PDA

View Full Version : ATTN:To the STANCE followers (nuttswingers)

Slow Motion
03-11-2010, 11:07 PM
To the Stance Dickriders (Note: You may or may not fall into this category),

I must admit that having good fitment is nice but, damn. Now every dickriden' follower of what is supposedly cool is saying it now. Stance this, Stance that, Stance, Stance, Stance. Well, damn nuttswinger we get it. You got the stance of a man who likes buttsecks.

I thought stance was something you noticed, something that was just a given. You look at the car and admire the wheels, along with the interior and the story the guy tells about how rebuilding his engine was a pain in the ass because he broke a head stud, or blew the head-gasket during the break in. Not something that would replace JDM or having actual parts that makes hp.

Me personally I am somewhat of a wheel whore. I like the real deal and when they are perfectly fitted on a car, it's like a nice set of BBS LM's right out of the box. But, it's not the car or the end all be all of TUNING right. IDK seems like Stance is gonna be hare for a while till someone does something different which draws the attention away from Stance. I would prefer everyone jump on an engine at least there would be some good build threads going on. Just my view point. I can't tell anybody what to do but, I can say stop being Fuckin' BITCHES.

My :2cents:.

Waits for the comments to roll in.

Got Milk?
03-11-2010, 11:30 PM
why do u care so much?

Slow Motion
03-11-2010, 11:32 PM
From the conversations that me and people I know that like cars, to stance picture on this website, to stance pictures that are on other websites. It's just me venting. My :2cents:. Nothing more. I don't expect to change the world with a thread, my friend.

-EnVus-
03-11-2010, 11:35 PM
lol i almost made a thread like this idk how many times...
I hate the whole Stance this and Stance that shit. If its the new fad then guess ill be uncool and not follow.
I don't have nothing against ppl like JITB but damn i bet his post count is nothing but Stance threads.....:ninja:
Lets leave stance to the DUBCITY playas and lets keep our import thing clean and just fitment NOT Stance lol

ash7
03-11-2010, 11:49 PM
I would prefer everyone jump on an engine at least there would be some good build threads going on.

They typical thing to do is building an engine - in fact, i'd say that's much more cliche' than having aggressive wheel/tire fitment on a vehicle.

But overall, i agree with your post.
-jonathan

Echonova
03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Stance is the new JDM

-EnVus-
03-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Stance is the new JDM
Then lets get me a name change please :(

Mantooth
03-11-2010, 11:59 PM
why do u care so much?Why do your posts suck?

To the OP, MOTHERFUCKING DOT!

StanceFails.jpg

Echonova
03-12-2010, 12:08 AM
They typical thing to do is building an engine - in fact, i'd say that's much more cliche' than having aggressive wheel/tire fitment on a vehicle."Building" an engine means more than slapping on a Password JDM whale penis intake, header and an e-Bay exhaust...

Sadly I think this concept is lost on a generation.

jfman
03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Horsepower never goes out of style.

tdurr
03-12-2010, 12:20 AM
"Building" an engine means more than slapping on a Password JDM whale penis intake, header and an e-Bay exhaust...

damnit, i would rep u if i could right now.

4eyedbox
03-12-2010, 12:38 AM
"Building" an engine means more than slapping on a Password JDM whale penis intake, header and an e-Bay exhaust...

Are you sure bout that? What if I add cams and gears? No, still not built?

This is one thing that really irks the living fuck out of me.

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 01:27 AM
hey dont forget if you dont like the stance fad,you're a hater.

cjhutch
03-12-2010, 01:39 AM
I made a post and put it in my title and someone came in having a hissy fit because of the title and pictures of my car that I posted. I meant it as a joke and by the pictures I posted I thought it would be pretty clear that I was not part of the "Stance" crew. I have no problem with it and I think it's wrong to tell people that dislike stance to not post in a topic where they see it in the title. We are all here to voice our opinions and if you don't want to hear what others have to say then you're in the wrong place.

I kind of see it as the anti-performance. Not everyone wants to get to the next stoplight faster than everyone else. It's kind of like the low-rider scene where they just ride low and slow. Get from Point A to Point B and do it in style.

toxxxic
03-12-2010, 04:21 AM
who gives a shit?

bowdown201
03-12-2010, 06:53 AM
What she said^^

There were tons of haters on "JDM" so what makes this any different? No matter what someone is gonna do somethin to their car that THEY like and not care about what YOU think. Simple as that

Elbow
03-12-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000821888969&ref=ts

STANCE FAILS

DriVaH
03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
can't we all just get along?????

~hides~

Elbow
03-12-2010, 07:07 AM
I made a post and put it in my title and someone came in having a hissy fit because of the title and pictures of my car that I posted. I meant it as a joke and by the pictures I posted I thought it would be pretty clear that I was not part of the "Stance" crew. I have no problem with it and I think it's wrong to tell people that dislike stance to not post in a topic where they see it in the title. We are all here to voice our opinions and if you don't want to hear what others have to say then you're in the wrong place.

