.

I don't follow VW and probably never will. I wasn't saying that they are the first but look who got all the attention for it. I definitely love function over style, but style is what I like to see to to push the envelope. Anybody can drop loads of money into a car and make it fast and handle well. It isn't as easy to excite me when just looking at turbos, superchargers, and all that shit bc I see it all the time.

Mantooth
03-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Someone find a members car that doesn't get bash...I dare you :ninja:Mine has never been bashed, but I do know how to properly modify a car.