I kind of see it as the anti-performance. Not everyone wants to get to the next stoplight faster than everyone else. It's kind of like the low-rider scene where they just ride low and slow. Get from Point A to Point B and do it in style.

Then go be homo somewhere else.

Mantooth
03-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Then go be homo somewhere else.No shit. I wouldn't consider it stylish. I can get from point A to B and do it in style without looking like I have busted shocks.

Elbow
03-12-2010, 07:12 AM
No shit. I wouldn't consider it stylish. I can get from point A to B and do it in style without looking like I have busted shocks.

LOL X2

ATLTSX
03-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Funny shit.

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Proper fitment, as i like to call it, has been around for quite some time. And true it seems that as of recent its become the "cool" thing to achieve but honestly i believe the constant presence of it is opening eyes that were slightly closed before. You dont realize you like the new Dominos pizza until you see the commercials and you go try it. But still it only appeals to a select few folks that either have the fitment gene in them, dont have the money for super performance mods (like myself), & folks that just wanna be different but not in a reckless manner.

Why TT a K series motor? I assume because its never been done and gosh darnit because you want to.

Why push the limits of an LSx? Because you like power and because gosh darnit you want to.

Why add all sorts of suspension doo dads to your STI or any vehicle for the matter? Because you like the way it handles and because gosh darnit you want to.

Why have what is considered good fitment by those that appreciate it on your vehicle? Because you think it looks good. You get a feeling of self accomplishiment by pushing the limits of a not often utilized aspect of a vehicle. and gosh darnit because you want to.

Why do you only wear Bananna Republic? Because THAT is YOUR brand. Nothing else fits your butt nicer and nothing else keeps you warmer. Why do i love Ralph Lauren? Because of the feeling i get when i wear his clothes/shoes/hats/fragrances. Folks like fitment because that's simply their favorite brand of modding. If EVERYONE was created the same life would be extremely boring. As someone stated before they're waiting for a new trend to come about, i am too. maybe then fitment folks wont be chastised any longer for liking what they like.

I'm a firm believer in "to each his own". but really... to each his own maaaaaaan.

BKgen®
03-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Proper fitment, as i like to call it, has been around for quite some time. And true it seems that as of recent its become the "cool" thing to achieve but honestly i believe the constant presence of it is opening eyes that were slightly closed before. You dont realize you like the new Dominos pizza until you see the commercials and you go try it. But still it only appeals to a select few folks that either have the fitment gene in them, dont have the money for super performance mods (like myself), & folks that just wanna be different but not in a reckless manner.

Why TT a K series motor? I assume because its never been done and gosh darnit because you want to.

Why push the limits of an LSx? Because you like power and because gosh darnit you want to.

Why add all sorts of suspension doo dads to your STI or any vehicle for the matter? Because you like the way it handles and because gosh darnit you want to.

Why have what is considered good fitment by those that appreciate it on your vehicle? Because you think it looks good. You get a feeling of self accomplishiment by pushing the limits of a not often utilized aspect of a vehicle. and gosh darnit because you want to.

Why do you only wear Bananna Republic? Because THAT is YOUR brand. Nothing else fits your butt nicer and nothing else keeps you warmer. Why do i love Ralph Lauren? Because of the feeling i get when i wear his clothes/shoes/hats/fragrances. Folks like fitment because that's simply their favorite brand of modding. If EVERYONE was created the same life would be extremely boring. As someone stated before they're waiting for a new trend to come about, i am too. maybe then fitment folks wont be chastised any longer for liking what they like.

I'm a firm believer in "to each his own". but really... to each his own maaaaaaan.

You tell 'em, Kash.... GOSH DARNIT.

Elbow
03-12-2010, 08:07 AM
You left one thing out.

IT TAKES NO SKILL, GIVES NO PRIDE, IT'S NOTHING GOOD FITMENT EXCEPT AN ILL HANDLING CAR...I DON'T MEAN ILL ON A TRACK I MEAN IT DRIVES LIKE SHIT AND WEARS TIRES OUT TOO FAST.

BKgen®
03-12-2010, 08:09 AM
You left one thing out.

IT TAKES NO SKILL, GIVES NO PRIDE, IT'S NOTHING GOOD FITMENT EXCEPT AN ILL HANDLING CAR...I DON'T MEAN ILL ON A TRACK I MEAN IT DRIVES LIKE SHIT AND WEARS TIRES OUT TOO FAST.

Toe wears tires faster than camber... just throwing it out there.*

*DISCLAIMER: BKgen® does not support or uphold the views/beliefs of the tire stretchers and stance nazis.

changaroo
03-12-2010, 08:10 AM
stance is for fags.

Elbow
03-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Toe wears tires faster than camber... just throwing it out there.*

*DISCLAIMER: BKgen® does not support or uphold the views/beliefs of the tire stretchers and stance nazis.

True. I bet half of the "stance" girls don't even know what toe is though.

Slow Motion
03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Reiterating, that this is just my :2cents:. I feel ya Kash Money, To me it's moving past proper fitment to--my "stance sticker" is cooler than yours, or my wheels are more geometrically aligned to my car which make me better than you.

~fin~

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
You left one thing out.
IT TAKES NO SKILL, GIVES NO PRIDE, IT'S NOTHING GOOD FITMENT EXCEPT AN ILL HANDLING CAR...I DON'T MEAN ILL ON A TRACK I MEAN IT DRIVES LIKE SHIT AND WEARS TIRES OUT TOO FAST

1. you stated more than one thing that i "left out"
2. believe it or not you do use your brain. There’s a lot of math involved if you’re doing it right. Modding for power takes no skill if you ask me. You see someone with say.... a turbo kit on a car that you own. You see he's putting down X amount of horses. What do folks typically do? They ask what he has. THEN they apply it to their vehicle inevitably replicating the one that did it first. In most cases of the fitment scene you ALWAYS have to factor in unknown values due to everyones vehicles being different.
3. a sense of Self Accomplishment IS pride.
4. No offense but I got lost after the pride thing. :thinking: please repeat :o

True. I bet half of the "stance" girls don't even know what toe is though.
i beg to differ. thats one of those things you have to know in order to do it right. Sure there are a select few that don't care to know some things but you come across that type of folk in every scene.[/COLOR]

TSiFTW
03-12-2010, 08:37 AM
While I would never do it, and most of the time think it looks retarded, especially on performance based cars, sometimes I will admit it looks great on the right car. There are several things I don't like but that doesn't mean it's wrong. No one on this site is the end all to car modifying, trends are trends, and you either follow them or you don't. Just remember that there are very few leaders and LOTS of followers in this culture and just like music there are LOTS of sub genres of the traditional Show and Go. If your into show, chances are you don't wanna go fast and you just wanna look good, opposite for go.

To sum things up I do not think I have the right to tell ANYONE that ANYTHING they do to THEIR cars or trucks is wrong or right. If I like it I will tell you so. If I don't most of the time I will just keep my mouth shut, or if I do it will be constructive on what I think could be done to better the quality.

bowdown201
03-12-2010, 08:41 AM
While I would never do it, and most of the time think it looks retarded, especially on performance based cars, sometimes I will admit it looks great on the right car. There are several things I don't like but that doesn't mean it's wrong. No one on this site is the end all to car modifying, trends are trends, and you either follow them or you don't. Just remember that there are very few leaders and LOTS of followers in this culture and just like music there are LOTS of sub genres of the traditional Show and Go. If your into show, chances are you don't wanna go fast and you just wanna look good, opposite for go.

To sum things up I do not think I have the right to tell ANYONE that ANYTHING they do to THEIR cars or trucks is wrong or right. If I like it I will tell you so. If I don't most of the time I will just keep my mouth shut, or if I do it will be constructive on what I think could be done to better the quality.

This

Elbow
03-12-2010, 08:41 AM
1. you stated more than one thing that i "left out"
2. believe it or not you do use your brain. There’s a lot of math involved if you’re doing it right. Modding for power takes no skill if you ask me. You see someone with say.... a turbo kit on a car that you own. You see he's putting down X amount of horses. What do folks typically do? They ask what he has. THEN they apply it to their vehicle and inevitably replicating the one that did it first. In most cases of the fitment scene you ALWAYS have to factor in unknown values due to everyones vehicles being different.
3. a sense of Self Accomplishment IS pride.
4. No offense but I got lost after the pride thing. :thinking: please repeat :o

i beg to differ. thats one of those things you have to know in order to do it right. Sure there are a select few that don't care to know some things but you come across that type of folk in every scene.

With the toe thing I'm not really speaking of some of the real guys who do it like yourself but the poser ones who usually ruin it for the select few who really are into it. Just like drifting, Hondas, etc. There are always the fan boys who make everyone else look bad.

I know it takes thought and trial and error to get the camber and everything right so the fitment is how you want it but it doesn't really take skill. I've been doing alignments in my driveway since I was fifteen and it's just a time and patience thing none of it is really hard.

MINI
03-12-2010, 08:57 AM
STANCE AS FUCK YO

I JUST GOT SOME STANCE STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN YO

STANCE JUST KICKED IN YO

THATS HELLASTANCE BRO

COOL STANCE BRO

NAH STANCE?

Slow Motion
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Not quite ^^^

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:03 AM
With the toe thing I'm not really speaking of some of the real guys who do it like yourself but the poser ones who usually ruin it for the select few who really are into it. Just like drifting, Hondas, etc. There are always the fan boys who make everyone else look bad.
word. i can dig it! there are bad apples in every aspect of this whole car thing. We cant escape them. :no:

I know it takes thought and trial and error to get the camber and everything right so the fitment is how you want it but it doesn't really take skill. I've been doing alignments in my driveway since I was fifteen and it's just a time and patience thing none of it is really hard.
When i read your skill comment i wasn't exactly referring to alignments but rather getting wheels on the car PERIOD. lol
I am far from stupid but math was NEVER my favorite subject back in school. but ever since exposed to the fitment scene (thanks to my Lexus) ive found myself adding, subtracting, dividing, using unknowns, using all sorts of shit i never liked before. And i do it all in my head. they make offset calculators but there's no fun in using them if you ask me. I feel a sense of accomplishment when i just look at a vehicle and can tell you what you need to achieve the fitment you're looking for.

I see the fitment thing like this… People that once stood in the shadows have come out and found acceptance. Just like body-kit boys in the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Just like the JDM/Euro boys in the mid 2000’s. There’s the fitment guys of the latter part of the decade. All the folks I stated ALL still exist. But they’ve already found they’re group of people that accept them for who they are. They haven’t died off they just aren’t the center of attention anymore. The Fitment scene may do the same. It'll become accepted as a normal thing and the folks that hate it won't bother with it too much cuz something else young and hype will be around.

MINI
03-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Not quite ^^^

But ooooh so close.

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
But ooooh so close.
nah playa

Doppelgänger
03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
I dunno.... I think "stance" is definitely a poseur thing to do. I mean, you're taking a nice wide wheel, sticking a shitty narrow tire on it , maxing out camer and not giving two fucks if it's useful or not. It falls under the same catergory as someone who takes a showroom stock Chevy Monte Carlo and dresses it up to look exactly like a NASCAR Cup car.

The other thing that pisses me off is that people will dog on damn good expensive wheels because they're not "low offset" some some bullshit like that...but the same nutwisngers will praise Diamond Racing steel boat anchors, SportFag wheels because they "fit". Fuck that. I want a set of BBS LMs*, but they only make it in a 17x7.5" +42...I'd need at least +20 for internet anal approval....but fuck that...I'd still rock the fuck out of them because 1) They're fricken LMs 2) They'll be functional and 3) If you have the mouth (or fingers) to make a single negative comment about fitment and LMs, you need to clean out your vagina.

I don't give a fuck is someone thinks my car has "stance" (I don't think it really does)...but I'm also rocking SSR CR-S with giant Brembos on a daily driven car....

Wide wheels are meant for wide tires.

*BBS LM is used for example, can be replaced with J-Line, Volk, CCW, SSR, etc...

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I dunno.... I think "stance" is definitely a poseur thing to do. I mean, you're taking a nice wide wheel, sticking a shitty narrow tire on it , maxing out camer and not giving two fucks if it's useful or not. It falls under the same catergory as someone who takes a showroom stock Chevy Monte Carlo and dresses it up to look exactly like a NASCAR Cup car.

The other thing that pisses me off is that people will dog on damn good expensive wheels because they're not "low offset" some some bullshit like that...but the same nutwisngers will praise Diamond Racing steel boat anchors, SportFag wheels because they "fit". Fuck that. I want a set of BBS LMs, but they only make it in a 17x7.5" +42...I'd need at least +20 for internet anal approval....but fuck that...I'd still rock the fuck out of them because 1) They fricken LMs 2) They'll be functional and 3) If you have the mouth (or fingers) to make a single negative comment about fitment and LMs, you need to clean out your vagina.

I don't give a fuck is someone thinks my car has "stance" (I don't think it really does)...but I'm also rocking SSR CR-S with giant Brembos on a daily driven car....

this is gonna be fun... cuz i really like you. :D
brb... i'll edit my post in a bit. i gotta finish processing this application. :goodjob:

Doppelgänger
03-12-2010, 09:19 AM
this is gonna be fun... cuz i really like you. :D
brb... i'll edit my post in a bit. i gotta finish processing this application. :goodjob:

Remember it's just how I see it. I'm saying everyone should go all battleship or anything....or maybe I am talking about the extreme cases of "stance". It's really becomes a grey area between stance, flush, stretch and fitment...and that people often think about one, when talking about another and that other person could be thinking of something totally different. Shit, re-reading my post, I think I maybe have gone off on a tangent about the wrong term myself lol. Maybe I'm too use to seeing what people call 'stance' in the Miata community and my view is all skewed. Am I back pedaling? I don't even fucking know.

Maybe I am too much into the functionality of modifications-
I can spot the difference between someone doing it "right" and someone doing it to be on the bandwagon and can appreciate the time/money that has gone into getting a car to have the right "stance"-

Frankly...I think the word is just played the fuck out and people need to stop sticking a fucking label to every God damn thing out there. Remember words like "tricked out" and "show car" and "kitted out" before everyone started throwing around "clean" and "JDM"....which are generall written-off now and the new cool *ish is "dope/flush/stance/hella flush".

Ripped from the pics section- This picture.. some will call it "flush", some might call it "stretch" some might call it "stance" and some might call it "slammed"...I say I love the wheels, I like the color combo...but it's not what I would have done.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2690/4375277576_b1437d3d85_b.jpg

BKgen®
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
This whole "stance" thing doesn't bother me as long as the car is drivable. Some of the cars look damn good -- dumb camber or not.

But fuck trailer queens. Cars are meant to be driven.

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Remember it's just how I see it. I'm saying everyone should go all battleship or anything....or maybe I am talking about the extreme cases of "stance". It's really becomes a grey area between stance, flush, stretch and fitment...and that people often think about one, when talking about another and that other person could be thinking of something totally different. Shit, re-reading my post, I think I maybe have gone off on a tangent about the wrong term myself lol. Maybe I'm too use to seeing what people call 'stance' in the Miata community and my view is all skewed.

Maybe I am too much into the functionality of modifications-
I can spot the difference between someone doing it "right" and someone doing it to be on the bandwagon and can appreciate the time/money that has gone into getting a car to have the right "stance"-

Frankly...I think the word is just played the fuck out.
lol! Its all good bro. I've honored your opinion since 2003 when i knew nothing. :goodjob:
I actually feel honored that i can speak to you with something valid to say about a topic i now know about.

and oh yeah... the word "Stance" is played the fuck out. True story. :D

but here goes...

I dunno.... I think "stance" is definitely a poseur thing to do. I mean, you're taking a nice wide wheel, sticking a shitty narrow tire on it , maxing out camer and not giving two fucks if it's useful or not.

240 dudes did it but everyone forgot about those guys :D

The other thing that pisses me off is that people will dog on damn good expensive wheels because they're not "low offset" some some bullshit like that...but the same nutwisngers will praise Diamond Racing steel boat anchors, SportFag wheels because they "fit". Fuck that.

Just because a wheel is expensive doesn’t make it better. But that’s a whole other conversation.

If someone dogs a wheel on a car that is being modded not for fitment but for other purposes they’re utterly WRONG for doing so. They’re uneducated people. Then again folks that dog someone with a low offset wheel because they’re not expensive is in the wrong as well. A lot of Fitment guys are wheel fanatics and don’t always take too kindly to “cheater wheels” like the DR’s and Sportmaxes. There’s no thinking when purchasing those. There’s no real PRIDE in getting fitment out of those wheels.

I want a set of BBS LMs, but they only make it in a 17x7.5" +42...I'd need at least +20 for internet anal approval....but fuck that...I'd still rock the fuck out of them because 1) They fricken LMs 2) They'll be functional and 3) If you have the mouth (or fingers) to make a single negative comment about fitment and LMs, you need to clean out your vagina.

LM’s are God’s 2nd favorite set of wheels next to RS’ :D
You’re stupid not to like them.

On certain applications. For the enthusiast that wants to fit a wide wheel on to their car simply because they like the style of wheel and width they need a smaller tire. That’s that. They just do. The smaller tire serves a purpose. It may not serve a purpose to you because you don’t want it to. But for the person that loves the wheels and wants them to fit, it serves their purpose.

Doppelgänger
03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Everything I just said in the above post.

Not a problem at all, I absolutely don't mind a good discussion. Any half-wit will never be opposed to another person's insight.

By the way, I added more to my other post...but I'm sure you've seen that already lol

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Not a problem at all, I absolutely don't mind a good discussion. Any half-wit will never be opposed to another person's insight.

By the way, I added more to my other post...but I'm sure you've seen that already lol
lol yeah... i think his car looked better on his old Work Eurolines. i think they fit better. but thats just me.
but at the state his car is in... i like the stance, the height, but i dont like the wheels.

Elbow
03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Great discussion, DO should be the official spokesman for stance/flush/fitment all of that because he puts a real life and real deal respectable perspective on it without just saying fuck you you're a hater.

Doppelgänger
03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
And for the record, in my opinion, when I think of 'having you cake and eating it too' (aka "stance") I think of stuff like this..

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/9.jpg

http://jaydeemmm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/blackr34.jpg

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Great discussion, DO should be the official spokesman for stance/flush/fitment all of that because he puts a real life and real deal respectable perspective on it without just saying fuck you you're a hater.
bwahahahahahahahahahaha! :lmfao:
yeah some folks just dont have enough patience to express how they feel in a tactful unmenacing manner. :D

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
And for the record, in my opinion, when I think of 'having you cake and eating it too' (aka "stance") I think of stuff like this..

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/9.jpg

http://jaydeemmm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/blackr34.jpg

Mmmm... happy mediums! gotta love it :yumyum:

KodyH
03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
This whole "stance" thing doesn't bother me as long as the car is drivable. Some of the cars look damn good -- dumb camber or not.

But fuck trailer queens. Cars are meant to be driven.

Do you own a Burger King? :ninja:

BKgen®
03-12-2010, 10:46 AM
lolol

ash7
03-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Then go be homo somewhere else.

so, whatever happened to personal preference? "Stance" is one of those things. "The blown shock look" is one of those things. Porsches configured for circuits and having big, ugly spoilers is also one of those things.

-jonathan

e30pwr
03-12-2010, 01:30 PM
reps to those being civil in an arguement for once. i figured i would get to the last page and still have some name calling going on. DO is on point with his statements.

Elbow
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
so, whatever happened to personal preference? "Stance" is one of those things. "The blown shock look" is one of those things. Porsches configured for circuits and having big, ugly spoilers is also one of those things.

-jonathan

I support personal preference.

However, if I comment that I don't like it or it looks like shit when it REALLY does look like shit and someone replies "fuck you hater" and stuff like that, then it makes everyone else associated with that preference look like a tool.

I like ANY car that looks good, is fast, or whatever, I don't have a list of what I will and won't like. I like some VIP cars and hate others. Also some personal preference I don't even think the person who made it prefers, I think some just crave attention. Which is just sad.

Slow Motion
03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I support personal preference.

However, if I comment that I don't like it or it looks like shit when it REALLY does look like shit and someone replies "fuck you hater" and stuff like that, then it makes everyone else associated with that preference look like a tool.

I like ANY car that looks good, is fast, or whatever, I don't have a list of what I will and won't like. I like some VIP cars and hate others. Also some personal preference I don't even think the person who made it prefers, I think some just crave attention. Which is just sad.

This statement is true.

Nerdsrock22
03-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Lots of good stuff in here. It's been a good read.

I've posted my share of "stance" cars on IA, but I'm certainly not a card-carrying member. I appreciate any car that was done with a sense of quality and passion; track beast, race car, stanced, JDM, FnF, show car, or rat rod. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it's been done well.

I'd still much rather see a mint Civic with candy lime green paint, a crazy body kit, and motegi's then a guy who just went on jdmebaystore.com and added all the right things to his checkout basket, slapped them on, and pasted on a crooked shocker sticker.

JITB
03-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I always had a problem with posers and people that try too hard to do something regardless of what it is. This so called "new trend" isnt new, its just a evolution. i wont say i got into that scene but if i was gonna put together a vip styled car i was gonna have to have a good fitting tire..stretch poke, and slam was and is the only way. it takes a bold man to take their great riding comfortable car, and to make it sit a certain way, and turn it into a stiff stance machine..

but i appreciate everything. dont matter what it is, i will like something about it, i just cant not like a put together vehicle.. its just not me. I even have a hard time saying anything non constructive.

i honestly dont understand how people that dont like it or arent into it, spend more time talking bad on what they are not into. There isnt a thread like this on stanceworks, or hellflush.... but on every other forum i go on there is a "im tired of (stance-flush) " thread... i seent it

have u all been seeing how much love some IAers have been getting all around the world!

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Lots of good stuff in here. It's been a good read.

I've posted my share of "stance" cars on IA, but I'm certainly not a card-carrying member. I appreciate any car that was done with a sense of quality and passion; track beast, race car, stanced, JDM, FnF, show car, or rat rod. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it's been done well.

I'd still much rather see a mint Civic with candy lime green paint, a crazy body kit, and motegi's then a guy who just went on jdmebaystore.com and added all the right things to his checkout basket, slapped them on, and pasted on a crooked shocker sticker.

i agree with this.

i mean i like alot of the cars,i just dont like the tires....guess i just would like to see a s2k with 10in wide wheels tucking 315s. :(

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I always had a problem with posers and people that try too hard to do something regardless of what it is. This so called "new trend" isnt new, its just a evolution. i wont say i got into that scene but if i was gonna put together a vip styled car i was gonna have to have a good fitting tire..stretch poke, and slam was and is the only way. it takes a bold man to take their great riding comfortable car, and to make it sit a certain way, and turn it into a stiff stance machine..

but i appreciate everything. dont matter what it is, i will like something about it, i just cant not like a put together vehicle.. its just not me. I even have a hard time saying anything non constructive.

i honestly dont understand how people that dont like it or arent into it, spend more time talking bad on what they are not into. There isnt a thread like this on stanceworks, or hellflush.... but on every other forum i go on there is a "im tired of (stance-flush) " thread... i seent it

have u all been seeing how much love some IAers have been getting all around the world!

i think the reason for that is because its everywhere,i mean go to car pics and most you see has something to do with stance this,stance that.

but thats just my :2cents:

JITB
03-12-2010, 02:19 PM
i think the reason for that is because its everywhere,i mean go to car pics and most you see has something to do with stance this,stance that.

thats because people like it.. my blog doesnt have alot of stanced cars, its alot of well built cars, that are in our region.. Ia is just a mixing pot, the best stuff i find i dont even post it on IA. I usually post stuff that make people talk and just are interesting to look at.

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 02:21 PM
thats because people like it.. my blog doesnt have alot of stanced cars, its alot of well built cars. Ia is just a mixing pot, the best stuff i find i dont even post it on IA. I usually post stuff that make people talk and just are interesting to look at.

well yea but ofcourse not everyone will like it and i wanna say this goes both ways i see alot of people tell people with car built to perform bout slamming thier cars or have skinny tires.

i saw a thread not long ago where 70% of the people in the thread told this guy to slam his corvette and it needed poke,i mean really its a corvette not a civic,lol.

Nerdsrock22
03-12-2010, 02:22 PM

I love that people post up controversial stuff, that makes for the best threads.

IA would be an awfully boring place if every thread response was:

AWESOME BRO!!!!11! :idb:

If stance makes for good debate, bring it on.

DeeAOne
03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
lots of good points in this thread. i can definitely see both sides of the argument.

my personal opinion,

i feel like that the whole stance thing is another thing that a lot of people will do just to fit in. like DO and others said, some will do it right and some will do it wrong. everyone is into different things. so if its really what you are into, and you arent doing to make others happy i say go for it all day.

mod your car for YOU. :yes:

Glides
03-12-2010, 02:24 PM
To the Clean Dickriders (Note: You may or may not fall into this category),

I must admit that having good fitment is nice but, damn. Now every dickriden' follower of Rota's, Springs and a Lip are saying it now. Clean this, Clean that, Clean, Clean, Clean. Well, damn nuttswinger we get it. You got the Clean butt of a man who likes buttsecks.

I thought Clean was something you noticed, something that was just a given. You look at the car and admire the whole car, along with the interior and the story the guy tells about how he looked at the picture section of Import Atlanta for references on how to make his car look like every other car out there and lie to himself about how gay he really is. Not something that would replace JDM or having actual parts that makes hp, no, he doesn't need that. he only needs to follow the herd to be cool.

Me personally I am somewhat of a bandwagoner. I like the real deal Rota's, nothing beats some Ground Controls and Machine Gun stickers on my lip, it's like a nice set of Spoon copies right out of the box. But, it's not the car or the end all be all of TUNING right. IDK seems like Clean is gonna be hear for a while till someone does something different which draws the attention away from Clean. I would prefer everyone jump on a Pep Boys lighted gear shift knob, at least there would be some good Whores Lounge threads going on. Just my view point. I can't tell anybody what to do but, I can say stop being Fuckin' BITCHES.

My :2cents:.

Waits for the comments to roll in.

There, I fixed it for the Import Atlanta Cattle Herd.

Funny how you can insert ANY lame, stupid, nutswinging term in there and it makes sense.

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM

THIS is true. We should be happy for our fellow IA man. IA members have been setting trends and are known literally across the globe. I too have seent it. :D
I'm an example. :o

i mean i like alot of the cars,i just dont like the tires....guess i just would like to see a s2k with 10in wide wheels tucking 315s. :(

that would DEFINETELY be awesome but our little Honda bodys cant fit them. But we want to be like the big boys so we do what we can. :o

I LOVE Vette's and Stangs with 12" wide wheels and 345s or something like that. but its a totally different chassis from the s2000. They're made for that. the APs are not

Thats because people are speaking up and expelling the fear they had before of posting.

JITB
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
well yea but ofcourse not everyone will like it and i wanna say this goes both ways i see alot of people tell people with car built to perform bout slamming thier cars or have skinny tires.

i saw a thread not long ago where 70% of the people in the thread told this guy to slam his corvette and it needed poke,i mean really its a corvette not a civic,lol.

i agree... if i had jay leno money, id slam a vette just for the hell of it, and put a rotary in it...:D

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 02:33 PM
but really the main thing i dont like is the reason for this thread,its all the people that are jumping on the bandwagon.

i mean there are tons of people that have been doing this for awhile,i mean alot of cool "stance" people posted in this thread.

i just dont like the ones that call me a hater and so forth for not liking their wheel/tire setup,thats just stupid.

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 02:34 PM
that would DEFINETELY be awesome but our little Honda bodys cant fit them. But we want to be like the big boys so we do what we can. :o

I LOVE Vette's and Stangs with 12" wide wheels and 345s or something like that. but its a totally different chassis from the s2000. They're made for that. the APs are not

that is true,but i think if they can fit a 10in wide wheel on the back they can do better than a 215 size tire,lol.

i mean i have that on a 15x7. lol

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
yeah... that is absurd! :no:
but yeah it goes back to the fact that every vehicle serves a purpose. Only narrowminded clowns wont be able to differentiate. but TRUE enthusiasts respect it all. sure they tend to side with either a certain brand of car or a certain style. but if you love cars you love cars. :dunno:
I want a Mustang but i would NEVER mod it the way i mod my Honda, Lexus, & S10. They're worlds different. If i get another JEEP i will lift it. It will be total opposite of my Honda that currently rubs dicks with the devil. But i'll love them both the same. :o

Nerdsrock22
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
If i get another JEEP i will lift it. It will be total opposite of my Honda that currently rubs dicks with the devil. But i'll love them both the same. :o

...in for a VIP Jeep. :ninja:

e30pwr
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
There, I fixed it for the Import Atlanta Cattle Herd.

Funny how you can insert ANY lame, stupid, nutswining term in there and it makes sense.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

either way, its IA, there will be those who like to bitch about the fitment deal, and there will be those that love whatever the newest trend is, and there will be those that truly know what the fitment deal is about*cough*DO*cough*

personally, there is the functional "stance" and the VIP status "stance". Make your car yours, but don't hate for the sake of hating. I know this is a useless statement because the majority of IA wont see it or wont give a damn. Half the time I post something in the pics section I preface it with "I know this isn't everybodies cup of tea" or "not everybody will like it but here it is" and its funny to watch people still bitch and moan.

Dirty Octopus™
03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
that is true,but i think if they can fit a 10in wide wheel on the back they can do better than a 215 size tire,lol.

i mean i have that on a 15x7. lol
they do better than a 215. they do 225s :o
shit i got a 235 Kumho on my Lexus 10J
lolz! :D

but you gotta remember... in order to fit any 10" wheel on the s2000 and make it look decent we cant always run a butt ton of camber just to make it not rub. we need to push the wheel out to not touch the chassis and get a 225 to not hit the fender/quarters. Its the only way to do it and still be able to drive the car.

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
they do better than a 215. they do 225s :o
shit i got a 235 Kumho on my Lexus 10J
lolz! :D

but you gotta remember... in order to fit any 10" wheel on the s2000 and make it look decent we cant always run a butt ton of camber just to make it not rub. we need to push the wheel out to not touch the chassis and get a 225 to not hit the fender/quarters. Its the only way to do it and still be able to drive the car.

thats why you tub it:cheers:

Glides
03-12-2010, 03:05 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

either way, its IA, there will be those who like to bitch about the fitment deal, and there will be those that love whatever the newest trend is, and there will be those that truly know what the fitment deal is about*cough*DO*cough*

personally, there is the functional "stance" and the VIP status "stance". Make your car yours, but don't hate for the sake of hating. I know this is a useless statement because the majority of IA wont see it or wont give a damn. Half the time I post something in the pics section I preface it with "I know this isn't everybodies cup of tea" or "not everybody will like it but here it is" and its funny to watch people still bitch and moan.

Lol....it's Import Atlanta. Half these fucking clowns just bitch because everyone else is doing it....sort of goes back to the whole My Civic is better than your Civic cause my Rota's are lime green and yours are black, neener neener.

Mooooo. I hear the herd calling. :)

Slow Motion
03-12-2010, 04:04 PM
:thinking:

ATK_Designs
03-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Why do people confuse Stance v.s. Stretched v.s. Fitment?

Fuck, English is my 2nd Language and I, at least, know the differences:

Stance = Overall look of the vehicle with wheels and drop; aka, how it sits.
Stretch = Rims and tires aka, how the rims having smaller-than-spec tires mount on there.
Fitment = Wheels And Hub and Offset.

Glides
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Why do people confuse Stance v.s. Stretched v.s. Fitment?

Fuck, English is my 2nd Language and I, at least, know the differences:

Stance = Overall look of the vehicle with wheels and drop; aka, how it sits.
Stretch = Rims and tires aka, how the rims having smaller-than-spec tires mount on there.
Fitment = Wheels And Hub and Offset.

The same way they confuse owning a Modified Civic with being Cool. It happens. :goodjob:

Mantooth
03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
You're all Cotton-headed Ninny Muggins'!:tongue1:

Julio
03-12-2010, 05:44 PM
i'm not a fan..

But all fads come and go... this one just came back...

My question is, what will be the next fad ?

Elbow
03-12-2010, 05:49 PM
i'm not a fan..

Hydraulics and Dayton wire spoke wheels with stretched tires. :yes:

Julio
03-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Hydraulics and Dayton wire spoke wheels with stretched tires. :yes:

With Boost + 2 bottles.

:nx:

Elbow
03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
With Boost + 2 bottles.

:nx:

Sounds good to me.

Oh and a whistler tip.

HypnoToad
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
and a PA in the grill

e30pwr
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
i'm not a fan..

your question is the same as many who want to be the trend setters. or those who are too "badass" to give a fuck and unknowingly setting the next trend.

blaknoize
03-12-2010, 07:44 PM
fuk a stance, if ur car runs and drives good and smooth, why does it matter?

I know I surely wont drop my car down so low I have to worry about holes in the earth, or curbs in cities that arent flat. Fuk a camber, I drive my car, not race.

Glides
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
You're all Cotton-headed Ninny Muggins'!:tongue1:

Lol you get positive reps for an Elf reference....and I will burp on you!